• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Defense Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I just got back to WC3, WE after failing so many times at SC2 GE. I am pleased to see that the WC3 community lingers on :grin:.

Anyway, my current map idea is a "Hero" Defense, in which you obtain a combination of a RTS + Hero Defense Map, in which players must use their hero as well as a race associated with the hero (E.X: Paladin with Humans, Bladedancer with High Elves, etc). Although it is a game where the team should turtle, you must also press the attack in order to obtain Strategic Locations (scattered in places with Defensive units) in order to get your team more Gold/Lumber.

The enemy will attack in Waves with multiple units (honestly what moron would send 1 type of unit at a time? :ogre_hurrhurr:) such as Siege, Flyers, Infantry, Cavalry, and Support units. The spawn system will be set to the number of players, so even 1-3 people can play w/o getting overrun.

Races/Heroes:
Each faction will be oriented towards (but not limited to) Defense, Offense, and Support. Orcs, for example are oriented towards Offense but having units that can buff as well as defend (E.X: Wolf shamans and Tauren Warriors).

The current races are:

Humans: Defensive: Highest Armored value units and structures. Research leans towards higher armor. Multiple units can build Structures at one time.

High Elves: Support: Mana users for people who like to use abilities rather then brute strength. Research leans towards mana and higher abilities. Summons structures so that builders can construct more then one thing at a time.

Orcs: Offense: Highest attacking units, certain units can load into bunkers to defend. Research leans towards damage. Builder is inside structure so that he is invulnerable to damage while building.

Night Elves: Offense/Support: Most Ranged units. Research leans towards longer range. Builders can turn into Structures or into Units (with proper research).

Level 4
Its not gonna be designed in "lanes", I'm kind of fed up with those types of defense maps :p

But yea i could try to add a lake portion with Naga defenders, sounds like a good place for a Strategic location come to think of it :)

Level 5
You could, try, and do the kind of defense map where you start in the centre, with the enemy around all/most of the base. You could perhaps include roads that periodic reinforcement arrive from which, if control of the roads is lost, you get no periodic reinforcements.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

You could, try, and do the kind of defense map where you start in the centre, with the enemy around all/most of the base. You could perhaps include roads that periodic reinforcement arrive from which, if control of the roads is lost, you get no periodic reinforcements.

[Rant] Your title describes your post perfectly[/Rant]

GL with the map!

Status
Not open for further replies.