• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Altered Melee] Any ideas for Bamboo race(Ujimasa Hojo's resources)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Those buildings don't seem to fit any race I know, especially the altar. Maybe some kind of trolls or goblins.
I edited some of them and I'll be using them in my (hopefully) upcoming Murloc altered melee map.
Edit: image removed since people kept bugging me about the models.

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Those buildings don't seem to fit any race I know, especially the altar. Maybe some kind of trolls or goblins.
I edited some of them and I'll be using them in my (hopefully) upcoming Murloc altered melee map.
Woah woah woah.

Where'd you get those, dude? (Aside from the tower) I don't think I've seen a single one of those. Hecka sick...

Level 21
Can you help me out with some links?
Зал морлочьих вождей - WarCraft 3 - XGM
Морлочий рыбацкий пруд - WarCraft 3 - XGM
Морлочьи казармы - WarCraft 3 - XGM
Пак "Луна в сумерках" - WarCraft 3 - XGM (I changed it's textures)
More can be found here: Здания морлоков - Way of Others - XGM
However, those models are not completely the same as the ones from my screenshot, since I made some small changes:
- changed the textures of some things that didn't fit
- added team color to those that didn't have it
- gave all of them different birth and death animations.
the translation is hard to make sense of
IKR? I spent like 2 months searching for one model. I know it's somewhere in there, but I can't find it because, I don't know any Russian. :sad:

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
However, those models are not completely the same as the ones from my screenshot, since I made some small changes:

IKR? I spent like 2 months searching for one model. I know it's somewhere in there, but I can't find it because, (although I speak a Slavic language), I don't know any Russian. :sad:
Mm, many thanks. : )

Level 10

IKR? I spent like 2 months searching for one model. I know it's somewhere in there, but I can't find it because, I don't know any Russian. :sad:

Can you post here the changed ones? Those with team colours and build/death animations?

Level 10
The obvious would be murlocs, but...

Is this for a WarcraftIII setting or an original one? Bamboo's not exactly permanent, maybe a nomadic race.

Actually, thats a common misconception. Bamboo is agile material, able to weather storms and winds of incredible speed. It needs renewal but offers a structure greatly resistant to waves, winds, sometimes even tornadoes or hurricanes. It is simply meant for specific conditions, like the mud buildings in Africa. Need to be renewed every year but they offer protection against high temperatures and sun.

Level 10
No, that's why I said not permanent instead of not solid: a building that isn't meant to last for years could be packed up and relocated, and move faster than Ancients.

I meant "bamboo structures are not moving, they just need more maintenance". Nomadic cultures were the native americans of the great plains, mongols and huns. They were only using tents. Bamboo constructions are in my opinion unnecessarily complicated for a nomadic tribe.

Status
Not open for further replies.