• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Strategy / Risk] Approve My Map and Give it DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
1. I don't think a copy of a better made game can get a DC
2. the game does not use dices which removed the whole real risk game.
3. the game is too fast and wont allow you to play it as tactic as the real game

just a few main issues im sure you can find more if you look deeper into the map

1) You think other versions of the map are better? Why? I remade this map completely from scratch but used only the terrain.
2) Risk is the term that best descrbies this sort of wc3 map genre. I dont see your point really.
3) The game is very fast. Very difficult. Its not too fast. You need to become more skilled at the game to appreciate it I suppose. To say there is no tactic... Really?
4) I guess this all has to do with the Devo version and not RNG? It sounds just like you prefer an earlier version of devo and are extremely biased and unwilling to adapt.

Level 25
You are aware that when you state "Cause its one of the very best maps ever made for wc3.", you are stating and opinion, and thus being biased?

When you respond to this to argue this, you will also prove yourself "unwilling to adapt".

I don't think this map deserves a DC. Either way, my opinion doesn't count in this; it's up to the map moderators.

You might have better luck PMing one directly.

Level 6
You are aware that when you state "Cause its one of the very best maps ever made for wc3.", you are stating and opinion, and thus being biased?

When you respond to this to argue this, you will also prove yourself "unwilling to adapt".

I don't think this map deserves a DC. Either way, my opinion doesn't count in this; it's up to the map moderators.

You might have better luck PMing one directly.

You don't believe either map deserves DC?
Do you enjoy the risk genre?
What about either of these maps is lacking?

I put a lot of time and effort into the maps and the ranking system and people seem to enjoy it.

"When I respond to argue"-- Hey, I'm not here for the purpose of arguing. This is in map development. If there is something you think could be improved I'm more than willing to listen.

Ruler of iron, you take me so literally, but I suppose it is because you were born in 99. To me, they ARE the greatest maps. Nothing but the risk genre is as exciting or replayable for me personally. I think you are surprised by my thread, but dont take another persons internet statements too seriously.

Level 6
I don't think demanding DC is a valid argument.

Funny, I don't remember demanding dc. I do remember typing a thread title.

Hello everyone, I'm psyco. I'm not a regular on your forums, but I'm not new to the internet. No need to ostracize the unfamiliar face.

Again.. I'm not trying to win an argument... I'm trying to get my map approved and reviewed for DC because I think they are the cadillac maps of the risk genre. They are geared toward ranked gameplay and have extremely high skill curves on purpose. In my mind they could be played professionally if the fanbase was large enough.

Level 6
I meant the REAL game. You can download the real risk game free and play on your computer it gives better quality and is exactly like the realm game.

so I'm NOT talking about any wc3 map right now.

What post did you mean the "real game" in?

Oh so now you were talking about something else completely not about the subject of the thread you are posting in? Thanks.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
your map is a risk based map
images

^^THAT IS THE REAL GAME

What you should do is ask Vengeancekael or Orcnet to review your map instead of making a thread about it here. This isn't the right place for such requests.

Take it to Staff Contact if you want because that would allow all map mods and other mods to comment as well, making communication easier.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.