1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Azothan Plays the Human Campaign Co-op

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by Ralle, May 3, 2014.

1. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]

WtiiWarcraft and Azothan have teamed up to take down the demanding and amazing Co-Op Reign Of Chaos Campaign, made by TheSpoon. This is hosted on both channels and played on the Insane difficulty.

Below you can watch the first four videos in the series, but you can click the link below for the rest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYs6QHyNB5A https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylj-FiHiROc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIwYVdZb_Ls https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ba5NxY306Y

Click here to view the full playlist of the whole campaign (17 episodes)

Wtii's Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/wtiiwarcraft

Azothan's Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/user/TheAzothan

Attached Files:

2. aple

aple

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You're about as beyond on this as Wtii is, whom only has like 8 of the episodes uploaded on his channel. xD

In fact, they're on the Undead Campaign now.

3. BlueSaint

BlueSaint

Resources:
    Tools:
    Spells:
    Resources:
  4. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    They seem reasonable players. Still I wonder how many out-takes they had...

5. Azothan

Azothan

Resources:
    Resources:
    We have a huge number of fails and restarts. Haven't been this challenged since "To The Bitter End"

6. Orcnet

Orcnet

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Remembered watching your videos about that, really entertaining and fun to watch. :thumbs_up:

7. GhostThruster

GhostThruster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Gagoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

8. PurgeandFire

PurgeandFire

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Haha. These are great. I loved this campaign. Can't wait til you get to the "Blackrock and Roll Two!" level (I think it is where kel'thuzad and arthas face the different orc teams). It'll be a hell of a challenge if you try to do it on insane.

9. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hi purge, i am not sure if you played the more recent level of that. The newer version was made so it was actually beatable. The original one that my friend and i tried to beat was actually impossible no matter how good we were. We even abused some triggers such as sending a unit into the first orc party that sits on the hill waiting to attack to stop it form hitting, and other ridiculous abuses, but it was actually IMPOSSIBLE.

The newer one is far easier, they should have 0 problem.

10. PurgeandFire

PurgeandFire

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I think I played it post-nerf, but I still struggled a bit. Took my friend and I a few tries before we finally got through it.

Although we aren't pros in any form of the word. :D I liked the challenge though, it made the ending very satisfying. It became a tad easier after taking out one base, but the dragons were literally the biggest douchebags in the universe. They just ate your acolytes and messed up your mining. Only solution was to amass gargoyles, but it put such a damper on resources.

But once you get the blue base, you get a bit more income and that helps a great deal. After you kill a second base, it is still a little difficult because you'll end up having to defend on two fronts. After the third base, things are pretty much set in stone and its gg.

11. Azothan

Azothan

Resources:
    Resources:
    So far we are finding that a safe and defensive build up and then a mass army steam roll are the best options. Slow going and the challenge is absolutely awesome

12. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Good gameplay.

13. GhostThruster

GhostThruster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    man id make the ne 2P campaign just to see wtii and azothan complete them xD

14. tulee

tulee

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:

Yes, that approach is fine for the current version. But for the people who played the older versions (only a few did before he nerfed them) the issue was holding the base in the first place was impossible. I mean, even with the gayest tactics like taking the other persons gold mine so the other person could max units without penalty could not win us the game, especially on black rock and roll II.

In the updated versions, there are no undead levels that offer significant challenge. The last level of the undead campaign is actually easier on insane than it is playing as 1 player, because the difficulty with that level was microing the different sides, and not being able to use all the items on arthas because he didn't have enough space, but with falric it is a breeze. Currently i think the final human level is the hardest of all the maps (not the custom one, the one with Malganis)

15. McQvaBlood

McQvaBlood

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I was one of those people who played on the original version. That version was like those oldest games where it just got harder and harder until you eventually lost. :D

16. JCarrill0

JCarrill0

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    the real question is... will theSpoon ever Finnish the RoC Campagin?

17. Gismo359

Gismo359

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It doesnt seem like so, last time hes done something on the hive was about 5 months ago. Inspite that I still have my hopes of someone continuing his work.

18. Azothan

Azothan

Resources:
    Resources:
    There's a hope that our playthrough will inspire someone to finish the work and we'll be able to bring everyone the completed collection.

19. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    It's still a low chance for that.

20. Gismo359

Gismo359

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's actually very surprising that nobody has taken it over; I've seen alot of really good mapmakers on the Hive.