• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ahoy goblin lovers! Goblin Interface in progress! wanna help? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
Alright people. Rejoice since the time of UI's is soon at hand. I was given a larger template. I am trusting that template now, so it better not be wrong.

I made two versions, you may give your opinions on which you like best, but whatever you point out wont really matter as they have both been linked as a rar file back at good ol' rapidshare, then linked to CRAZYRUSSIAN. Anyhow, enjoy. These is the versions before CRAZYRUSSIAN has started working on either of em. So yeah, whichever he decides to go with is to be quite honest up to him. He's the more experienced artist. :D

attachment.php

Please note that the white part is stuff that should be.. seethrough? transparent.. whatever, I hope you get what I mean. XD
attachment.php

I will update as soon as CRAZYRUSSIAN delivers his awesome buffing of it. I will probably attempt to split em all up in pieces and convert em to blp, or if someone would do it for me, that would be great. Because this is the first and probably the last UI that I will make, I think. Well, who knows, maybe?

I am eagerly awaiting the result. I hope you guys are too.
goblin_yeah.gif

Edit:
Added a Template for reference. :O
attachment.php

Attachments

• FinalGoblinwithBomb.png
    FinalGoblinwithBomb.png
    491.3 KB · Views: 440
  • FinalWithoutBomb.png
    FinalWithoutBomb.png
    490.7 KB · Views: 441
  • MyUIonNewTemplate2.png
    MyUIonNewTemplate2.png
    607.2 KB · Views: 405
Last edited:
Level 26

Huzzah. Let's not hope CRAZYRUSSIAN got far with the other ones though, because that would suck for him. XD
Also, counter rep! :O

You will be given rep for acknowledging that goblins are awesome. :O

Edit:
As soon as CRAZYRUSSIAN is done with his little tinkering with the goblin UI, I will be making it useable,
make some screens and start up my fancy map thread that made me start working with it in the first place.

I will then be submitting this to the hive for all the goblin lovers to enjoy, that is unless RUSSIAN beats me to it. XD
Either way, this UI will be able to be downloaded in a little while. I'm planning to distract myself with some Assassins Creed Brotherhood for the next few days.

I will pop in once in a while every day to see if he's done though. :D

Level 26
Hey guys and girls. Been trying to get some information out of CRAZYRUSSIAN but it appears he is away being busy again. So, I was bored one day and thought.. My UI is kinda cool.. and the Nerub Interface is kinda cool. What happens if I squish em together and doodle a little?

Well, you get this. I doubt it goes anywhere, but I am bored and asking russian for progress doesn't seem to go anywhere.. :/

I am getting kinda impatient. I wish russian was done. :/
Anyhow, enjoy my random randomness of doom.

[Removed due to being terrible]

Last edited:
Level 26
Don't steal other people's shit! Can't believe the mods are letting this pass...

Who said it was anything serious? It's a simple doodle. This whole shit is CNP. XD
Besides, I did point out that it's not going anywhere. Well, if does go anywhere, I'll ask for permission to dive further into this idea.

What makes you think I wont credit those I take from? I mean, that is one of the major reason that I pick stuff from blizzard. CNP from blizzard means that I simply have to credit blizzard.
More stuff from blizzard means less dudes to credit, thus, easier for me. Since my memory sucks. So I'm not getting why you're getting so worked up about this. XD

Level 26
You can do with blizzard stuff what you want (everyone does), but you can't use the nerubian interface that unwirklich made. It's just not cool, especialy when the dude specified that you can't modify it without his permision.

Well, if it offends you I can take it down, it was uploaded more for a conceptual purpose.

He's just messing around. He's not going to use it for anything.

Gotcha, it's a simple pastime until RUSSIAN is done. :O
Either RUSSIAN is very secretive and in need of drama when he presents it, or he's just simply busy, either way, I'm doodling like this.. because, well.. I have time.

Last edited:
Level 26
It doesn't offend me. It's just my opinion.

It sounded like it did. I mean, had you merely displayed your opinion with an objective point of view. You came grunting at me, which I interpreted as offending you.
As for the author himself, I linked him to the thread one or two weeks ago. So yeah, If he complains, it's gone, no questions asked.

If someone of you powerful mods out there feel that it's not right, point it out and the same thing will happen. It's not like it matters much to me though, but whatever. XD
Edit: The picture annoys me, not because it's two UI's squished together, but that it's so damn ugly. Removing it. :O

Last edited:
You sounded offended, and to be completely honest, one cannot restrict someone from using something, for a game that was bought. No one can make profit from anything made, so they have the ability to do as they wish, granite they may piss some people off, but people will get over it. Such as you will.

It doesn't offend me. It's just my opinion.

you were ragin a couple posts ago... and who honestly cares? The mods moderate the resource section. not here.
Everything else aside, It looks cool. hes organized it well, and its just for shits and giggles. if he posts in in the resource section then you can rage at him. Until then, rage less.

Level 26
you were ragin a couple posts ago... and who honestly cares? The mods moderate the resource section. not here.
Everything else aside, It looks cool. hes organized it well, and its just for shits and giggles. if he posts in in the resource section then you can rage at him. Until then, rage less.

Wait, did you even see the picture? I'm pretty sure I removed it before you replied.

Level 26
Greetings people, got Mr.Goblins fancy trademark UI Diapers on you? You don't? Oh damn and oh crap. Literally on the latter.

Here's CRAZYRUSSIAN's magical fixes.
This_Is_The_Really_Real_Final_Version_Honest_V2_CR.jpg

This_Is_The_Really_Real_Final_Version_Honest_VC2_CR.jpg

Might do a quick fix with the upper part of em. Or not, depends on what you guys think. But all in all, it's splitting em up and package as soon as that's done. Response people, I love response, critiques, ideas and opinions. All the goodies. Also, am I the only one that thinks that Russians fix to the generator made it look like cheese? :D

Also, if you're annoyed that the pictures are tiny, don't worry. The pictures CRAZYRUSSIAN gave me were huge. Going to scale em down to an appropriate size and yeah. Not much left to be done. :D

Level 26
That is freaking sweet, GREAT job man (and russian).
Makes me wish we weren't quite so strict with C&P products.

Yeah cheese, and one of the dials looks like a ham/beefburger! =D

Actually, they aren't dials. They really are hamburgers. My general concept in making this was to make the inventory thingy a overheated machinery that the goblins also used as a frying pan, preparing a hamburger and a fancy goblinish fish burger. But you have to give him this though. Nuclear Cheese powered machines that doubles as a frying pan does sound goblinish.

Did some minor fixing. That should do the trick. The change is okay, right? :O
I'm not messing up RUSSIAN's handywork now, right? :O

attachment.php

Attachments

• Version 5.0.png
    Version 5.0.png
    538.4 KB · Views: 642
Level 21
Looks so much fucking better than last time and I really like the effect it has now and can you tell him to do a item back on the right with the black to open up a pack?

Level 26
Looks so much fucking better than last time and I really like the effect it has now and can you tell him to do a item back on the right with the black to open up a pack?

Sorry, no can do. He posted a reply on his page telling us that he would be busy and apologizing for any inconvenience that it could cause.
Also, for some reason it sounds like a note an repairman would leave on his vending machine. XD

Level 26
+rep to you and CR!

Only thing is it looks kinda dark and the Time Indicator is kinda messy.

The messyness is probably me that resizing a picture 20 times this size into this to display it to the public, it might've caused it to lose some detail. Sorry bout' that. XD

Looks really good now, the only thing that still bothers me is the spiky pillar part right next to the 6th item slot that's still a relict from the Orc UI (too barbaric for Goblins).

They were barbaric before they became super technological. That serves to demonstrate their evolution. It's not remnants from the Warcraft3 Orc Interface.

Level 49
Actually, they aren't dials. They really are hamburgers. My general concept in making this was to make the inventory thingy a overheated machinery that the goblins also used as a frying pan, preparing a hamburger and a fancy goblinish fish burger. But you have to give him this though. Nuclear Cheese powered machines that doubles as a frying pan does sound goblinish.

Did some minor fixing. That should do the trick. The change is okay, right? :O
I'm not messing up RUSSIAN's handywork now, right? :O

attachment.php

To me it looks like you completely screwed up CR's work here. :/
I suggest you to ask CR to resize it himself.

Level 26
To me it looks like you completely screwed up CR's work here. :/
I suggest you to ask CR to resize it himself.

Aaaactually, I do have a better resize in my folder. :goblin_boom:

The reason I did a quick fix was to demonstrate the slight change to the upper part of it. No worries though, I'm not going to mess it up after having Russian work on my UI. :O

See the slight change? Is that better or worse? The general quality of the rest, no worries. The picture below is how it looked like before.
This_Is_The_Really_Real_Final_Version_Honest_V2_CR.jpg

Edit:
I realized that this is the hive, where trust is just about as fictional as the goblins. Here's a better quality resize.

attachment.php

Attachments

• TheBetterQualityResize.png
    TheBetterQualityResize.png
    516 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
Level 26
Gah. I have to agree with debode. I keep rechecking the UI, noticing flaws, attempt to fix them and then find new problems.

Could you guys help me and resize them?
http://postimage.org/image/36o396h1g/full/
http://postimage.org/image/36qh94ipw/full/

Once that's done, I wanna add the new bar to the top of the UI and then I would wish for someone to experience to cut em up for me. In a word, make the picture usable as an UI.

I'm not really known for doing such large pictures such as this. I have minor knowledge in making the blp pictures because I recently downloaded blp lab, but I don't really know how to apply the transparency and all that. :O
Supposedly it should be fairly easy, but unless someone wishes to help me with the last part, expect trial and error. Also, I can't find "chrome's ui template"

The only thing I get when I search it in google is the google operation system. If I search for a person named chrome on this site, I find a new guy with zero rep and five posts, none of which directs me to an UI template of any kind. There's no reference of a chrome ui template on the site, nor is it on wc3c so I don't really get why you said it out of the blue as it was obvious. :O

Level 26
That's because his nick is 67chrome, but I can't find his template either. Just searched the UI contest (#18).

Oh, that guy. But his template barely worked for the UI during its creation and it does not display any help for inventory covers. I've seen a shitload of other UI's that all share the identical width and length of their inventory cover. So I assume that it is required to be that size.

I'm back to the first problem again then. I need to modify Russians inventory cover without ruing it. I am pretty sure that is impossible with my skills. :O

Anyone up for the challenge? :O

Level 26
People, I have been doing a couple first tries with BLP Lab. No matter what I do, my UI is never transparent. I don't get what I am doing wrong.

Picture below. Anyone know how to solve this problem?

(Please ignore that there's parts that is cut of on the UI, I intended it to be like that for my map, no worries, I will be releasing the normal one too, when I figure out how to solve this problem.)

100784d1302743965-goblin-dominator-squad-wc3scrnshot_041411_031520_01.png

Level 26
Seems like you've got an issue with alpha there.
Are you converting Crazy_Russian's UI?

Wait, why are you referring to my UI as "Crazy_Russian's UI"?
He merely edited my UI.

Well, I'm not really sure what you mean when you say convert, I used blplab, saved it as blp, I looked for any trace of a transparency option but found none. I assume, hey, maybe I'm lucky? But that doesn't work out that well. I'm a newb at this, I mean. I ask for help a little now and then but it feels like people find it amusing and then leave me alone. To be quite honest, I wish I could find a tutorial that explained how to do the transparency.

Level 8
Just use the .tga version, open it in some advanced picture editor (like GIMP or Photoshop) and use the eraser tool do erase those black parts you want to be transparent. Then convert them to .blp and import.
I think that should do the job.

Level 26
MiniMage, if anything, it's both of your's UIs. He did a considerable amount of work on it. Without his work, it would look... Bad, to say the least.
And by convert I mean save it as .BLP.
And by "his UI" I meant the version he sent you.

He made the final touches, I did 90% and he did the final 10%
Actually, why did you ask if I made it blp when I said it in the reply before yours?

Level 26
No... What are you talking about?
First of all, he remade most of the stuff you didn't touch.
And secondly, I meant... Are you trying to convert he files that CRAZY_RUSSIAN sent you? Or did you modify them somehow? That might be the problem.

Well, obviously I edited them. They were like 10-11 times bigger than a regular UI. Also, what do you mean he remade "most stuff I didn't touch"?

I've touched every single bit of this UI except on the lower right of the inventory slot with the thorns and whatnot. Russian phrased it like this as well you know, when I talked to him, he agreed that he would make some final touches to the UI given that I prepared a UI in such a state that little changes was necessary to get a full fledged UI. He did his best with the time he had and gave it to me, then excused himself and apologized to the public that he had to be busy and would not be able to take requests for a while. I'm not saying that I'm not grateful for his work, I am merely pointing out that what he did was final touches. That's about it.

Level 51
What he did was, making your UI look good. No offense, but before Russian edited it, it was just a piece of sticked togehter cnp's. I really don't want to offend you, but Russian did obviously more than 10% work on it, just counting all the freehand drawing he did over the whole ui, to make it look better. 50/50 would be the only fair I think.

Level 26
What he did was, making your UI look good. No offense, but before Russian edited it, it was just a piece of sticked togehter cnp's. I really don't want to offend you, but Russian did obviously more than 10% work on it, just counting all the freehand drawing he did over the whole ui, to make it look better. 50/50 would be the only fair I think.

He also turned the intended generator into cheese, but hey. It's not like I would hide his name when uploading the UI. It's just I get annoyed when it is referred to Russians UI when as you put it, we both did a lot. :O
I can't say he did 50% but maybe that's just me. I'd stop it at 20. XD

Anyhow, I got me a fancy solution, I'll drop it into the lap of GhostThruster who offered to help me. I just gonna wrap all the necessary stuff in there before I package it and deliver it to him.
Naturally, he'll be credited as well for helping me. Die you horrible black boxes of doom! :D

Level 31
He also turned the intended generator into cheese, but hey. It's not like I would hide his name when uploading the UI. It's just I get annoyed when it is referred to Russians UI when as you put it, we both did a lot. :O
I can't say he did 50% but maybe that's just me. I'd stop it at 20. XD

He said crazyrussian's UI because he was talking about the new version that russian sent.. And he probably did more work than 20%, just saying..

Status
Not open for further replies.