• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Protect warcraft map against AutoCP2 JJCP cheats pack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi,
So far as you know, AutoCP2, last release is CP3, is going to turn most of warcraft 3 maps into dump. AutoCP2 equiped with various cheats packs JJ2197 (http://www.mediafire.com/?t3axqk3wzk59ahr), Xantan, Wierdone, Aero, Shamanno, and Fai's can add cheats and pack of cheats into the map. I wonder if there is any way around to protect our maps. I've spent whole night searching on many warcraft webpages and forums for my understanding of those cheats pack made up in some softwares like AutoCP2 as to figure out the anti cheats and protection from maphacks somewhere. Ironically, very many of those are about instruction to hack the map and insert the cheats, very few are helpful.

Ever thought of the bad effect caused by cheats pack insertion?, Distortion about your map, negative image of your game and frustration of the players are my concerns. The cheats are making the game disturbed, crappy and provoking. This makes me very annoyed.

I need your help to prevent the maps from being hacked and infected. Could you please support me and stand on my side ? I am very looking to the anti-cheat packs that work against those annoying cheats pack. Could somebody help? Could someone please make some software, tools or programs to solve the problem ?

Thank you.

Use Vexorian's Optimizer. It can make it harder to inject cheatpacks into a map. I heard some people were having problems with injecting protected maps with cheatpacks.

Anyways, it shouldn't be a problem. If a player injects a cheatpack X into a certain, the only other players that can play with him without downloading the map are players with a hacked map with cheatpack X. Hacked maps should be easy to detect and report.

Level 7
The best protection from cheat packs or maps that are broken into often is frequent updates. Long as you make it aware that the new version is the new version it's not that much of a problem. Though this often requires a few host bots.

Level 6
The best protection from cheat packs or maps that are broken into often is frequent updates. Long as you make it aware that the new version is the new version it's not that much of a problem. Though this often requires a few host bots.

Actually the best protection from cheatpacks is registering the same cheat commands as them and then doing some nastiness like kicking out the cheater with a message: "Unknown BNET Connection Problem" :ogre_hurrhurr:

Level 7
Actually that makes no sense cause often the cheatpacks can be anything text wise. Just fighting with them in-game about it using the same cheats seems silly and doesn't do much for the map really.

There are other ways to prevent cheats though like not even using gold/lumber and instead using just some variables for prices but it's more of a hassle and annoying than real protection in my opinion.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Actually the best protection from cheatpacks is registering the same cheat commands as them and then doing some nastiness like kicking out the cheater with a message: "Unknown BNET Connection Problem
So you are willing to kick innocent fair players playing a ligit version but occasionally mentioning a possible cheat on the likly hood that someone will rarely add cheats to it? This concept is totally flawed and is not a quality of a good map. It is as bad as kicking people just because they say whosyourdaddy despite that not even detecting when the cheat works.

The best protection is to make a good map. Players will not want to cheat if your map is well made and those who do will cause no damage. Additionaly you could develop for the SC2 platform where such cheating is made more difficult by published maps being serilized (you can tell if a source is the legit version of the map).

Status
Not open for further replies.