• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Minigame] Flappy Bird DC?

decent enough?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33
Hey, there.. How's going? :)

Here I need you to vote up and choose, is that Flappy Bird is decent enough for DC?

This is not motivated of my narcissistism but I really want a DC from the first place. Please, don't troll because voter's name will be shown. If you vote, please give a valid argument why you vote for?

Best Regards, Dalvengyr

Level 28
You really made one interesting and unique map but I'm voting for a no. Every DC awarded map (and possible DC map IMO) that I played left something in me that really made me love the map. Unfortunately I don't feel that in your map even though it looks pretty good when I played it. Unfair as it sounds, that is really how I judge a map if I want it to be in my book of favorite maps.

Maybe someday, if you keep working on it, I might see your map as unique as I saw some of the DC maps I played and the maps I really loved.

Your case is kinda like the map Paranoia, good enough to get a 5/5 moderator rating but not good enough to be consider on the talk of DC rating. The difference is that you keeps on updating your map.

No offense to anyone but I'll be shock to see this or any other map get a DC rating while EotA still isn't getting considered on the conversation of DC maps.

Level 9
You don't really need DC for good map, especially this one. There are maps out there that don't need a DC but still good (Rise of Winterchill, EotA, Tomb of Jaracon,...) Just try your best. But if you want to be in DC, you have to work harder. Like Sunken City, for 2 years of continious uptading and developing, it suceed.
Let it be a lesson for you man, you don't wait for luck. You work hard and you will got it. Keep working.

Last edited:
Level 30
No as well since SonofJay really did make a strong point that DC is something that you enjoy till the end. The map as well is a copy of the original Flappy Bird game. I do not aim to insult in any way but you would have to do a whole new concept combined with a great amount of effort. For me, you're good to go for the effort because I can see how hard and much you worked for this but the whole new concept, no, sadly. I know some of the DC rated maps here are of the same type but as what and SonOfJay said, these maps left a strong impact to most players which I think your map did not but is enjoyable but, again due to the repetitive turns it will get boring at some points.

But to sum everything, each people has different views of a DC map including moderators so it will be a long and bloody journey to a map being ranked DC. But I wish you luck on reaching DC on one of your maps someday. Your Flappy Bird is highly rated but there is a need of some more unique things in it, also a strong impact to the players and some more of replayability and different things in it.

Kazeon

Level 33
I'm proud but not enough :p
I understand that those DC ed map makers give numerous efforts to their map, while me? not really. :)
I think the issue with the flappy birds map is, that it probably violates some property rights due to its name.
oh my, but the name is Flappy Bird "3D". lil bit different.. :p seriously I didn't mean to violate any rights, I'm just trying to convert it D:

oh my, but the name is Flappy Bird "3D". lil bit different.. :p seriously I didn't mean to violate any rights, I'm just trying to convert it D:
I'm not sure if that is enough. Maybe. Maybe not. A think a mod has to decide on that.
Remember that Flappy birds is a commercial game and registered as a trademark. Though I highly doubt anyone will approach you because of that, it doesn't really hurt to rename it.

Why not something like "Flappy Dragon"? I think everyone will get the reference and there's zero chance for any right to be offended that way.

Level 9
You know I'm Vietnamese right? I can easily sue you. But I will not. Just keep trying and never stop.
P.S: I'm that Flappy Bird's creator's neighbor.

No matter how good you make it, this simply isn't original enough for a DC.
Ah, come on, EVERYTHING that got a directors cut rating in the maps section has been done before. You can not reinvent dat wheel.
But you can make it shiny and sparkling...

I don't think originality should be a criteria for a DC rating. Take Sunken Ruins for example. It doesn't add anything new to the genre, but it's executed so well, that the quality of the rest easily makes up for that.

Talking about director's cut, we should not forget that almighty http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/summon-roflcopter-v0-3-a-185808/?prev=mmr=6 resource... The only spell that ever received a DC rating. ;)

Level 30
Exceeding what Flappy bird did is your first step and I must say you did well but you should still improve the environment on Normal play. There are no skies, grasses and environmental doodads just plain sky, tiles and pipes.

Now, it would also be great that if you are to let players to choose different kinds of stages like caves, castle and etc. Each with their different killing objects. In the Norma stage it's a pipe, yes? For example, in the castle,make it in the Mario game those flame objects tha spins but make them immobile and do not move, they also point to one direction as well.

Kazeon

Level 33
, it would also be great that if you are to let players to choose different kinds of stages like caves, castle and etc
the current stage is in the cave, awkward cave. lol
you see stone ceiling right? :p

I have tried it once, let player set the environment to day, afternoon, and night. but I fail hard because the tile can't replaced correctly :/

A new name? What about "Fappy Derp"?
Excellent idea!

EDIT: forget about name change, I believe the original creator is easy going man.. he wont sue me about this..

EDIT 2: wait, one yes :eek:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.