• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Altered Game Mode Ideas for Campaign Mission

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
OK, so in my campaign, although it will be completely redone melee-wise, I'm planning a number of different types of game-play for it (AoS, TD). But, I want completely new ways of this.

For example, I'm making a new type of TD called BTD (Buildings Towers Defenders). In BTD, you have a fortress and your enemy has a fortress, You have a fortress wall where you can upgrade towers (which may be just stationary ranged units and spell-casters). On this wall is a gate to your fortress you have to defend. Your hero is on the battlefield, to defend from incoming enemy units. So there is no maze. With the money you get from killing enemy units, you can train units. Buildings cost, but units are free (with fairly quick build times). There are however upgrades that you need to get for certain units that do cost. When you train a unit, it automatically gets teleported to a spawn area connected to your wall that leads into the battlefield area. You have to use synergy between your towers, units and heroes to fight the enemies off. Then, you push your army (BTDefenders) to the enemy gate to destroy it and win. However, your towers aren't that long ranged, and you have to deal with enemy towers.

So this thread is for my ideas on new Game-Play Modes.

*~* Please Note That These Are 1 Player! *~*

In BTD, you have a fortress and your enemy has a fortress, You have a fortress wall where you can upgrade towers (which may be just stationary ranged units and spell-casters). On this wall is a gate to your fortress you have to defend. Your hero is on the battlefield, to defend from incoming enemy units. So there is no maze. With the money you get from killing enemy units, you can train units. Buildings cost, but units are free (with fairly quick build times). There are however upgrades that you need to get for certain units that do cost. When you train a unit, it automatically gets teleported to a spawn area connected to your wall that leads into the battlefield area. You have to use synergy between your towers, units and heroes to fight the enemies off. Then, you push your army (BTDefenders) to the enemy gate to destroy it and win. However, your towers aren't that long ranged, and you have to deal with enemy towers.

In "AoS Defense", it basically an AoS, with differences. First of all, your in a base surrounded by a path with 4 entrances, which you must defend. There is a path to the path/circle surrounding your base, which also leads to the enemy base (there is one entrance to the enemy base). While your team has 4 heroes, the enemies have 8. However, your heroes are more powerful (not by too much though) and you have defending units and towers that you can upgrade. In the beginning, you get to pick between the four heroes on your side, and the other 3 will become AI controlled.

Siege is a rather simple layout. You control hero(es) and units, and are supposed to raid a fortress. At your starting point, there is a spawn point that heals you fully etc. This has a number of runes around it, which is equal to the numbers of lives you have. You can find new lives in hidden parts of the fortress/dungeon you're going to raid. Now the fortress has different "levels", or parts with check points at the end of them. These levels each hold different items you can only gain there, and lives, and unique puzzles and encounters. Once you enter a level, the only way to leave is to die or reach the check point. Check point areas are separate rooms in between levels, and you can enter the next level through them but once you have reached a check point you can't access previous levels. At the spawn point, there is a portal the teleports you to your latest check point. Check points fully heal you; also, once you reach your first check point, the gate in the front of the fortress to the first level becomes locked.

Feedback and new ideas are always accepted!

Level 1
Buildings cost, but units are free
If they are free then there will be a flood of units. Don't you think? Have you put some kind of restriction to check that thing?

So this thread is for my ideas on new Game-Play Modes.
Not going to tell about campaign's progress?

You need good AI for the AoS you mentioned otherwise they will become useless.

Level 3
If they are free then there will be a flood of units. Don't you think? Have you put some kind of restriction to check that thing?
Food Limit :thumbs_up:

Not going to tell about campaign's progress?

Check sig

You need good AI for the AoS you mentioned otherwise they will become useless.

I like to make things as perfect as it will be in my campaign. The full melee maps probably wont even be finished for about 9 months or so.

Level 3
Well it took me 2 1/2 months to work the story out (believe me; i have pages and pages of story. i also complete stats for two races). And I've been working on it for 4 months; I've completely terrained a melee map, and have started the undead. But, mainly because I've needed models for so long, progress has been slow this last month and a half. Although, I finally took it upon myself to learn modeling, so progress will quicken up (well, progress will probably be a model every week or two).

Status
Not open for further replies.