• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Miscellanous / Other] Alchemy Tower

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I was working with several people, when you worked on a map you just worked with the map file, not the campaign file because that would complicate things too much. each person works on one thing at a time

Level 9
I think the units were identical, except the dragon slayer had a modified endurance aura that increased his attack rate by 20% and his walking speed by 15%, and gave him a slightly purple glow, I think that was it

Level 9
ye, one thing I forgot to mention was that instead of a regeneration of .25 they had .5, so that's another reason, but otherwise if my memory serves me right they were identical

Level 12
I know I've asked this a lot before, maybe not of you but of other hivers, what are some good ways to keep your base from getting air raided besides the obvious "have lots of anti air units in there, or don't allow the enemy to have strong air units"

Level 9
If you want something uncommon have units with the poision cloud model float around and give them the unholy aura ability; make them damage any air unit by 2hp/sec and make the clouds invincible, I once did this to prevent the player from raiding a base, it worked wonderfully

Level 9
Yes, all air units that come within a range of 900 of it, you can modify it to only hurt enemy air units, in my case I didn't need to, there are lots of good ainti air strategies, if you give me a specific example I might be able to better help you

Also about the gold mine cloud, I tried to create it in the editor....some interesting stuff

Level 9
@Rem everything would work, but it wouldn't look right having an airship disappear into a shipwreck and come to the town hall with gold. mechanically everything works, but it would look a lot better if it was going "inside" a cloud unit, you can have a ship do exactly what you mentioned; go into a shipwreck then return to a structure, but then you have to figure out where the gold will be delivered, possibly set it up so that your shipyard can accept it, because you cannot build a townhall near or in shallow water

Reactions: Rem
Level 9
nice idea, but that will likely mess more things up than it solves, don't mess with the maping path unless you absolutely need to

Level 9
Another thing that no one managed to think of is that you need a good portion of your map to be water in order for the shipwreck idea to work, the cloud idea requires none of that

Level 9
if you really run out of creative ideas you could place a portal with the goldmine ability at an appropriate height and have the airship go there to retrieve gold

Rem

Rem

Level 7
what if you have the eye if sargaras model floating over some land and you send an airship there

Level 12
@-Phoenix-

Ok I was working on developing this and I found one major flaw, or rather one major way in which the player can abuse this; the player can send the airship to his local gold mine and gets 200 gold per roundtrip...so chances are he would abuse it if theres a gold mine by his castle

Level 9
Ok, after going through some old stuff, I remembered what one of my partners had done before.

you wont be able to play as ud if you use this
here it is step by step:

1) Copy and paste and Modify the blighted gold mine ability, set Art - effect to none, set gold per interval to whatever you like (e.g. 200) set interval duration to whatever you like, set max number of miners to 2 (the airship will only park in the back if you set it to 1) set radius of mining ring to whatever distance you want the airship from the mine

2) modify the original haunted gold mine, give it invincibility and the new (modified) blighted gold mine ability, give it a new model, new scaling size change art - special to altar of kings change height to 240, height min to 90, movement type to fly, pathing map to none unit classification to mechanical and name to whatever you like

3) copy and modify the acolytes gather ability, give it a bigger cast range, give it a different description, create your airship/mining unit by choosing the appropriate flying unit, giving it the newly created acolyte's Gather Gold ability and make sure you set its race to ud otherwise it wont work, in the user interface section under advanced you cam modify "must target a haunted gold mine" to whatever you like

This will transform the gold mine unit into whatever you want harvested (try the eye of sargeras" and make your selected flying unit the harvester, as long as the player pnly has 1 or 2 of these harvesters it can't be abused, I would set the limit to 1 though, because 200 gold in 5 seconds or whatever it is is a lot

Rem

Rem

Level 7
this is a pretty good solution, u have to find the right unit or effect or buff to serve as the "mine" =)

personally i like this

Level 6
What you should do is have that shadow orb fragment or w.e. it's called as the model for the mine, the backstory should be that these Crystal's have some gold mixed with other things within it, so your harvesters' units job is to get that gold out

Level 12
this just became really weird when we found out it could be abused and instead decided to go with the haunted gold mine route

Level 12
From what I understand the ship can only gather from haunted gold mines, otherwise its useless

and these haunted gold mines are turned into giant floating objects for example eye of sargeras

Level 39
The mines could have an aura that damages nearby airships, so you can micro them away and repair them (perhaps only townhalls have such an ability) or let them die at the mine, thus capping the gold that any one ship can generate. If they're relatively inexpensive then this could be an 'invest X gold to get Y gold' situation.

Level 6
The mines could have an aura that damages nearby airships, so you can micro them away and repair them (perhaps only townhalls have such an ability) or let them die at the mine, thus capping the gold that any one ship can generate. If they're relatively inexpensive then this could be an 'invest X gold to get Y gold' situation.

Sounds like a good idea to me

Rem

Rem

Level 7
just thought of this : u could have these flying mines come with as little as 3000 gold, then when the mine collapses the player will need to find a new one, the game should create a new mine every 5-6 minutes to allow for this. what do u guys think ??

Level 12

never wouldve thought of this

just thought of this : u could have these flying mines come with as little as 3000 gold, then when the mine collapses the player will need to find a new one, the game should create a new mine every 5-6 minutes to allow for this. what do u guys think ??

this would turn the thing into a mini-game of sorts

Level 9
Figure the rest out yourself, I demonstrated the mechanism which is the hard part, the rest should be more or less easy

Rem

Rem

Level 7
u know u could have the mine or some other entity cast banish or a similar buff on the harvester and make it so that it (harvester) needs to return to the town hall to get this buff taken off, i woulnt know about the mechanics of it.. but seems like a decent idea =)

Level 12
any spellcaster with dispel/purge/disenchant/abolish magic/destroy magic could dispel that, I don't think it would be possible to limit it to the town hall

Status
Not open for further replies.