• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

War of the Races

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
My current project [and one that i am trying my best to complete] is a builder map with unique races.

---=====Basics=====---
In your main base you and your team has to choose one of five (5) races, then immediately get to work building and army to capture Strategic Locations. You gain +150 gold and +50 lumber each time a strategic location you or an ally owns "trains" a resource collection unit. In order to obtain more gold and lumber quickly you will have to capture additional Strategic Locations [which are shown as "Creep Locations".

Each race has its own layout of units, strategies, upgrades and spells. Each race is has its advantages and disadvantages, either with low amor and hp or taking up a lot of food.

A race that focuses on Reconnaissance and the harassment of enemy players with the use of weak units with invisibility. Skorne units are weak and frail, but makes an excellent surprise/recon race.
Defense: Defense structures are used for giving allies an extra edge, by buffing them with abilities. Skorne Defense do not attack, but will become invisible as well as seeing invisible units.

A race with multiple magical support units as well as a few buff defense units. Arai'za has weak units that cost a lot of food, but these units can deal heavy AoE damage against enemy units. Arai'za uses ranged magic damage units, which are effective against heavy units.
Defense: Towers use mana to deal more damage, but their mana regeneration is slow. Build a pylon nearby to increase mana regeneration. Certain towers are used for different purposes [Fire deals more damage while Air allows teleportation].

A sinister race that uses many weak bug creatures to attack the enemy. Si'lor also has late game heavy units [costing more food] that attack with many smaller, weaker units. Si'lor attacks Strategic Locations as well as bases, relentlessly .
Defense: Si'lor uses no defensive structures, but has many transport units that act like Flying Transports.

A sinister race of necromancers and the living dead, Nerral uses a combination of weak units, support spellcasters, and heavy melee units. Nerral is an easy race to master, and is an annoyance against other races. Certain Nerral units can also create weaker undead units when they slay an enemy.
Defense: Produces food and a steady stream of corpses, has a large size unlike most other defensive structures, but also has upgrades to become a poison, ice, or dark tower.

A heavy defensive race of Machines that have huge Food costs, but most units are fortified behemoths. Demora also has the most siege units and can be used in a late-game base push. Demora lacks in early game rushing units as well as quick, easy-production rush units, but has many interesting units. Demora has the largest repair range in the game.
Defense: After constructing a tower-plans, you have a variety of defensive choices... do you want splash damage? or perhaps a long ranged Artillery tower? Maybe you should make a few Machine gun posts. Lots and lots of defensive towers for you to choose from =3.

Currently the map is being developed and hopefully it is playable by the end of this month :thumbs_up:.

A few things though:
1) What do you think of the Races?
2) I will post some pictures of the terrain and the races when i am close to finished [it will be in post #2].
3)Want to test the map when it is playable? Send me a PM in WCIII [name = Dakillakan] or visit http://hordestudio.com/forums/index.php or message me @ [email protected].

Anyway... bac to work :nw:

Level 4
hehe thanks =3 i thought they kindda sounded lame at first so i had to redo some of the names. Arai'za was Aryi xD and Nerral was Necrol, are a few examples

Status
Not open for further replies.