• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Anti-cheat / Kick a player from the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
I am working on an AoS and I would like to have an anti-cheat system in it. The way I was thinking about doing it is creating triggers to detect if a player inputs a known cheat command into the chat message and then boot the triggering player.

My questions are:
1. Is it possible to boot a player from the game?
2. Is there a more efficient/easier/different way to stop players from using cheats?

Any help would be appreciated.

Level 12
This action boots player from the game:
  • Game - Defeat (Some Player) with the message: You have been kicked
[self="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/anti-cheat-system-1-05c-103665/]This[/self] system looks great and works, it detects cheats and removes them, but i'm not sure if its works with all the cheats.
Hope this helps...

Level 8
First of all: it sounds like you are making a multiplayer map (since it's AoS).
if this is the case, cheat codes don't work in LAN or on bnet.

If you don't want someone to play your map in single player and use cheats, I would recommend writing a trigger that checks for a cheat to be typed and then calls a custom script that crashes the game (have it reference a variable in an array that hasn't been set). EDIT: actually, you can't detect cheats this way... see following post.

Otherwise, check out this link (Stanley meant to post it, but his doesn't work)

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
My advice is to stop and think about his map for a bit. Kicking people for saying whosyourdaddy in multiplayer is stupid and no one cares if he uses it in singleplayer.

Also as a reminder, cheats are undetectable but the effects of them are. Whereas you can not detect when someone types whosyourdaddy you can detect the result (units are unkillable and deal 1000 times more damage).

Level 8
Agreed. There is really no reason to do cheat detection unless you have a map that uses save codes so you can continue playing with a character from one instance of the map to another... These are generally RPGs (ie. the Black Road). That particular map handles cheat detection by not allowing you to play the map with fewer than 2 players.

Vunjo

Hosted Project: SC
Level 14
@All
Again, this is HIS right to do so
Look at Aeroblyctos' The Chosen Ones Campaign Map, he disabled all cheats such as whosyourdaddy, iseedeadpeople and thereisnospoon
Do anyone try to PM/VM him to remove that anti-cheat system, no ?
Come on, it's his right to do so
If you don't want to play his map, you can leave
If you want, take the challenge and be a man

Well, what I learned from my map, never be like "don't cheat it's not nice", meaning that there is a way to cheat if you get me. And what happened then, one player, now the part of a team, used the "bug" to get some free stat bonus. It was not a real bug, but he just used flying mount, got there, and done everything he needed to get it. It's meant only for first time to get bonus stats, when you pick a hero. And he used it, to make himself a hero and save....

Level 33
No offense lol Aero, just example
Sorry though had to used you as example for them to understand
It's just we spend so many times on that map, then they can suddenly cheat the way out of it, where is the hard work ?
it's not worth it

Vunjo

Hosted Project: SC
Level 14
Actually there is a difficulty made for players who want to cheat. In that difficulty however you can't use "give up" command and the campaign is otherwise also very easy. That difficulty is made for players who don't have the patience to play the game, but want just to play it for the story.

Hehe I personally played campaing a month ago, just to see the story. But I didn't use cheats to win, just whosyourdaddy and iseedeadpeople xDD cause I allready won it without cheats many years ago, but I forgot teh story :D

Level 37
No offense lol Aero, just example
Sorry though had to used you as example for them to understand
It's just we spend so many times on that map, then they can suddenly cheat the way out of it, where is the hard work ?
it's not worth it

I agree that it destroys, but some players just don't have enough patience to play the campaign without cheats so I allowed that. But they can't use "give up" or load resources for the end of the campaign to the next game.

I try to make the campaign for every type of players. For the ones who want challenge, but also for the ones who always take the easiest road.

Hehe I personally played campaing a month ago, just to see the story. But I didn't use cheats to win, just whosyourdaddy and iseedeadpeople xDD cause I allready won it without cheats many years ago, but I forgot teh story :D

And that's one example...

By the way, it's kinda weird to speak with two dancing karate masters.

Status
Not open for further replies.