• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Detecting Cheats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vunjo

Hosted Project: SC
Level 14
hmm, the link is nice, and it sure works =)
But will iseedeadpeople detector cause lagg?

EDIT: GO GO DEFSKULL! BEAT IT ^^
EDIT2: Nah, there's no need to beat it, since players will have too much mana later anywayz :D

Vunjo

Level 14
Kitabatake also did a map to detect cheats, but I didn't find it. I also use that type of anti-cheat systems in The Chosen Ones.

Would you mind opening your map, importing those few triggers, and copy them to a test map, and share it, so I can get it?
P.S. The Chosen Ones is FUCKIN AWESOME CAMPAIGN! =P
and, your cinematics are well too, will give ya rep just for that xD

Level 17
For singleplayer strings like "whosyourdaddy" and whatnot, just put in if a player types this string to remove them from the game.

I could be wrong though, but it's fun to test.

Attachments

• trigger.png
    trigger.png
    5.8 KB · Views: 101
Kitabatake also did a map to detect cheats, but I didn't find it.
The system was apparently marked as deleted so it didn't show up on searches.
All I had to do was press the update button and it seems to work again.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/anti-cheat-system-1-05b-103665/

I also use that type of anti-cheat systems in The Chosen Ones.
"that type of systems" ?
It's the exact same system only with minor adjustments.

Vunjo

Level 14
For singleplayer strings like "whosyourdaddy" and whatnot, just put in if a player types this string to remove them from the game.

I could be wrong though, but it's fun to test.

I am not a n00b triggerer, at least, not epic one :D
I tried that way, but you cannot do anything whit that trigger *That event* if there is a cheat in text. I tried following:
Kill unit
Remove from game
Defeat a player
Victory a player =)
Move to unknown location

and much more :D

Level 33
If any text respond to "Cheat Enabled!" or "Cheat Disabled" command at the text message, that string will not be the actual written in Event
Likewise, you cannot just type in the Event, the player types whosyourdaddy as it will interprets differently

Vunjo

Level 14
Correct Defskull! You did it again =P

Thank you all for the link. It is fuckin awesome and I hope it will work in my map too =D

EDIT: I failed =P
Can you kitabatake help me add it in map? If you can, would you mind if I send you map "Personally" cause it got like, 800 triggers :D

Last edited:
EDIT: I failed =P
Can you kitabatake help me add it in map? If you can, would you mind if I send you map "Personally" cause it got like, 800 triggers :D

Implementing the system doesn't require any mapping knowledge beyond the very basics.
Just follow the instructions that are included in the anti-cheat system's triggers, they're simple and straightforward.
If something goes wrong, however, just go through the troubleshooting notes.

I'll copypaste them here:

How to put in your map:

1) Copy both Anti-cheat regions to your map
2) Copy the Anti-cheat_1, Anti-cheat_2 and Anti-cheat_3 units from the object editor to your map
3) Copy this Anti-Cheat trigger folder to your map
4) Make sure the Settings and initialization trigger has it's settings correctly in your map
5) Do not mess with the other triggers

Make sure that the Anti-cheat regions are somewhere hidden. For example in the corner of the map with some doodads around them to keep them hidden.
But remember that there must be space for the anti-cheat units. The system might not work if you set the region in deep water or too thick forest.
You could use some bushes and canopy trees to hide the region while still having enough space there.

Oh and the two AntiCheat Regions must be in SEPARATE places. I recommend placing one in another corner of the map and the other in another corner.
Remember that the player must not be able to see AntiCheat Region 2!

Also make sure that the Variables are like as follows in the Initialization settings trigger:

Set Anticheat_Unit_Type[1] = Anti-cheat_1 (Unit)
Set Anticheat_Unit_Type[2] = Anti-cheat_2 (Builder)
Set Anticheat_Unit_Type[3] = Anti-cheat_3 (Building)

If you have no custom units in your map, the variables should be like that.
But if you do have custom units, the variables might be set wrong and you must correct them.

Oh and DON'T modify any of the units or triggers unless you know what you're doing.

And I would appreciate if you gave credits when using this system.

Thank you.

- Kitabatake

TROUBLESHOOTING
The Anti-Cheat System by Kitabatake

1) Does the system work?
Yes -> go to [15] No -> go to [2]

2) Did you mess with the system?
Yes -> go to [12] No -> go to [3]

3) Did you follow the Instructions?
Yes -> go to [4] No -> go to [12]

4) Do you have "Automatically create unknown variables while pasting trigger data" option on?
Yes -> go to [5] No -> go to [13] What? -> go to [13]

5) Did you copy ALL 3 units from the object editor to your map?
Yes -> go to [6] No -> go to [12]

6) Did you copy both red AntiCheat regions to your map?
Yes -> go to [7] No -> go to [12

7) Do you use Player 12 in your map?
Yes -> go to [8] No -> go to [12]

8) Did you fix the variables in the Initialization settings trigger?
Yes -> go to [9] No -> go to [12]

9) Are you having problems during cinematics?
Yes -> go to [10] No -> go to [11]

10) Make sure you set the boolean "Cinematic_Mode" to TRUE before a cinematic and FALSE after a cinematic
Then test the map and go to [1]

11) Is this the first time you got this far troubleshooting this system?
Yes -> go to [12] No -> go to [14]

12) Start over and follow the INSTRUCTIONS

13) Go to File -> Preferences and turn on "Automatically create unknown variables while pasting trigger data"
Then go to [12]

14) Contact me and explain the situation. OR go to [12].

15) No Problem!

Remember that you must copy the 3 units from object editor to your map

Also remember that you must copy the red regions from the lower right and lower left corner of the map to your map
If you can't see the regions, delete the trees above them.

THEN you can copy this trigger folder to your map

Don't forget to check the Initialization settings. The variables must refer to correct units
Also remember that the variables themselves must be pasted to the map. They will be copied automatically with the triggers if you have
"Automatically create unknown variables while pasting trigger data" option turned on. If not, turn the option on or copy the variables manually.

And don't forget that Player 12 must not receive income. I recommend not using Player 12 in your game at all.

Also don't forget to set Cinematic_Mode = True before a cinematic
Also don't forget to set Cinematic_Mode = False after a cinematic

Vunjo

Level 14
yeah, and I should follow dot 12) xD It's the best way
about the units, I must place them somewhere or what? And If I have to place them, where to place and for what player facing what degrees and how many of them =DD?
Or, should I just make unit type to a variable?

EDIT: Also, every time I try to test the map, it opens me warcraft 3, instead of the test map if you get it. Then I find it on single player/test map, and after it loads it crashes or won't work, depending what did I do xD. Any ideas?

Level 31
Ah yes, and the Anti Cheat Pack I'm working on that was linked is made for multiplayer and single player. Any cheat blocked for single player will also block multiplayer cheats having to do with it.

Anyways, I'm not sure I'm going to personally finish it as the overhead for anti cheat is just insane and if an experienced user really feels like disabling it, they can spend 48-92 hours doing so ; |.

Good luck with your map Vunjo =).

Status
Not open for further replies.