• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Anti-Multi Cheats Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Recently I found a website which ripped off maps and add cheats in it ,
also they have some kind of knowledge on JASS.

Here is an example of how they add cheat in maps:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39456&highlight=wc3edit.net

and they have few types of multi-cheats pack ,
once the pack add in the map
the cheats can be activate with some command like ,
-cheated by wc3edit.net
-cheats

something like that.

is there any way to prevent those cheaters using the cheats?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
You can not stop that, its like I can make a code generator for swat aftermath in under 1 day. As long as WC3 can read the trigger script, so can they read it and edit it. Most of these hacks they do do not even need the map to be deprotected and in fact only take a few minutes. The best way I know to make their life hell though is using vexorians optimizer and wigitizer.

Level 4
You are right ,and I know there is a risk when we do any thing.
But is that mean we can do nothing about it?
What if I use trigger to detect their cheats-command?
They can still change my trigger in Jass way ,isn' it?
Thank you so much for answer my question.

Level 9
Recently I found a website which ripped off maps and add cheats in it ,
also they have some kind of knowledge on JASS.

Here is an example of how they add cheat in maps:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39456&highlight=wc3edit.net

and they have few types of multi-cheats pack ,
once the pack add in the map
the cheats can be activate with some command like ,
-cheated by wc3edit.net
-cheats

something like that.

is there any way to prevent those cheaters using the cheats?

my post is not exactly of cheating I just waned to continue playing not be defeated and start the map again and that map I acsedently found in google
so I asked my sef well if some one did it to just have fun againt's pc why shud I do not make the same...
:razz:

Level 4
If you really dislike people cheating on your map, look up all the cheats and then put in a trigger for each code

• Cheat Prevention
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing some cheat as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Defeat Player 1 (Red) with the message: Defeat!
Something like that should sort those morons out. It won't work against keysersoze x and leafittome x though, where x is the number after the two cheats

Level 4
If you really dislike people cheating on your map, look up all the cheats and then put in a trigger for each code

• Cheat Prevention
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing some cheat as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
Something like that should sort those morons out
I hope that would be useful if those deprotector can't edit my triggers ,
so can I check all the cheats code in one trigger like this?

• Cheat Prevention
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing default string as An exact match
    • Conditions
      • Entered chat string equal to some cheat codes
    • Actions

Level 9
well I gess sinc thay are using jass thay will not iven look at we
but who knows....

See what I got out of there
Xantan, what you say is quite good, i remember, my friend was playing tft on my laptop and he joined a hero war liton but to his surprise, not only was the map hacked, it was hacked by a pro, when he typed -cheated by wc3edit.net It not only disconnected him but bugged the game in a cinematic that the only way to end was through task manager. Im not sure who did this, you guys have any clue on how to do such a thing?

so some one's after them allready
Edit : btv if thay change the codes?
Edit2: WTF YOU NEED TO MAKE 12 DIFERENT TRIGGERS
+ 12 MORE FOR THE OTHER CHEAT

Last edited:
Level 6
or, if its a cheat that changes a value, you could have a trigger that registers the value (gold for example), then a second later checks the same value, and if it increased by more than a certain amount, they get kicked.

Level 9
or, if its a cheat that changes a value, you could have a trigger that registers the value (gold for example), then a second later checks the same value, and if it increased by more than a certain amount, they get kicked.
nice I will try it on my maps someone myst make a tourtorial about that
and give it to more people
:infl_thumbs_up:

Level 4
I wonder I search so many threads in Hivework shop and WC3campigns ,
those threads that talking about anti-cheat are just anti-single player cheats.

And no threads talking about those multi-cheaters ,
I think this situation need more concern in map-maker societies.

Because there is a risk of someone adding cheats in your map ,
That's why our map need to secure from those cheaters to reduce the chance we take that risk.

Map was deprotected for learning and developing ,not ruining the fun and creativity of the game.

Level 9
I wonder I search so many threads in Hivework shop and WC3campigns ,
those threads that talking about anti-cheat are just anti-single player cheats.

And no threads talking about those multi-cheaters ,
I think this situation need more concern in map-maker societies.

Because there is a risk of someone adding cheats in your map ,
That's why our map need to secure from those cheaters to reduce the chance we take that risk.

Map was deprotected for learning and developing ,not ruining the fun and creativity of the game.
evry map can be riped that's the firest think that was tipen wen you register to that forum so yes it needs to be more protected but ... how?
thare are 782736173 ways of deprotecting a map some one or some group myst make that noymber X 2 protections of your map and that will just bue us a time nothink more

Level 4
simply put, if the map can be played on the game, it can be opened and edited.
Yes ,that's the risk.
But why can't we do something about it when there is a way to reduce the chance we take the risk?

At least we need more discussion about it to let more map-makers know what happened ,
though we can't perfectly prevent those map-deprotectors add cheats in the maps.

Level 6
There is no way to prevent it, you can only slow their progress. All Maps with save/load will sooner or later be hacked, because the want to play sp... Thinking about that, why dont they just remove sp protection, and cut those cheats out :/

Maybe it is just an excuse to do it ....

Level 4
There is no way to prevent it, you can only slow their progress. All Maps with save/load will sooner or later be hacked, because the want to play sp... Thinking about that, why dont they just remove sp protection, and cut those cheats out :/

Maybe it is just an excuse to do it ....
They've tried actually ,but world is never enough. lol

Level 40
Don't detect their cheats and boot them for it, unless the cheats are very unusual things, otherwise you'll be booting people that aren't trying to cheat left,right,and center >_>

Anyways, if your map gets cracked into and filled with cheats, just be proud that your map at least got played enough that someone wanted it to be ripped ;)

That's the solution me and many other people take on this issue.

And really, if you have enough of a fanbase that someone bothers to rip the map, it'll be easy to get it out to those fans (if you have a forum or whatever) that xxx version is a fake, fairly fast.

Level 9
simply put, if the map can be played on the game, it can be opened and edited.
what I waned to say is thet if we try to anticheat the maps
thay still will be a maps whit cheats
allso we must deprotect the maps to anticheat them ...
so what's the point thare still will be a maps whi cheats
what can we do?
ask blizard to do something about it?

Level 20
It can be edited, but some clever protections can crash the map or cause syntax errors, even when everything LOOKS fine.

There are some advanced protection methods that are best kept secret (I know only of one). Even if they do know jass (a VERY small part of their population) most of them aren't good at it, and most of them can't decrypt advanced protection. I added an advanced protection to the latest version of my RPG. They still hacked it, but the hacker told me he had no idea how I protected it lol.

Instead of using stupid chat command checkers (which can be easily bypassed...), it's better to brainstorm individually on more advanced types of protection (individually, so that the protection methods don't get out public).

Level 9
HINDYhat
that's a good idea but I don't think it Will help for some people like me...
if you can pm me of some good metod
And I allso Know about 1 but it's too hard to do it and the map still can be hacked and cheated and deprotected
using the mpq programs + jass
and still if the editor can think of it he can brake your protection manny other ways and iven open the map whit WE

Level 25
Here are the two things you should use to prevent hacks as much as you can, besides adding your own triggers to counter the cheaters:
http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=79326 {vexorians map optimizer}

http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=95416 {Anti-Map Hack}

The first one protects the map, and cannot be openned in the world editor, however some wiz's have figured out a trick to unlock them. Very few know how to do this.

The second one is a code you need to put into your map. Once properly added into your map, it will make players incapable of using a map-hack program. However this too can be avoided by some players. But I believe it does work.
~Craka_J

Level 11

• Cheat Prevention
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
Something like that should sort those morons out. It won't work against keysersoze x and leafittome x though, where x is the number after the two cheats

There is actually a way around that heh, same way you can cheat in FF Epic ORPG.

Type in StrengthAndHonor, this code Disables all defeat conditions, including triggers.

Personally the way I would use an anti-cheat trigger is putting the cheating player into a permanent cinematic mode, forcing them to Alt+F4 out of the game, and ruining their cheating.

Level 4
It can be edited, but some clever protections can crash the map or cause syntax errors, even when everything LOOKS fine.

There are some advanced protection methods that are best kept secret (I know only of one). Even if they do know jass (a VERY small part of their population) most of them aren't good at it, and most of them can't decrypt advanced protection. I added an advanced protection to the latest version of my RPG. They still hacked it, but the hacker told me he had no idea how I protected it lol.

Instead of using stupid chat command checkers (which can be easily bypassed...), it's better to brainstorm individually on more advanced types of protection (individually, so that the protection methods don't get out public).
Its seem you know more than me.
Sadly I don't know any Jass and the knowledge about advanced protection ,
I can only protect my map with those protecting programs.

But it looks like it can't help much too ,
recently I have found out one of my map have been hacked ,
I have used the programs like WC3 Optimizer ,
and they just took like few mins to hacked my map.

Level 4
If you only use the map optimizer, it's surprisingly simple to retrieve information from the protected map.

@ Sgt.Johnson : Or force the ESCAPE key each 0.0 seconds with a custom timer function LOL.
If I am not use the string check ,is it possible to reduce the chance they cheat my map?

Like detect the amount of a value ,defeat the player if the amount over a limit.
But this one seem not so effective on anti-cheats...

Are there any way to protect my map instead of just using map optimizers?

Level 9
There is actually a way around that heh, same way you can cheat in FF Epic ORPG.

Type in StrengthAndHonor, this code Disables all defeat conditions, including triggers.

Personally the way I would use an anti-cheat trigger is putting the cheating player into a permanent cinematic mode, forcing them to Alt+F4 out of the game, and ruining their cheating.
well that's a good idea but can you tell me how to do it?

well that's a good idea but can you tell me how to do it?

Don't bother, it won't work. Unless you block ALL chatting.

If you only block cheating commands, they will find it out when they test the game. All they have to do is quickly change the commands to something else and they're done and your map hacked.

The only good way to prevent hacking is by developing a new system and making everything work through it. Large use of variables and periodic checking of values should do the job fairly well...
Of course the new system could also be hacked, but if it is large and complicated enough, the hacker might give up before finding out how it works and what all variables do...

Unfortunately you can't do this if you're not good in triggering.

Level 4
HINDYHat ,would you mind PM me if you know any way I can get advanced protection?But that is fine if you not want to tell.

To above:
Is that really effective if we check on values ,
actually one of my problem is I don't know how much those map-cheaters got ,
if we know how skill they are ,we still have chance to develop such system like this.

Level 20
Even if you check the amount of a value over time, hackers can simply disable that trigger during the cheating process... It's just that easy.

If you aren't experienced, stick with the map optimizer and be glad that people are hacking your map. That just means it's popular. :D
EDIT: Sorry, most advanced processes are best kept secret.

Level 6
still, Id just run a check on the resources every few seconds, and if x value is above 1000 more than it was in the last check, crash them or use the lock player function.

Level 9
Even if you check the amount of a value over time, hackers can simply disable that trigger during the cheating process... It's just that easy.

If you aren't experienced, stick with the map optimizer and be glad that people are hacking your map. That just means it's popular. :D
EDIT: Sorry, most advanced processes are best kept secret.
I was serching for a map protectet enough and I come up whit Idea 1 day
On that map there's a drop bug I waned to fix it but I failed
tha map was protected and iven if I extracted the files I coudn't get anny responce of it
Now that's the site go there and see for your self and I think that thay just made a new protector sistem or thay just addet some scrupt
http://zibada.xgm.ru/tcx/
well I bet no one can open it exept for the creators
so the only think I can say is OMG mapOPTIMIZER IS A FLY BEFORE THAT
and allso I know that if that protecting sustem got to the wrong hand it will not be a prottect sustem annymore
so I kind'a understand you :witch_doc_sad:

Level 40
I just opened the script in about 5 seconds work. I also have full power to edit it to my whims, and insert it back into the map... (haven't tested inserting it back in and running it, but it looks sufficiently like any other map that by inserting the script and doing a few tricks, it should work fine)

In fact, it appears to be on the lower end of protection.

Level 9
I just opened the script in about 5 seconds work. I also have full power to edit it to my whims, and insert it back into the map... (haven't tested inserting it back in and running it, but it looks sufficiently like any other map that by inserting the script and doing a few tricks, it should work fine)

In fact, it appears to be on the lower end of protection.
lol you meen the war3ap.j ? or you extracted the map?
and omg that's the best protection I ever found but still ....
yes thare's no map that can't be cracked

Level 6
I opened it in the editor after a bit of tinkering. They just corrupted some we files that can be replaced.

Level 6
I know, but these guys are talking about people just inserting the code script directly into the map file, which you wouldnt need we for, so most likely they wouldnt bother to open the map.

Level 15
ta ha ha ha ha
I made a lot of the stuff that the w3map hackers use
i know how to stop my own code people
i made it to test my own protection and it fell into the worng hands and was repacked and poasten under diffrent names
(and yes i'm not porud of it and it was like 5 years ago)

if mappers want a nearly unbreakable map
they can pm me

but still any thing can be broken

Yeah but if you mess up the trigger names and make a hell lot of triggers and complicated systems it *might* be good enough for the hacker to give up...
Of course the new system could also be hacked, but if it is large and complicated enough, the hacker might give up before finding out how it works and what all variables do...
But if the hacker is determined enough, he will get the cheat pack in the map no matter what.

Level 40
[Yeah but if you mess up the trigger names and make a hell lot of triggers and complicated systems it *might* be good enough for the hacker to give up...
I'd personally prefer an efficient map to an unhackable one. As for the triggers, use Vexorian's Map Optimizer and it does it for you ;)

But if the hacker is determined enough, he will get the cheat pack in the map no matter what.
Unless you have the anti-cheat scripts, it's easy to just ignore the rest of the script and inplant functions in the right places.

Level 20
After you optimize the map, the names of the triggers are changed to things like aO, kA, La, Ud etc... for all of the possibilities. Same is done for function names/globals/locals. If you gave the trigger a complicated name, the optimizer would just cut that out.

Do you think the hacker goes through the WHOLE script?? It can easily be more than 10000 lines. JassCraft has a nifty feature called "Find"... They just search for special function names that are called, say, to defeat a player. Then they just remove that line and save the script, then re-import it in the map.

You have to understand how they do it, before trying to think of ways to stop them.

Level 40
The great thing is that most newbs who just learn to implant "JASS" cheats (have you seen them? It's almost always converted GUI) have never heard of EndGame ;)

Also, Hindy, your point only sometimes holds true. Once they have to look for ExecuteFunc("asfsdafasdfs") and Player(-1) (better kicking ways...), things start to get a little harder.

Level 20
There are ways to crash the game, certain functions that need to be called. Most of the veteran 'hackers' will search for these, after they notice the effects that they're cheat pack has created.

One question though, does removing a location or any other handle, that is not initialized, crash the game? Like:
JASS:
local location loc
call RemoveLocation(loc)

Because that would be a good way to crash the game and would take a LONG time to find (unless you don't use the Find function, but you just do it manually, which can be sort of longer).

Status
Not open for further replies.