1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Risk Devolution Reborn 2.9

Submitted by PsycoMarauder
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
-
Risk Devolution

This is a fast paced map where the goal is to conquer the world. There's only one obstacle: 11 other players trying to do the exact same thing. Conquer regions for bonuses, and secure entire continents for additional bonuses. This map combines many of the best elements of Risk maps before it as well as some concepts from the classic board game. This game requires diplomacy and deception, careful calculations, and micro and macro skills to even survive. The best part? After playing a game on the lagless official hostbots which allow players from all battle.net realms to connect to one another, visit the Official Website to view your stats from any game, see where you rank compared to others, and view replays from any official game hosted.

Risk Devolution/Risk Next Gen Europe takes the infamous Europe terrain made by Goble-R1sk and turns it into an insanely strategic and fast paced game. This is similar to older versions of Risk Devolution except it is more fast paced and has more options. It also runs much more smoothly and is now ranked at risknextgen.com.

All the old features of devo reborn remain except the engine has been completely rebuilt from the ground up and there are subtle differences to encourage professional gameplay. It plays like a more fast paced, polished and fun Risk Devolution with new features that enable entirely different game play. You can even choose between classic Risk Revolution and Risk Next Gen units now! Enjoy seamless gameplay on Risk Next Gen and now on Risk Devolution as you work your way toward the best risk player of all time!

Credits:
-NewRelic for helping with the coding and designing an awesome website
-Fallengod for code
-Debode for the battleship skin
-GeneralFrank for the $ icon
-Paladon for the skeleton icon
-Rayquaza for the 'suspend' icon
-zombie2279 for the laptop icon
-RodofNod for creating Risk Devolution

Here are demonstration video of early beta:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y9QOSnRcfA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKx0Jbajz1A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyOhLBA-jjQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ4WxXNwY0M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGXQCl6ocqA

Credits to rodofnod for the original risk devolution and to goble-r1sk for the original terrain (which has been modified)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Keywords:
Risk, Strategy, Next, Gen, Devo, Devolution, Micro, RNG, World, Generation, Risk Next Gen, team, devo, risk, dota, strategy, generation, diplomacy,
Contents

Risk Devolution Reborn 2.9 (Map)

Reviews
» Vengeancekael:[c] 「Profile :: Hive Staff」 » Reasons: » Comment: Updated and approved. » Rules: [c] 「Map Submission」 » Contact: [c] 「Staff Contact」 ! 'Reasons' are automated !100%Verdict + - No review available. [tr]Not...
    • » Vengeancekael:[c] Profile :: Hive Staff
      » Reasons:

» Comment:
      Updated and approved.

» Rules: [c] Map Submission
      » Contact: [c] Staff Contact
      ! 'Reasons' are automated !

• Verdict
      +
      -

No review available.
      Not Rated
    • [tr][tab=Other]
      Suggestions:
      • /

Moderated Version: 2.7
      Date: 31/Mar/2013 20:11:53[/tab][/tr]
    [tr]

Old moderation
    • » Vengeancekael:[c] Profile :: Hive Staff
      » Reasons:

The disabled version of custom icons is not imported.
      Credits to be posted in-game + in the Hive Description. (All authors)

» Comment:
      Missing disbtns:
      *Item 'Down'
      *Skill 'Ping Options'
      Missing in-game credits. (Quest log)

Once you've fixed the above, contact me again for approval.

» Rules: [c] Map Submission
      » Contact: [c] Staff Contact
      ! 'Reasons' are automated !

• Verdict
      +
      -

No review available.
      Not Rated
    • [tr][tab=Other]
      Suggestions:
      • Write less sentences in the hive description and make a list of features (short sentences!)
      • Use more vivid colors
      • Screenshots don't work
      • Add titles to the hidden tags

Moderated Version: 18th February
      Date: 25/Mar/2013 18:46:21[/tab][/tr]
    [/tr]

1. Radicool

Radicool

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You need to fix this by adding a type and category.

Also, from watching the youtube videos and noticed the 2.65MB map size, It's likely
    you used other people's resources. Unless you made everything yourself, you need
    to credit the ones who did.

You just need to fix these issues or your map wont be approved by the moderators.

2. JesusHipster

JesusHipster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    pretty intereting

3. PsycoMarauder

PsycoMarauder

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I guess this map isn't high enough quality :(

4. Radicool

Radicool

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I didn't say or insinuate that. To be honest I havent played the map. You just need to fix up your description if you want the moderators to approve your map. Look at my previous post.

5. PsycoMarauder

PsycoMarauder

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I did fix the issues. I'm just kidding about it not being good enough quality, in fact this is deserving of DC.

6. neo_sluf

neo_sluf

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    What DC!!!....even IID did not get a DC even of its very realistic terrain...Recommended i think..

7. PsycoMarauder

PsycoMarauder

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You need to play this game and you will realize that good players develop their elite strategies through years of mastery. It requires top level melee micro as well as an element of diplomacy few other maps have and expert decision making.

8. neo_sluf

neo_sluf

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah i played it......it has few unit types...12 i think...and spells are not good enough...your terrain is not good enough..you don't even put some enviromental doodads except the colorful trees..

It don't deserve a DC...but high recommended i think..but as we observe on some things not depend on the strategy..recommended is best enough..

9. PsycoMarauder

PsycoMarauder

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    20 different units and two different unit sets, so 40 units in total. Each unit set has unique and very different strategies. Every unit has a purpose in a certain situation. This is not a shitty risk map where youspam random units an d hope your mass of op units beats their mass of units. More unit types does not make for a more difficult or fun game, it makes an unbalanced map that caters only too the "noobier" or more ""kiddie" players a la middle earth or lotr risk. I'm not designing spells to impress map makers with my coding ability. I created spells that would give strategic and smart advantages to enhance gameplay... nothing op or flashy or incredibly complex, this is a strategy game not a hero arena.

What you need to understand is that every doodad is placed with purpose... Cluttering it with doodads would change the tactics. To criticize me in this manner shows you don't understand the fundamentals of a good risk map.

I made risk next gen which has 'realistic' terrain. This one is supposed to resemble a game board...

10. neo_sluf

neo_sluf

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ok....to sum it up..........i am not a moderator......and it is depend on the moderator if it deserves a DC or Not........but in my opinion...this will not got a dc..........but i don't know what well happen...

So goodluck with this...if it gets a DC then congrats........but anyway i like your map 4/5..........your really a good map maker...

11. PsycoMarauder

PsycoMarauder

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks, I respect your opinion and time taken to review the game. What would make it 5/5? I try to offer a risk player everything possible a fan of this genre could want. I stuffed it full of features, camera angle options, and ways to observe other players. I'm at a loss mostly on what could be done to improve this.

12. Almia

Almia

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Uhmm,is this still alive?

13. PsycoMarauder

PsycoMarauder

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yep.

14. MR.Tricky

MR.Tricky

Resources:
    Resources:
    This map is awesome, i was playing and i nearly conquered half of the map with only a few players who didn't leave and me and this one player who maybe got 1/3 of the map were about to have a clash but the game suddenly ended. The game ended for unknown reasons and we were about to get to the fun part. What the hell was that. Please do something about that.
    While we were playing. A text popped up saying "The game will end in 10 seconds" i don't know why but maybe it was because half of the map was conquered? but damn that shouldn't happen maybe an option for players to surrender but it shouldn't end just because someone got control of over half the map.

15. Wazzz

Wazzz

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    useful at most

16. PsycoMarauder

PsycoMarauder

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The fist to own 100 cities wins. Someone must have met a win condition. This encourages nonstop fighting and shifts in the balance of power. Glad u enjoyed it. This map was developed to have an insanely high skill curve, very few people have little left to learn

17. Almia

Almia

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    100 cities? Wow!

18. PsycoMarauder

PsycoMarauder

Resources:
    Maps: