• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Race Ideas (+ rep for any helpers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Ok I'm thinking about makeing an altered meele map with 3 races. One would be much more powerfull but with slower trained, more expensive units. One would be very weak but cheap units and the third would be sort of in the middle with average units. I'm trying to get ideas for the races, and I do not want to put in the naga or blood elves. Heres what I'm thinking of for the races:
1)One race that worships "the gods" and is a holy race, a second race that is like the undead
2) Once race is similar to the undead and mebey collects souls as a resource

3) The third race would be the weakest race that can swarm but I don't have a definite idea for them yet...mabey something like mutants or something.

What I'm looking for is ideas for the last race as well as gameplay features for the first two. + rep for any helpers. Thanks in advance:grin: Oh and plz post something to bump the thread.

Level 5
1st race: The Holy Demons
a average build time
Units are averagely priced
They have a normal food supply(like humans)
A mix of heavy units, and massing units
Hero's have a average build time
These units have increased hp but decreased armor
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
2nd Race: The undead Vampirism
High Build time
Units are heavily priced
they cost alot of food
NOT a massing race
Hero's Build time is fast.
Have more armor and attack than every other race
3rd Race: Zombie Mutants
Build Time is Low
Units are very cheap
They have low food levels
Can Swarm easily because of the Time it takes to build units
3rd Race hero's have an extended build time to balance
That whatcha lookin for?
If not its ok

Last edited:
Level 2
could have the third race as some type or cyborg race.....
i was making a race but lost all of it when my comp fried >.<

Level 4
Thanks "theHunt_errr" thats good. Now I just need help with gameplay features for each race. What I mean by gameplay features is (for example) "undead must haut gold mines" or "night elf buildings can get uprooted". Oh and + rep for you theHunt_err Thanks

Level 4
What about

Obsidians
------------
Just like the mobs in Ahn'Quraj -World of warcraft.
Some made of stones, others made of flesh.
Some are small and harmless, and some others should be expensive but like gods.
All their power shall lay in their spells, dont make them too strong.
But make their spells/abilities effective and give some of the heroes some overblowing spells, which destroys most of the doodads it gets in contact with.
Maybe they get their recourses by a spell which destroy loads of doodads and etc. Around the casting unit, and plants some seeds, which will become some kind of trees some minutes after, those trees can be grinded by only this race, and the spell could be limitted, so this race has to kill the enemy before they run out of resources, which means the spell.

Their buildings could be like ruins or something.
This race is a combination of nature and darkness.
Strong, but have some weakness.
Like 1 of their heroes could be 1 with nice spells, but when the hero goes out of mana, which isnt that hard, it's so easy to kill. Low melee/range damage on attacks.
Maybe a hero that gives some fair damage, and massive health. But easy to daze or something.

Level 4
Ok thats a good Idea but I don't know if I want to put heros in. So now I need gameplay featuresfor the undead, mutants, and the holy race. (and mabey obsidions)

Level 4
If you are making those obsidians, please link me the map when done =) ...

Since first time i played undeads and used 1 of those flying stoneunits, i've wanted to try play a race as obsidians, Ahn'Quraj like units.

(Heroes was just a suggestion) ;)

Level 15
==Green Horde==
(inspired by Warhammer Greenskins)
these are goblins. they are small, they are weak, they are stupid, but they are many =)))
they are cheap, build fast and haw a low cost. their main strength (and main weakness) is the Overlord - massive goblin (of size of an ogre or such) who has several very powerful auras, which turn the worthless goblins into formidable enemies. however, if two Overlords' auras interfere, they start a brawl, which results in their auras having no effect. Also, Overlords cost much and require much food, so it's only worth having one or two at time.

==The Listening Ones==
(inspired by Yogg-Saron and Warhammer Chaos)
members of various races, assembled by the whispers of old gods. they have almost no buildings, except for two:
Whispering Pillar (builds units and gathers resources; must be built on Blight)
Mark of Conquest (spreads Blight; must be built on Blight)
Units have a slow building time, cost much but are powerful, being strengthened by Old Gods. Resources aren't gathered by any kind of peasants, they are summoned by the Pillar (auto-cast ability with long CD).
Fully upgraded pillar, as well as some units have a long-range Charm ability, which can be used to bolster player's forces or to control a peasant in order to increase resource gain.
each pillar also has a suicide ability called Domination, which casts charm on up to 12 nearby enemies.

units aren't really defined, they are just called 'Summon Tier 1 Unit', 'Summon Tier 2 Unit', 'Summon Tier 3 Unit' and so on. Summoned units actually are stronger versions of units of other races (aka corrupted and empowered by Old Gods)

==Skyfleet of Heaven==
Mighty paladins riding powerful airships. Rather average race, with great emphasis on flying units. Most ground units are summoned by airships ("shocktroopers") or spawn when an airship is destroyed.

Level 4
Ok I like the idea of ==The Listening Ones== however I don't understand certain aspects of them. If they only have 2 buildings which one trains units and why would they bother with blight if they have no workers to build stuff far away anyways? I like the idea but I think they need more than 2 buildings...

Level 15
maybe add some very useful aura to the Whispering Pillar, making it necessary to build more Pillars and expand blight for that.

alternatively, you can make their units very slow, so having only one base would be just silly - it would take ages for the army to get to the enemy from the main base.

Level 3
Undead Race

I think you need an race that use many units, but very weak... like the Zerg(Starcraft)...
For the undead race you can make some thing like an map I'm making, all buildings spawn corpses like the graveyard(original from Warcraft3), making a easy defence with necromancers making many skeletons when the base is being attacked... The probleme is, it's useless to attack because the skeletons dies 30 or 45 seconds befor the spawn, so the player will need be very smart to make an good army to invade the enemy base and destroy every thing quikily!

:infl_thumbs_up:

Level 4
Ok I like the idea of the aura for the worshipping pillar... Now I just need gameplay features for the other races... Thanks Trillium + rep for you. Ok so the first race I'm working on is the Holy ones or listening ones. I'm thinking of something like they have no workers but instead thier town hall summons them into existance. Anybody else got ideas about resource gathering, workers, building etc.? I'm thinking about putting in monks who must worship an altar to give it mana.

Last edited:
Level 6
the listening one's main based could be like a breach in the universe, able to draw all sorts of crazy units from everywhere. you could give them the abillity to build a structure that acts like a goldmine, but instead use like a death tower, that can draw in the power of the universe, the open the portal to get units into the battlefield.

Level 9
The Fallen Order
============
A group of holy men feared because of their strict belief structure which in many cases leads them to be violent towards others who do not believe. With these radical ideas that they posses they focus on brute force which implements the power of their gods. Being very powerful these men normally wear very heavy armor making them slow and lumbering but very very powerful. They often channel the power of their gods through the power of light and energy to enhance their weapons and armor. For their radical beliefs they were shunned by most people and banished from normal human cities.

Powerful attacks but slow movement and attack speed.
Abilities revolving around their gods and beliefs.

The Lost Souls
===========
Souls which have risen from the dead and reanimated corpses. The most amazing thing about this race is the fact that once they reanimate a corpse it slowly begins to take its original form. Meaning if a man is reanimated which is only a skeleton now, the soul can find memory fragments inside the very bones and rebuild the body as it was making them rather powerful in terms of the brittle undead. The Lost Souls once lived in Hell and were tortured and treated like dirt, but now as they have a second chance they are taking the power they gained in Hell and using it to take control of the known world. They are able to absorb souls of living beings and use them to power things from the weapons they use to the factories and buildings used to make these weapons among other things.

A powerful race.
Mainly reliant on their buildings and unit power as they are what keep the rest of the souls "alive"

Experiments
=========
This race would have been created by the undead themselves. Necromancers came together to reanimate corpses creating the abomination. Well after doing this many experiments were done on living beings leading to many misshapen monsters. There ended up being large numbers of these beasts that they were all dumped in the arid Outland where they were left to die. unfortunately they banded together creating a union of failed experiments. They now have a personal vendetta against the undead along with all other races which shun them and have chosen to take their revenge.

Best in numbers as they are weak and easily picked apart.
Buildings are crude and misshapen as they are made normally of bodies and bones. Attacks contract potent diseases from them if attacking melee.

If you have any questions or want elaboration just ask.

Level 4
Allright those are good ideas hawk_767, and im making the holy ones/fallen order. Do you have any ideas how they gameplay would go for them? Like would they have workers and how would tehy gather resources? I was thinking about having monks who must pray at structures to do something. I +reped you by the way. =]

Level 9
A way you could use the builders is using the monks which would play very similar to the undead acolytes. They'd pray to gather gold and build buildings. You could maybe have them able to change form to be fighting units that would also gather wood. This would basically put the acolyte and ghoul together into a single unit.

If you have any experience in modeling, skinning, or animating you could probably edit the acolyte into a monk type character and change the animations to be more "holy."

Feel free to ask any more questions. Thanks for the rep by the way =)

Level 4
Alright those are some good ideas. Does anybody have suggestions about how the mutants should function? I want them to significantly different than normal races and very weak but good at swarming. I'm considoring havng blight as a factor...Any ideas are appreciated!

Level 9
Since the mutants will be a race that focuses on massing units you may want them to have auras like disease cloud but more potent like their main means of damaging their enemies. You could maybe have an effect that when a unit dies it could infect the unit which killed it with a near fatal poison dropping the units hp to 20% maybe. This would be only for the stronger mutants though.

Level 3
Three Races
------------------------
Demon Battle force
High Priced units and slower build time but more powerfull
Fire Based Spell attacks (Eg Hellblaze-incinerates a large area of land and scorches it (blight))
Organic units- Fel hound(Regular unit),Fel Hunter(heavy unit can Cast Deamonic heal), Pit being(sort of like pit lord unit),spike Feind, succubus(Fire Based Spell Caster), flame Bratidier(Ariel Unit), Death Drake (Heavy Ariel Unit), hell Wyrm(Ground dragon heavy Unit),hell raider ( Mounted Unit)
Mechanical units-Fire Arch(Mobile base almost like a necropolis but fire andmove animation), Demonic Tank(A Flame Tank),Corpse diminisher (collects corpses and uses them like a resource to heal nearby units)
hero units-death knight(Higher ranked more powerfull version of Hell raider),Gore Monstoristie(Able to rend the flesh of organic units converting them into flesh eater),
Ground Pounder(A very powerfull units that uses the earth or sisemic attacks witch damage a large area of ground units)
--------------------
Goblin task force
Medium Units that Specilize in infantry and lighter veichals
The Catch is that there main building can become a steam fortress and become mobile and fire large explosive shells for base relocation and defence
Organic Units-Goblin Sapper(Suicide units capable of raising buildings and trees),Goblinic Pyrolunatic(basicly built for shredding down infantry with a steady steam of fire),ogre rider(They have captured ogre and began riding them as mounts),Technomatic(Uses technology to fight insted of spells),Goblin Zeppalin(Transports units over land or water,has a light arrow attack),Tesla trooper(A Lightunits electricaly charged with several plates of metal and runs up to zap enemy oganc units),Goblin War raider( They have mastered the art of dragon flight and this is a heavy Arieal Unit)
Mechanical units-Steam Fortress(This is what the main structure turns into),Goblin Steam Tank(Has very sharp tread with the ability o run over light infanty and destucrtable doodads),prismantic Tank(Focusus Light in targets burning them),Goblin Battle Ship(A very heavy air ship that can transport units and has heavy pyro missles)
hero units-Alcemist(can use spells such as acidic Bottle, Decoy dummie,and Rocket barrage)Steam Warrior(Goblin Riding in a walker that uses explosive base attacks and spells),Battle Runner(high cost but can uses hit and run tactics)
-----------------------
Elven Wood Defenders
uses low end technology but can mass and swarm creating a formitable fow
Cost is low and they have nearly no food cost making it easy to learn there startegy
Organic units-ElvenDefender(A lepord mounted units that can maul enemmy infantry),wood shot(archer type that when grouped with ten others activates a spell that volleys arrows from all of these units to one point allowing for more damage),Furbolg handler(One of there onkly strong ground unit that when near enemys can summon several furbolgs to aid them),faire( a basic spell caster that flys but is targetable by melee ground units at wel as ranged or ariel,and dragoniac battlemancer ( the second powerfukll unoits that rides a drgaon whelp and casts fire based spells)
mechanical Units-I got stumped at this part
Heros-Again i am stumped

WELL I HOPE THIS HELPED :nemor: :nehap: :nemad: :necry: :infl_thumbs_up: :pal: FACES!!

Level 4
alright those are good ideas but I already decided on the races. They will be "the chosen/holy ones" the mutants, and the undead(most likely undead possibly something else). SO I DO NOT need new races anymore, I need gamepaly concepts for them like how they gather resources, how they build, and some interesting uniqe reacial traits(example: undead summon instead of build). =] Thanks for the ideas. Keep em coming. =]

Status
Not open for further replies.