• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How to put anti cheat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Hi guys i am wondering if where can i learn how to put anti cheat and i have heard of jj cheat pack and it really annoys me because other players are cheaters can i put a anti cheating or something in my map?

Level 19
Hi guys i am wondering if where can i learn how to put anti cheat and i have heard of jj cheat pack and it really annoys me because other players are cheaters can i put a anti cheating or something in my map?

dont waste your time. :) just dont.

i prefer to hand create all of my exp systems, items, etc. so if an item isnt registered into one of those systems i just instantly kick them. but im much more advanced so, whatever works for what your using

Level 13
dont waste your time. :) just dont.

i prefer to hand create all of my exp systems, items, etc. so if an item isnt registered into one of those systems i just instantly kick them. but im much more advanced so, whatever works for what your using

Just how can i do it?

Level 19
map hack
level hack
stats hack
all hacks

to detect map hack, check if the player clicks something they cant see
for the level hack, trigger all exp gain and check on level if it wasnt from the sytem
for stats hack, trigger all custom stats and if theres a stat change not from system than kic

Level 13
to detect map hack, check if the player clicks something they cant see
for the level hack, trigger all exp gain and check on level if it wasnt from the sytem
for stats hack, trigger all custom stats and if theres a stat change not from system than kic

Okay that's too hardcore for me to understand......

Level 7
Okay that's too hardcore for me to understand......

Just a short example:
Your hero has 5 strength, 5 agility and 5 intelligence with level 1.
Now he is level 5 and those stats are increasing by 1 each level.
So now anything is 9.

Create a new trigger, running it every 30 seconds (or whatever) and check if all stats together are equal 27.
Or check if strength is equal 9, agility is equal 9, etc.
If not, kick player.

If you want to detect almost every cheat, it takes a long time, very good map making skills and the luck that no one with "bad skills" wants to play your map.
Because you can do something against almost everything, but cheats are updated.. And anything you do against them will force them to think about new ways.

Good luck :p

Level 13
Just a short example:
Your hero has 5 strength, 5 agility and 5 intelligence with level 1.
Now he is level 5 and those stats are increasing by 1 each level.
So now anything is 9.

Create a new trigger, running it every 30 seconds (or whatever) and check if all stats together are equal 27.
Or check if strength is equal 9, agility is equal 9, etc.
If not, kick player.

If you want to detect almost every cheat, it takes a long time, very good map making skills and the luck that no one with "bad skills" wants to play your map.
Because you can do something against almost everything, but cheats are updated.. And anything you do against them will force them to think about new ways.

I will try thanks!

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Do not bother. If people want to cheat, let them as it is harmless. If the game is multiplayer and uses some kind of persistance then consider making sinleplayer persistance via gamecache (supported) and keeping the multiplayer (where you cannot cheat) via the normal means.

Level 13
Do not bother. If people want to cheat, let them as it is harmless. If the game is multiplayer and uses some kind of persistance then consider making sinleplayer persistance via gamecache (supported) and keeping the multiplayer (where you cannot cheat) via the normal means.

ow okay then

Level 7

I like what you said here...
targeting on only the commands of a cheatpack is not much of use, because those who want to cheat them usually would make custom cheats.
only prevent a few like instant kill, gold wood food and stats should be enough.
but there are anticheats which are difficult to break.
anticheats doesn't require you to restrict so much, it just kick a person when they want to edit your scripts.

these 3 I find them tough...
http://www.epicwar.com/maps/132092/
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/warlock-099c-92687/
http://deathwing-rpg.ucoz.net/load/deathwing_orpg_v1_36/1-1-0-28

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
anticheats doesn't require you to restrict so much, it just kick a person when they want to edit your scripts.
This makes no sense... You edit the script outside the game so how can you be kicked for wanting to edit it?

Game kicking you after you edited the script? Someone forgot to remove all calls to that endgame function... You logically cannot be kicked if there is no code to kick you.

Status
Not open for further replies.