• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Custom Interface

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Alright I need some help with making a custom interface for my map. I made some custom replacments for the lumber icon and it works for the normal one up in the top right panel where it lists your resources but when I input the other that I made for the trade icon it comes up with an error when I try to open the map from inside the game. When I test from editor it works fine but not in game. Please someone help me :x

Level 7
The file type is a tga, I made them all up in photoshop. I imported them then listed them as the type they were and placed them in the Interface. But now it screws up when I try and open the map. And I don't get it because when I change it to a normal icon that is already in the game it works fine but custom ones won't work.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Chuckle Brother said:
Ah but you see, I have no skill whatsoever, which is why I was just slightly tweaking the other one, to draw one from scratch is beyond me

Just take a template witch the size is 64x64 and edit it man. And use Warcraft 3 Viewer and select

TGA
vvv
BLP

If that doesnt work then i cant see a reason.... and remember that the .tga icon must be 24mbit.

grrrr...

Get wc3 image extractor II, export an icon, in a TGA format\file type, get in photoshop ot whatever you have,
open the icon, delete the image and leave the metal frame, do the icon as you want and then go Save as and save it as (exaple) Drug, now open wc3 image extractor II and open your icon, go save and save it as BLP file type, now go to WE and import the icon, set the path as:
ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNDrug.blp, add the icon to the unit you want and save, restart your WE, and..... works?

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Well that has happened to me before. It might be a trigger yes. For example this trigger has crushed my game many times before:

Events:
Every 30 seconds of the game.

Conditions:
None

Actions:
Order unit to upgrade/train a unit
.....etc

The units were skeletons and centaurs, it somehow crushed the game, and i had to fix it using "Create Unit for Player" instead of "Order unit to upgrade/train a unit".

Level 7
Yeah its not from any triggers, once I reset the trade thingy to its original picture the game runs fine. But if I don't I am either greeted by a green splotch or with a message "Could not reference section blah blah blah". Well if anyone can steer me in the right track to find out the cause of this problem please message me or post here.

Status
Not open for further replies.