• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

WOW Interface BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I got preaty deep into changing the warcraft 3 interface into looking like the wow one(yes most of this was made using the wow interface(wait all of it was)) It dosent look allot like the wow one in allot of ways and i was gonna post this on the forum to see how you think of it and see if A. i should put it in my campain and B. if i should relece it to the public. this is my 3rd interface and posibly my first sucsessfull one. Ok the sceenshots might confuse you, i understand but there is a button that makes you see the minimap and then again to hide it i had to change the entie interface to get this to work, and unfortunatly you cant have any unit dots on the minimap for this to work you need to keep moving roung a destrucable for you to have a dot on it(please give me sugestions on how the minimap should look so far there is no way for me to put anything around the minimap :(... Well ill tell you more after i get weather its crap or not...

Post any respone no matter how negative it is I dont care about flameing...

Attachments

• Wow_Interface2.jpg
    Wow_Interface2.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 643

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

How did you manage that?

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

You might be right, look how zoomed in the screen is.

Level 36
I'm also starting to think that. Think about:

1. Guy who has never shown any talent before (no offense dude) suddenly shows up and posts something so amazing it has EVERYONE else scratching their heads at how the hell he done it.

2. He doesn't tell how he did it, or give us any other pictures other then the one that he posted here.

In short, i'm not believing any of it until I can play a map that uses it.

Level 6
ok most of you are saying it is bullshit it isnt, it dosent work in a map i needed to change files inside of the game this will not work on a simple warcraft 3 map import. I thought i mentioned that... talent, fuck this requires no talent i just stole the interface from wow and moved where the icons are... i removed the top menu beacouse there was no real use for it except for maby gold(I am not using gold in my campain it is simply about quests) sorry for everyone thinking that this could be used in a map beacouse you cant actualy change where the buttions that you click are but you can change where they will look.

For instance you can make an interface and change where the texture of the icons end up, but it will not change where you click them i spent like a mounth figuring this out... i might make a tutorial on how to do this for everyone who wants to do it but it is preaty pointless, the butions that i push in this are still in the simple 4x3 box at the bottom right of the screen but i am learning C to change where they are and my friend is also helping me...

Level 6
lol that picture was faked. its a private wow server that was converted to look like starcraft. its a korean server by the way.

Level 10
Evil buddah, i think everyone has made it clear. Unless you make a video of it, or upload the map there. No one is going to believe you. And i doubt there is a way TO COMPLETLY REMOVE THE TOP INTERFACE.

WHERE DO YOU CLICK MENU THAN? AND WHERE IS QUESTS IN YOUR SCREEN SHOT?

Exactly, talk is cheap. if you want to prove your point, give us some real proof (Post the map)

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I think he means he is editing the hardwired stuff, as in messing with his MPQ (I don't know the technical side, just assuming.) In that case, only the person with the altered settings can see the changes.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

For instance you can make an interface and change where the texture of the icons end up, but it will not change where you click them i spent like a mounth figuring this out...

Level 25
I sent EviL_BuddhA an invite into the Wc3:WoW Team because this is very useful and I know how this thing works and that it is not, in fact, "bullshit".
Here is how I see it will work:
He replaces Wc3 interface files in the Warcraft III folder with his newly made one (Supposedly, he replaces it with the WoW interface mpq) and applys it to his map. Since he replaces the files though, it will change the interface set-up on the screen. And I'm sure he needs to import a custom Interface into the map as well to make it work.
The only way this will work though is if you have your Wc3 Interface files replaced as well. Otherwise it'll look wierd.

Level 4
I sent EviL_BuddhA an invite into the Wc3:WoW Team because this is very useful and I know how this thing works and that it is not, in fact, "bullshit".
Here is how I see it will work:
He replaces Wc3 interface files in the Warcraft III folder with his newly made one (Supposedly, he replaces it with the WoW interface mpq) and applys it to his map. Since he replaces the files though, it will change the interface set-up on the screen. And I'm sure he needs to import a custom Interface into the map as well to make it work.
The only way this will work though is if you have your Wc3 Interface files replaced as well. Otherwise it'll look wierd.

you can't replace wc3 files with wow files in any case. WoW had been written from scratch and as such it uses different file formats. And you can't replace RTS interface with an interface from RPG.

Level 5
For instance you can make an interface and change where the texture of the icons end up, but it will not change where you click them i spent like a mounth figuring this out... i might make a tutorial on how to do this for everyone who wants to do it but it is preaty pointless, the butions that i push in this are still in the simple 4x3 box at the bottom right of the screen but i am learning C to change where they are and my friend is also helping me...

Hotkeys? Hotkeys! Major use of hotkeys...

you've probably thought of that before anyway

Level 36
This thread is nearly two months dead, don't revive it, especially for a post as useless as the one that you just made. If you had read through the other posts, you woulfd know that everyone else here came to the same conclusion as you did, and that your very late input stating the same thing is useless.

Level 1
I could use this a 100% because I am making a WoW Map, but tbh I don't believe it in. I actually never knew you could edit it like that or even edit it :/.

But thumbs up if it's true

Status
Not open for further replies.