• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Miscellanous / Other] New idea for making multiple races

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I have been searching for ways to create more than the original 4 races in wc3. I have found a few ways; some using the 90% handicap method and some by replacing an existing race. I am new to map making and this forum so I am not 100% sure if this idea will work or if I am posting it in the correct location. I am also not sure if it this option has been considered before or was posted somewhere else. If it was or if there is an even easier way to create more than 4 races, I have not seen it.

If all units for a race were to be customely created in the map editor, with buildings, spells, items, etc. Each race is givin specific workers that can build specific buildings including a town hall. The workers would be set to build their specific race's units only. From there a tavern can be made much like the hero choosign tavern; however, it is a worker choosing tavern. This would give the option of choosing the desired race once the game is started and being able to build units and buildings for whichever race you chose.

I am not sure if there are any in game settings that would effect this. I know that each player would technically be the race that is set for them before starting the game, but they would not be able to access that race in any way without having access to the specific race workers. Would this work or am I missing something important?

Thanks!

:goblin_yeah:

Level 28
If all units for a race were to be customely created in the map editor, with buildings, spells, items, etc. Each race is givin specific workers that can build specific buildings including a town hall.

This is the best way to do it. It doesn't matter if all the unit/buildings are on human race tab. Just make a trigger that will give players option to choose a race in-game. Using dialog box is recommendable if you do that.

Level 8
I like using custom units too but I'm not rarely have opportunity to play multi - so I like changing the units, for the AI to use in-game and so I'm able to see if any of them are strong/weak to the other race.

But of course if you change too much (for ex a Knight to a supporter ranged) unit it can't work. The AI usually returns the units under 50% HP but it would train 3 to 4 of them instead of other melee/tank units.
I didn't tried many times yet though.

Status
Not open for further replies.