• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ancient of the Depths (Coral ancient)

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
hdcontestnaga-png.421554

This is my entry for the 4th iteration of the HD modeling contest. It's, as you can see, a fully animated Ancient of the Depths. Based, loosely, on WoW's coral ancients, I ended up making something slightly more personal.
My thoughts were: If the Ancient of War is a panther, the Ancient of the Wind an owl(?) and the Ancient of Wonders a turtle, what animal is left for an ancient? Obviously, the fish and the crab. A crab face was hard to come by, a fish head I already found one months ago. Thus, I mixed and matched those geosets, added some coral stuff, and retextured the whole thing.
And then, the fun part began: reanimating everything. Because I hate myself apparently. Made a couple of Stand variations and edited every animation so he moves, uses and attacks with his claws. (No, @Ardenaso , buildings do not need Spell Slam anims :ogre_hurrhurr:)
And, if that wasn't enough, this unit is also amphibian. Yes, you can swim with an ancient now.

It can be used as a NElf model (NE version), a Naga model (Naga version) or simply a creep. The only difference between the versions is that one is summoned with the Naga birth and the other is summoned with the NElf birth, basically.

Ups, I forgot to upload the alternative birth model.
Previews
Contents

Ancient of the Depths icon (Icon)

Ancient of the Depths portrait (Model)

Ancient of the Depths _ Naga Birth (Model)

Ancient of the Depths _ NE birth (Model)

Reviews
Ardenaso
Elevating this to HIGH QUALITY My extra suggestions as per my last judging is now for my nomination for DIRECTOR'S CUT: and as well as an extra Attack variations, and an Attack Slam animation for cleave - as well as for Alternates too
Level 1
The terribly cool model !! I would need advice how to learn this modelling do you have any advice please

The terribly cool model !! I would need advice how to learn this modelling do you have any advice please
Sure, for this you only need Retera Model Studio and Photoshop or Gimp (I use Gimp because it's free). I recommend going to Retera's model studio discord first and foremost, although in CSW's discord and in Re-reforged's discord people usually talk about modelling as well

This could also be used in TFT night elf campaign when Vashj tells their history, the background ancient could be turned into this!
Agreed. The Night Elf Ancient building could be the Ancient of the Wind, too -- it looks closest to that.

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 32
Elevating this to HIGH QUALITY

My extra suggestions as per my last judging is now for my nomination for DIRECTOR'S CUT:
Make the rectangular leaves/petals and the corals above the head into team colored.

For extra recommendations: add a submerged animation.
and as well as an extra Attack variations, and an Attack Slam animation for cleave - as well as for Alternates too