• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Miscellanous / Other] Alchemy Tower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rem

Rem

Level 7
any spellcaster with dispel/purge/disenchant/abolish magic/destroy magic could dispel that, I don't think it would be possible to limit it to the town hall

some buffs cannot be dispelled with spells, but can be removed with triggers

Level 12
wait doom can be modified to deal no damage, and its perfect for this because it disables all abilities, and it can only be removed by triggers

Level 6
@Lord Aiden I seen your thread in the w-editor help section, I think may wanna rethink your approach to this, if u cant create a trigger that activates when a unit starts harvesting due to editor limitations just think of another way you could set it up like unit within range or in region or by gold attained, I'm no expert on the editor but i know you could make a dummy aura and then see if a unit is affected by it, just don't give up because one method does not play out

Level 9
@Lord Aiden I seen your thread in the w-editor help section, I think may wanna rethink your approach to this, if u cant create a trigger that activates when a unit starts harvesting due to editor limitations just think of another way you could set it up like unit within range or in region or by gold attained, I'm no expert on the editor but i know you could make a dummy aura and then see if a unit is affected by it, just don't give up because one method does not play out

While it's true that you cannot detect when a unit starts harvesting without a special system, you can check if a unit is harvesting using a simple condition, the event can be a periodic timer;

• (Current order of UNIT <gen>) Equal to (Order(harvest))
Now I don't exactly know how you want to set this up, but if I wanted the unit to go get repaired, and a modified doom being the best ability to use, I would set it up like this:

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Time - Every 3.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • Wait 2.00 game-time seconds
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Current order of Acolyte 0002 <gen>) Equal to (Order(harvest))
        • Then - Actions
            • If - Conditions
            • Then - Actions
                • If - Conditions
                • Then - Actions
                    • If - Conditions
                    • Then - Actions
                        • If - Conditions
                        • Then - Actions
                            • If - Conditions
                            • Then - Actions
                                • If - Conditions
                                • Then - Actions
                                    • If - Conditions
                                    • Then - Actions
                                        • If - Conditions
                                        • Then - Actions
                                            • If - Conditions
                                            • Then - Actions
                                              • Unit - Order Magtheridon 0004 <gen> to Neutral Pit Lord - Doom Acolyte 0002 <gen>
                                              • Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)
                                            • Else - Actions
                                        • Else - Actions
                                    • Else - Actions
                                • Else - Actions
                            • Else - Actions
                        • Else - Actions
                    • Else - Actions
                • Else - Actions
            • Else - Actions
        • Else - Actions

Level 9
There can be other methods, don't believe theyll be any easier.

You could hide the harvest button by placing it in the 0,-11 position and create a trigger that automatically gets the harvester to harvest when its in range and stops it after a certain time harvest, there are also other things you can do, but if you wanna make it seem like the harvester needs repairs the easiest thing to do is cast doom on it with no damage but a good looking buff, and have the town hall or worker unit remove it with a trigger,

If you don't wanna use doom create a fake aura that only effects the unit that has it, add and remove it via trigger when necessary

Level 9
Well for doom, all you need is to modify it and have a unit cast it on the harvester

For the aura you need to have a trigger add it to the unit plus remove the harvesting ability so that it no longer harvests, and then do the reverse when the unit is "fixed"

Doom seems simpler, but the aura has the benefit that it does not need any unit to cast it

Rem

Rem

Level 7
wow u were right, i looked at the map u send over and the mechanic works perfectly =) we just need to test it with an airship now & a different model for the goldmine

Level 9
You might be able to select it in game, but you wont be able to right click it with the harvester unit selected, thats what I meant to say

Level 9
btw I did the whole mine thing with the cloud ability and set the radius of mining rings to 0 and my harvestor got stuck in the middle of the cloud and could not get out

Also you might wanna add another condition to that trigger, being that the unit is within x range of mine otherwise it will fire when the unit is given the order to harvest regardless of where its located

Level 9
my suggestion is radius of rings = 60

and

use region around position of goldmine with size of like 95 width and 95 length

Level 12
I got it working with a flying machine to where it goes to the mine, "harvests" it for 10 seconds gets 200 gold then gets the doom buff cast on it -it looks like it overheated, at this point it gets the order to return back to the town hall, when it does the doom buff gets removed and it gets an order to go back to harvesting

Level 39
Level 12
kinda have it figured out at this point, but a big thank you for suggesting it

here is the sample btw

Attachments

• Q.w3x
    21 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Level 6
I dunno, seems a good enough compromise as it is. Get too complex and it just wastes effort for little gain.

I feel that this can be improved in various ways, maybe better model for the goldmine, better model for the airship, back story, etc.

Rem

Rem

Level 7
its a good system though, feel like it has potential and its refreshingly diffrerent compared to everything else i have seen in tft

Level 9
This imho has to be one of the most unique mining/resource gathering set ups that I've ever encountered
(I would suggest using the anti-magic shield buff as the gold mine unit, and some sort of airship as the model if youre still looking for advice btw)

Level 9
I have worked on a major project that was never finished as well as a few smaller projects, but I've never used this type of set up before, and if you look through my previous postings I have written what I used for various alternatives methods of obtaining gold, and this stands out from everything else

Level 9
No it was a campaign that would've had 18+ maps, not including the cinematic ones, but because the people I was working with on the project quit it was never finished, just look through my earlier posts; I have mentioned the many ways I've had the player get extra gold, Im no novice at this

Level 6
I had assumed that since wc3 & try have been around for over a decade there must be some pretty creative gold obtaining mechanisms in some maps

Status
Not open for further replies.