• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Risk Devolution Reborn 2.9

-
Risk Devolution

This is a fast paced map where the goal is to conquer the world. There's only one obstacle: 11 other players trying to do the exact same thing. Conquer regions for bonuses, and secure entire continents for additional bonuses. This map combines many of the best elements of Risk maps before it as well as some concepts from the classic board game. This game requires diplomacy and deception, careful calculations, and micro and macro skills to even survive. The best part? After playing a game on the lagless official hostbots which allow players from all battle.net realms to connect to one another, visit the Official Website to view your stats from any game, see where you rank compared to others, and view replays from any official game hosted.

Risk Devolution/Risk Next Gen Europe takes the infamous Europe terrain made by Goble-R1sk and turns it into an insanely strategic and fast paced game. This is similar to older versions of Risk Devolution except it is more fast paced and has more options. It also runs much more smoothly and is now ranked at risknextgen.com.

All the old features of devo reborn remain except the engine has been completely rebuilt from the ground up and there are subtle differences to encourage professional gameplay. It plays like a more fast paced, polished and fun Risk Devolution with new features that enable entirely different game play. You can even choose between classic Risk Revolution and Risk Next Gen units now! Enjoy seamless gameplay on Risk Next Gen and now on Risk Devolution as you work your way toward the best risk player of all time!

Credits:
-NewRelic for helping with the coding and designing an awesome website
-Fallengod for code
-Debode for the battleship skin
-GeneralFrank for the $ icon
-Paladon for the skeleton icon
-Rayquaza for the 'suspend' icon
-zombie2279 for the laptop icon
-RodofNod for creating Risk Devolution

Here are demonstration video of early beta:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y9QOSnRcfA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKx0Jbajz1A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyOhLBA-jjQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ4WxXNwY0M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGXQCl6ocqA

Credits to rodofnod for the original risk devolution and to goble-r1sk for the original terrain (which has been modified)

riskdevo3.jpg

e4.jpg

e3.jpg

devoe1.jpg

riskdevo2.jpg

riskdevo4.jpg

Keywords:
Risk, Strategy, Next, Gen, Devo, Devolution, Micro, RNG, World, Generation, Risk Next Gen, team, devo, risk, dota, strategy, generation, diplomacy,
Contents

Risk Devolution Reborn 2.9 (Map)

Reviews
» Vengeancekael:[c] 「Profile :: Hive Staff」 » Reasons: » Comment: Updated and approved. » Rules: [c] 「Map Submission」 » Contact: [c] 「Staff Contact」 ! 'Reasons' are automated !100%Verdict + - No review available. Not Rated100%Suggestions...

M

General

Review

Other

» Vengeancekael:[c] Profile :: Hive Staff
» Reasons:
» Comment:
Updated and approved.
» Rules: [c] Map Submission
» Contact: [c] Staff Contact
! 'Reasons' are automated !

Verdict
+
-

No review available.
Not Rated
[tr]​

Suggestions:
  • /

Moderated Version: 2.7
Date: 31/Mar/2013 20:11:53

General

Review

Other

» Vengeancekael:[c] Profile :: Hive Staff
» Reasons:

The disabled version of custom icons is not imported.
Credits to be posted in-game + in the Hive Description. (All authors)
» Comment:
Missing disbtns:
*Item 'Down'
*Skill 'Ping Options'
Missing in-game credits. (Quest log)

Once you've fixed the above, contact me again for approval.
» Rules: [c] Map Submission
» Contact: [c] Staff Contact
! 'Reasons' are automated !

Verdict
+
-

No review available.
Not Rated
[tr]​

Suggestions:
  • Write less sentences in the hive description and make a list of features (short sentences!)
  • Use more vivid colors
  • Screenshots don't work
  • Add titles to the hidden tags

Moderated Version: 18th February
Date: 25/Mar/2013 18:46:21

Level 16
Type: None
Category: None

You need to fix this by adding a type and category.

Also, from watching the youtube videos and noticed the 2.65MB map size, It's likely
you used other people's resources. Unless you made everything yourself, you need
to credit the ones who did.

You just need to fix these issues or your map wont be approved by the moderators.

Level 6
Yeah i played it......it has few unit types...12 i think...and spells are not good enough...your terrain is not good enough..you don't even put some enviromental doodads except the colorful trees..

It don't deserve a DC...but high recommended i think..but as we observe on some things not depend on the strategy..recommended is best enough..

Level 6
20 different units and two different unit sets, so 40 units in total. Each unit set has unique and very different strategies. Every unit has a purpose in a certain situation. This is not a shitty risk map where youspam random units an d hope your mass of op units beats their mass of units. More unit types does not make for a more difficult or fun game, it makes an unbalanced map that caters only too the "noobier" or more ""kiddie" players a la middle earth or lotr risk. I'm not designing spells to impress map makers with my coding ability. I created spells that would give strategic and smart advantages to enhance gameplay... nothing op or flashy or incredibly complex, this is a strategy game not a hero arena.

What you need to understand is that every doodad is placed with purpose... Cluttering it with doodads would change the tactics. To criticize me in this manner shows you don't understand the fundamentals of a good risk map.

I made risk next gen which has 'realistic' terrain. This one is supposed to resemble a game board...

Level 6
20 different units and two different unit sets, so 40 units in total. Each unit set has unique and very different strategies. Every unit has a purpose in a certain situation. This is not a shitty risk map where youspam random units an d hope your mass of op units beats their mass of units. More unit types does not make for a more difficult or fun game, it makes an unbalanced map that caters only too the "noobier" or more ""kiddie" players a la middle earth or lotr risk. I'm not designing spells to impress map makers with my coding ability. I created spells that would give strategic and smart advantages to enhance gameplay... nothing op or flashy or incredibly complex, this is a strategy game not a hero arena.

What you need to understand is that every doodad is placed with purpose... Cluttering it with doodads would change the tactics. To criticize me in this manner shows you don't understand the fundamentals of a good risk map.

I made risk next gen which has 'realistic' terrain. This one is supposed to resemble a game board...

Ok....to sum it up..........i am not a moderator......and it is depend on the moderator if it deserves a DC or Not........but in my opinion...this will not got a dc..........but i don't know what well happen...

So goodluck with this...if it gets a DC then congrats........but anyway i like your map 4/5..........your really a good map maker...

Level 6
Thanks, I respect your opinion and time taken to review the game. What would make it 5/5? I try to offer a risk player everything possible a fan of this genre could want. I stuffed it full of features, camera angle options, and ways to observe other players. I'm at a loss mostly on what could be done to improve this.

Level 5
This map is awesome, i was playing and i nearly conquered half of the map with only a few players who didn't leave and me and this one player who maybe got 1/3 of the map were about to have a clash but the game suddenly ended. The game ended for unknown reasons and we were about to get to the fun part. What the hell was that. Please do something about that.
While we were playing. A text popped up saying "The game will end in 10 seconds" i don't know why but maybe it was because half of the map was conquered? but damn that shouldn't happen maybe an option for players to surrender but it shouldn't end just because someone got control of over half the map.

Level 6
The fist to own 100 cities wins. Someone must have met a win condition. This encourages nonstop fighting and shifts in the balance of power. Glad u enjoyed it. This map was developed to have an insanely high skill curve, very few people have little left to learn

Level 1
Hello there

I was once ago one of the top 10 players in Europe of Risk Revolution (created by Vol.Beat[bor], and later on Risk Devolution.)

I was even the chief of a risk team. I haven't played Risk for one year already;

Eh mate, if you're planning to remake Devolution, make the game end when someone got at least more than 105-110 gold income. I think that before it was a percentage of the total income that other players have, but I've forgotten the real number.

The fact is that conquering 100 countries in order for the game to end is utterly ridiculous, really; sorry for saying that I don't want to hurt you by saying this.

Russia got douzen of bases, and you still act as if it was only one country? So, I just got to conquer 100 littles 2 bases countries and I win, even though my adversary got more income than me because he got less countries, but most powerful ones.

Sorry but that is not good at all, the spirit of Risk has been hurt ;)

Level 32
Awesome map! Many noobs and pro's really like it, and it is balanced.

I played with you a while back, (Psyco) and you took half of the whole map in less than 30 minutes while it was 4 1/2 vs 1. You lol.

What you can improve is a way of people not just spamming Riflemen and Mortar Teams. It gets laggy and it doesn't require much skill after the point everyone masses.

Good job for making this map one of the most poplular maps on Battle.net over the years.

EDIT: SS Battleships are very annoying at times. Like the riflemen, the more, the better. In my opinion, you shouldn't make them weaker, or alot weaker, but you should make it so another unit is great at killing SS Bships.

Level 1
The fact is that conquering 100 countries in order for the game to end is utterly ridiculous, really; sorry for saying that I don't want to hurt you by saying this.

Russia got douzen of bases, and you still act as if it was only one country? So, I just got to conquer 100 littles 2 bases countries and I win, even though my adversary got more income than me because he got less countries, but most powerful ones.

Sorry but that is not good at all, the spirit of Risk has been hurt ;)

Not 100 countries but cities.

Level 1
Yeah i played it......it has few unit types...12 i think...and spells are not good enough...your terrain is not good enough..you don't even put some enviromental doodads except the colorful trees..

It don't deserve a DC...but high recommended i think..but as we observe on some things not depend on the strategy..recommended is best enough..

This map isn´t about terrain or more than 100 unit types. Spells are not needed, expect heal roar and some others. This map is about mainly 4 things.

Gameplay - It has already the best Risk gameplay.

Diplomacy - You need it, becuase diplomacy is way to victory.

Skill - You need to learn how to use unit combinations.

Tactics - Where to attack, when to attack, when to retreat, when to start ship fight, when to backstab ...

Level 1
I did the original Risk Devo Reborn...
After I gave you my unprotected version of Risk Devo Reborn 2.3b, you managed to recreate most of the code. Congrats.
You named the map including version number just like my map, I wonder why?
I guess you were jealous that there are other risk maps hosted than next gen, so you just hosted your own version of devo so often, that everyone forgot that my version ever existed. Seeing my map disappear, after I put so many hours of work in it, is just sad...

So please at least credit me for the name if not for everything else I did. Also, please credit era2.lazy for taking his map icon.

See you
Risk Reborn creator Priwin

Level 32
Yo. Priwin, I'm a fan of some of your work.

*Not telling my sources*

PsycoMarauder did not use your map, he used an older version. That's why it seems the the code was re-created. He is also actually hosting your 2.3b on battle.net along side with 2.8.

People do play both, I only prefer 2.8 because of the minor terrain tweak, and more abilities on units to balance it out, I also believe some unit attack types were changed.

This map should deserve a DC.

1. The map is all about strategy
2. I guarantee that this map is in the top 10 most popular and most played maps online. It is hosted daily on many servers.
3. Lot's of action, thinking (diplomatic). and every decision counts
4. The most professional, (with RNG), risk out there. It even has it's own category.
5. Terrain is clean, and matches well with everything else. It is not identical to the real Europe map because of balance reasons
6. This map is active

Thanks -Scn

Level 6
I never got an unprotected version of risk devo reborn. Goble-r1sk gave me an unprotected map that was very damaged. I just used the terrain and doodad placement from that map and completely reconstructed a risk map using systems I developed initially in the risk next gen map. Thats is why both maps feel similar.

Just like priwin did with risk devo reborn, he rebuilt the map using the same terrain created by goble-r1sk. Since goble made it I hardly think you get any credit for anything going on in my map. I had a great time coding a new map, was a fun project.

So what exactly do you think that you did in this map? None of your code is in it and your maps were never opened, my risk codesystems I have developed just had to be form fitted to devo. I merely continued the reborn extension because I feel it is the next evolution of reborn, and there are lots of similarities and improvements. It prevents players from getting confused.

This is by far one of the best risk maps and a step up from the previous reborn maps. Hiveworkshop still waiting for that dc for this or nextgen.

Don't request Director Cuts because it is rude as well I definitely don't see that your map deserves it. It does look like you spent some effort into it.

Your putting a lot of junk right at the start telling people to play this and bla bla bla while you have harsh language in it as well.

Thing is there is nothing unique here as well the terrain needs a definite improvement, if you want a better review please VM me when you have spare time.

A few suggestions would be to add some variation between the units/objects, and take out the swear words and vulgar language.
Try to remove the entire hero panel if your going to remove over 50% of it, like the icon and the giant tooltip border/box.
Also try to explain how to play a bit better by saying you need to aim tactically and intelligently to score bases on the map.

I really prefer the WoW risk map over this as well fyi. Way more unique units and strategies then this.

I rate this 3/5. It is approveable as well a good map, but nowhere near DC.

Level 8
If nothing else don't you think Priwin deserves credit for game design? You might not have used his code, but clearly this map is an improvement on the map he made rather than an entirely new risk map. Of course his version of the map was an improvement on previous versions, but he gave credit to them as well.

Level 6
Don't request Director Cuts because it is rude as well I definitely don't see that your map deserves it. It does look like you spent some effort into it.

Your putting a lot of junk right at the start telling people to play this and bla bla bla while you have harsh language in it as well.

Thing is there is nothing unique here as well the terrain needs a definite improvement, if you want a better review please VM me when you have spare time.

A few suggestions would be to add some variation between the units/objects, and take out the swear words and vulgar language.
Try to remove the entire hero panel if your going to remove over 50% of it, like the icon and the giant tooltip border/box.
Also try to explain how to play a bit better by saying you need to aim tactically and intelligently to score bases on the map.

I really prefer the WoW risk map over this as well fyi. Way more unique units and strategies then this.

I rate this 3/5. It is approveable as well a good map, but nowhere near DC.

What strategies are in wow risk? The comments you make me me assume you don't understand what you are talking about. WoW risk is not very balanced and the unit strategy is just about massing what unit you assume to be most op. You can't think of any unit strategies that can be used on either unit set in this map?

What is wrong with the terrain? The goal is for the terrain to be plain and with strategically placed doodads.

So look at the map, play it, see how smooth and lagless it is, and then try to guess how I did what I did with the coding. Also, the site collects data from the map every few seconds and can be used for live data interpretation.

Why should someone who has rarely played the map be able to determine if it is dc quality? Did you appreciate everything about your favorite maps after playing it twice?

People obsessing over learning how to get better, watching videos and studying replays doesn't warrant dc quality? Is any risk map worthy of dc in your opinion then? 3/5 huh?

Oh wait, I get it. DC is for obscure maps that show off fanciful coding that result in colorful spells and weird game control changes for maps that are really not much more than mapmakers who are well recognized in the community showboasting, rather than extremely optimized code and strategic and replayable games that people enjoy daily. Or, am I wrong?

Level 6
If nothing else don't you think Priwin deserves credit for game design? You might not have used his code, but clearly this map is an improvement on the map he made rather than an entirely new risk map. Of course his version of the map was an improvement on previous versions, but he gave credit to them as well.

Did you use your eyes to read?

Goble made a map with rodofnod.
Goble made a version of the map that was the terrain and doodads only and let a few people have it, we'll call it version x

Priwin took that version x, and when rodofnods map wasn't compatible, remade the map and called it reborn.

I wanted to rank europe risk and make it much better, so I took version x, the empty terrain only map, and made my own version of devo from the ground up using code I had perfected in the world map.

So priwin has... nothing... at all to do with my map.

Edit: Both maps give tribute to goble and rod for creating the first risk devo in 2006, what gives?

Level 8
Did you use your eyes to read?

Goble made a map with rodofnod.
Goble made a version of the map that was the terrain and doodads only and let a few people have it, we'll call it version x

Priwin took that version x, and when rodofnods map wasn't compatible, remade the map and called it reborn.

I wanted to rank europe risk and make it much better, so I took version x, the empty terrain only map, and made my own version of devo from the ground up using code I had perfected in the world map.

So priwin has... nothing... at all to do with my map.

Edit: Both maps give tribute to goble and rod for creating the first risk devo in 2006, what gives?

I was simply referring to the game design. This map you've created is basically an improvement on previous risk devolutions, the basic game design is still much the same. I'm sure it took a lot of work to make the triggers and everything else, and I'm not saying Priwin had anything to do with the creation of the map, but this map does seem to use the same gameplay elements and ideas that were present in previous versions. I'm not very familiar with risk devolutions history, so I can't say if Priwin is responsible for the game design behind risk devo or if risk devo's game design was already well established before he started working on it. I'm sorry if I was wrong, I honestly don't know what the state of the map was before Priwin's version.

Either way I'm sure its a great map I know a lot of people love playing it. Good job.

Level 6
Hmm thanks for the kind words. Don't worry, none of priwin's resources were used in any part of any of my maps, however I know he has taken resources directly from my risk next gen map in the past.

Well, because our code is completely different, there are many subtle differences that create important game play changes.

Since I am an extreme wc3 risk fan for a long time now, I have come to appreciate certain things. So basically I did my best to create the most pro risk maps possible.

So in many ways yes, the map functions like other risk maps. But in many other ways, no, no not at all. Play a risk map from before 2006. Then a risk from 2006-2008. Then play this map. I can guarantee it isn't the same, no more than Tides of Blood is the same as the first version of Dota.

What you guys refer to as copying seems mainly to be involved with the fundamental ideas that make a "wc3 risk map." The difference in code execution changes everything. Not to mention, the unit stats are changed and the next gen unit set isn't at all like another risk maps... and I've never seen more complex ship fighting, in any map...

If this risk map is the same as someone else's risk map, then your aos is like his aos, and HoN is the same game as LoL.

To the people that say this or next gen aren't dc worthy, I say this... Gain some skill in these maps and get a decent record, and by that point you will probably appreciate the finer details...

1v1 and FFA and Team Games are completely different universes, I encourage you guys try. (But if doing team on 2.8 or below, add comp slots to fill bases)

I have yet to find anything more challenging from a wc3 map than a pro 1v1 match on nextgen or devo, where apms are around 250 and tactics and micro and intelligence are everything.