• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unamed Custom Defense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I have an idea (which is very appropriate, seeings as this is the idea factory)!

It would be a normal defense with waves, etc.

At the start of the game, you would choose either Towers, a Hero, or Armies. Armies give you a building that can train many different units (tanks, supports) to overcome the waves.

All choices are completely customizable. This isn't new for heroes, buy for towers and armies it is. You would choose your tier 1 unit/tower, which would cost 10 gold or something, and then you would choose a tier 2 tower, or a tier 1 support unit for your army. This would go on until you have a very diverse army/tower system to your liking.

1/3 through the game, you get to choose another type of defense. If you got a hero, you could choose an army or towers, and vice-versa for the rest of the defenses. 2/3 through you choose whatever option you left out.

This way, in the last portion of the game, you are managing towers, a hero, and an army that are completely customized by you, making it a very different experience each time one plays.

Ideas? Criticism? Praise?

Level 12
This, In my mind, Is the Simple Idea that Everyone should keep an Eye on...
Just a system that makes everything Custom. That can be used for anytype of game. Footmen frenzy, Footmen vs Grunts, AoS's, Survival Maps. Anything
-ANd wehn I say everything Custom, I'm talking about specific things like

1) Custom Hero-Custom Abilities with Custom Attribute bonus systems (The only thing that changes is the Model and if the Unit is ranged or not [WHich I've been working on to try and fix])

Items are also a very important issue
-My thought used to be make tomes and Items different, Items would be auras, little changes like changing the Unit into a ranged unit, etc and passive abilities

Personally, I feel as though the Hero is the end all. When it all comes down to it. An army has a cap on upgrades. A Tower has a cap on upgrades as well. A Hero doesn't really have one Until Real late in a game. A hero Should start out very weak and end out very strong. Like a Maxed out Agi Hero with Health that you can't even see anymore cuz theres so much. But while growing. It would be very vulnerable to focus fire and would have to be very well taken care of.

2) Custom Armies- Custom Armies a VERY interesting, but I'm going to bring up a few things that may not be so obvious
a) Collision size-Collision size will attract more units to attack it, Have you ever played Footmen vs grunts and have your enemies curve around the battle line and get close to your archers? If your Melee units were bigger, that would be less likely to happen. THey would also get 3-4 more melee attackers on them at once.... But.... that happens sometimes....
thats all :p

As for customizing armies
-Spells-
Tank Aspects-Collision Size, HP Bonus, HP Regeneration, Armor
Archer Aspects-Attack Range, Splash, number of targets, Base damage, range of possible damage (example: from 15-50 or 25-30), Attack speed
Natural Aspects-Movement Speed

Other aspects
-Flying?, Attacks Flying/Ground Only? (When you make it only target one or the other, it ought to make it a stronger unit), Magic Immune? (I would suggest Immune to both good and Bad buffs and spells just to equal things out. Resistant Skin is possible, but the unit should be more vulnerable to attacks), Spells?

Cost-Cost is a weird part, I'm not sure how to work it, but to enable people to choose a cheaper unit that cannot be upgraded as much and a More expensive one that can be fully upgraded seems appropiate. for Example
a) If your looking for a Medium cost Melee Unit- Your unit would only be able to upgrade in Tank Aspects. Everything Else is Standard
b) If your looking for a cheap unit- The units cannot be upgraded but they are preset to "level 2 upgrades" out of seven. They are decent enough, but in the long run, not very good.
c) If your looking for the Most expensive- These units are completely customizable.

Thats What I'm thinking... Maybe not

3) Towers
Each Tower should only be upgraded 3 times But Be very strong.
Like wise, give the Tower builder the ability to create walls, and have a minishop that heroes can go to when they need to that has a set duration.

Different effects would probably be ideal; Slow, Feedback, etc.

Game Modes
HOnestly.... I'm not a big fan of defenses.... But this type of map can be used for anything, Defenses included. Personally, I'd rather see a Footmen vs Grunts Map Like this. Or a Footmen Frenzy Where People Use their money to make Buildings To Gain Further Control Of the Middle. Units are customizable, but only with 10 wood that can be resetted and reused on different upgrades. And all in all, someway to make sure that combat could turn for anyones favor (Critical Strikes and Evasions as well as of course, Tactics.) Suicide Bombers could be bought and would act as the Anti Walls, You would need to watch for them. Get enough money and you Can buy a sorceress which Turns Units invisible (Namely Suicide Bombers.) THen its a matter of whos get some sort of Magic Sentry or Invisible sight going on.

THis is the way I feel, It may not be 100% correct, but this is it.

Level 7
I don't plan on it being something where your enemy spawns you enemies for your. I'm thinking just one team, surviving. I like your ideas, and I'm already doing it where the hero starts out weak. As for items, I sort of disagree, but whatever. I never include tomes in a game.

I don't really like changing from ranged to melee, because that's something you decide when you pick your hero. Still, you sort of summed up a bit one the choices are going to be. Any ideas for specific abilities/towers/units are welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.