1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Art Of Life 2.9

Submitted by Aeroblyctos
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
This cinematic is 29 min long and 26.9 mt big file and cannot be watched in battle.net. Be patient when downloading this cinematic.

Art Of Life cinematic includes different kind of massive special effects. I also have put lyrics to this so you can example, use it like karaoke.

The whole cinematic is only one music. It is called Art Of Life. X-Japan released Art Of Life in 1993 so it is old, but it's one of my favorite composition. Well okay, it's my favorite.

The audio in the cinematic is high quality (I haven't changed the bitrate, that's the reason why this is 26.9 mt big).

To the music. Music tells about love, sadness and pain. If you want to learn more about the music go to http://www.sputnikmusic.com/album.php?reviewid=1794.

This game is highly recomended for fast computers. When you start to watch this remember to close all unnecessary programs.

Enjoy.

- Fixed memory leaks
- Added more cooler effects
- and much much more...

UNPROTECTED VERSION.
Contents

Art Of Life 2.9 (Map)

1. Xarwin

Xarwin

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    People like Callahan should require no respect since they don't know it by theirself nor having it for others. Post a constructive and helping comment rather less being a ****.

2. Aeroblyctos

Aeroblyctos

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah, thank you Heero, if some1 doesn't like this video, he can tell me what should I do differently so I can make better video. It's much better than just blame.

3. Callahan

Callahan

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Blame is constructive in some case.

And i didn't blamed for blaming.I told him what is wrong with his map...I repeat again memory leak,random fx spam,cinematic mode.All these result in a soporific effect and pointlessness of listening 30 min the same music.

And rating 1 is my right.I don't think a map that make me reboot my computer deserve more.If you don't agree just modify the rating system so that people can't rate under 5.

4. GoingDowntown

GoingDowntown

Resources:
    Resources:
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG DL. You really should get rid of some of the more useless triggers. "Have you ever seen better warcraft 3 video..." Well, yes.

5. ap0calypse

ap0calypse

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I wasn't unhappy, tired of gaming, upset or anything like that, I just wanted to see this cinematic.
    This is a GREAT cinematic (Rated 9)
    (a few reasons:)

-The special effects mixed with music were fabulous.
    -This is nothing like any other warcraft-map, congratulations with your originality, it paid off
    -for depressive, unhappy, angry, ... people this could really help
    -DL-time was about 1 minute for me, so that wasn't really a problem.

6. FGRaptor

FGRaptor

Resources:
    Resources:
    I rated (6)Great.
    Why so bad? Well, first I think it'S no bad rating. Anyhow, I'll tell you why i rated so and not higher, why not 7? Why not very good? Well, as you may have thought, I don't think it's _very_ good.
    First, the lags. I have a new PC and I can even run a huge battle in CnC3 on high graphics, but neverless it lagged sometimes. Especially at the bugging Obelisks, the blizzard in the solo and the fucking huge fire explosion at the end of the solo.
    Next point: The effects.
    I think they're too much. And some sucked or we're damn boring. I didn't like the bugging obelisks and the damn long piano solo, where everything was equal and too long and it even was a just like an effect before. The few we see of an terrain is Ok, but not good. There are much to less details, and they wouldn't lagg as much as these effects. Especially I didn't like the seashells, crabs and corals at the ending scene.
    Anyways, the rockin' arthas was good, it was at the right scene and it looked good.
    The music's also great, really, I liked it, but I think it's too long and the female voice is much too quiet I think, and I already turned my speakers up.
    Now, what I would like better: A Story, Terrain and People.
    Maybe you know the Disney Movies, were stories were told like the one with the little wizard and the brooms - there was this story and just music in the background. That was great, I think. I think this would work here too.
    I came to think of a man, running through his city at the night, crying. Thinking alone in his chamber, on his bed, thinking about his desperation and himself, maybe thinking about committing suicide. I also thought about a man and his love sitting at a cliff, maybe she leaves and he crys.. maybe he jumps off the cliff. I don't actually know, thats just what I thought of while watching and listening.
    Now, that's why I think it's a great Cinematic. But it could be better, I suppose.

PS: Now I feel even more desperate ^^"

7. Aeroblyctos

Aeroblyctos

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'm really thankful of your all comments. I like to have comments.

FGRaptor: The obelisk thing was made on purpose. It is a bug, maybe graphic bug, but it's funny at least my eyes.

Yes, here is no story, but that's also purpose. I have 2 other cinematic where is a story, terrain and people. This is just a different kind of cinematic.

I agree with you. This could be done better. Do you remember, what part was not so good? I can make it better!

This is for everyone: This is not a normal cinematic, it's something else!

8. Aeroblyctos

Aeroblyctos

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I have updated the game. Now there is much cooler effects. Example: the obelisk thing have been changed. Also I have removed the memory leaks and putted new cinematic interface.

Please give me feedback after you have watched this cinematic. It is very important to me.

9. Kill3rbeast

Kill3rbeast

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    WOW, never seen so manny nice effects in a map. The song this cinematic is based on is really cool. I suggest everybody to investigate this 30min and watch it. Ah and at my pc there was no lagg. Good Work
    Greetings
    Kill3rbeast

10. Johannes

Johannes

Resources:
    Resources:
    woah...this is so....freaking cool!
    Great work!

11. Keiji

Keiji

Terrain Moderator

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    worldedit wont open it... lol o_O

12. Aeroblyctos

Aeroblyctos

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Of course not, I have protected the map.

13. Battle_Shipper

Battle_Shipper

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hum... okay effects, but its way too long for just a cinematic without story. I could watch cinematics if they were entertaining but this... eh...

14. jenkins

jenkins

Resources:
    Resources:
    I enjoyed this video for the most part, the song was incredible minus the awful piano playing, I think it would be best to edit some of the Piano out rather then have the song cut out before it's over as I felt the Piano scene was the most longwinded and to be honest I was on the nodd before the piano solo was over.

The scenes could have been synced up a little tighter to the music, some parts felt as if I was listening to music on Windows Media Player using the Visualisation thing it has where it randomly changes at different intervals.

Some of the scenes were out of place and should be removed or shuffled around, like the camera rolling across the hills did not seem to fit in with the other parts at all.

Very creative and looks like it took a lot of work so I tip my hat to ya, well done bud.:thumbs_up:

15. ap0calypse

ap0calypse

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hehh... I have downloaded this cinematic almost a year ago now and I still love it...
    I have just received a new PC with less lagg (on the other it lagged at... 25 minutes or something, after the solo)

Don't listen to people who don't like this map... I have tried to make an action cinematic (battle between 2 warlords), when all actions are based on the music, I know it is very hard to create special effects at the rythm of the music :p

I also want to thank you, if you didn't make this map, I wouldn't have known X-Japan, this song is really breath-taking.
    Like you already said in the map description: it doesn't matter whether I'm angry, sad, or in a normal mood, this song can really cheer me up and - I don't know if it was on purpose - but the effects look like they're based on the feeling in the song. In the solo you can really feel anger, the colors turn red then and are very wild, at the end you get a tranquillity-effect with the blue mass-effects...

Sorry for the long message, basically it comes to this: Amazing cinematic, amazing music, nice timing...

16. DPL

DPL

Resources:
    Resources:
    Very nice. I give 5/5 :)

17. wereguy2

wereguy2

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I love x japan but the piano solo in this song completely ruined it for me...

18. ap0calypse

ap0calypse

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I want to add a few more things:

- The piano solo is a matter of taste it has nothing to do with the cinematic, but cutting the piano solo would ruin it for other people (like me), because
    The one who is playing the piano is the same person as the one playing the drums (and this is a live version), give him a little credit please :)
    The melody of the solo is ment to be like this, a lot of wrong notes, dischords, then a good chord, ... - that's because Yoshiki wants to mean something with this solo...

- The only story in this game, is the story in the song, of course it has no other story! It's ment to be a karaoke-like game, not some battle...

- The voice of the women is silent, yes... but that's just the song, this has nothing to do with the game.

And 1 negative remark: the lyrics don't match the music at the end and I didn't lagg... (at least, I think so)

Keep up the good work anyway, you still deserve the 9/10 I gave you!

19. Aeroblyctos

Aeroblyctos

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes, thanks everyone for comments, especially for you, ap0calypse. As we everyone know, this is my second map and the first cinematic I have made. I made this cinematic already two years ago, so if you think I'm still as killed as you see in this cinematic you are wrong.

I tried to create something epic two years ago and I think I somehow achieved it. I won't update the cinematic, and I leave it as it has been last two years. I hope you have enjoyed watching the cinematic, and if want to know what I have been doing last one year I suggest to visit in The Chosen Ones - Index.

20. Fallen_Templar

Fallen_Templar

Resources:
    Resources:
    to be honesty, the map was great' the effects' the song' every thing it was truely a remarkable map, but it was kinda long.

GREAT JOB THO!:thumbs_up: