• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Royalty Defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
SO!

The premise is that your player represents a family in the ruling class (clergy, nobles, military) and you have to defend yourself from a peasant uprising. Its a traditional defense game, where you build walls/towers/units to defend a location. However, with just your original family, you are only allotted very limited resources/technology to defend yourself with.

The peasants will come in waves of increasing difficulty, with break periods in between. In the breaks, several imprisoned families will be placed in the map (neutral passive), guarded by peasant forces. You have to rescue them and bring them under your control in order to get more money for defense and to build more powerful units.

I was thinking that...
Clergy families would provide magic units, healing, support units/buildings, general upgrades to all your units, and a low income boost.
Military families would provide the bulk of your physical forces, with knights/footmen/archers/etc, as well as defensive towers. Would provide a medium income boost.
Noble families would provide mostly financial support, with the greatest income boost of the three classes. Would also be used for building stronger barricades, and possibly some buffing units.

Better units would require more families. For example, a simple arrow tower would only require 1 military family, but a cannon tower might require 3.

A family would be represented by just one person, however they might be rescued with guards or other such units. The more units they are started off with, the tougher the defense will be around them. The hardest defense will be around families with heroes, which will be your only method of getting a hero.

Unfortunately, the map would need to be pretty huge, and with pretty good terrain, both of which I suck at...

BUT! Ideas, suggestions, criticism, questions?

Although I got this idea from the French Revolution, I think just any old made up revolution can work.

Status
Not open for further replies.