• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Altered Melee] Age of Humanity (AoE like map)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there, and welcome to the main topic of my map Age of Humanity. It's a constant WiP map still in a prototypical state but fully playable and functional.

Age of Humanity can be defined as a tribute to all of the Age of Empires-like games : Age of Empires, Empire Earth, Age of mythologies, Rise of Nations....
At first, in July 2015, it was only a test to know if i can put AoE-like mechanics (units upgrades, hidden icons, buildings morphing each ages) into Warcraft 3. Then, in December 2015, i continued the test by completing a playable map with 5-6 players. It had 4 ages. It evolved until now and it won't be stopped until its very end !

But i won't stop here, it's not a pure copy of the original game. I made all the mechanics as i wanted to see them with a new and refreshing gameplay.

I/ Ressource gathering
Except for trees, the harvesting system is completely different than Warcraft III : Workers needs to attack the ores to get money at each hits. It was possible by using Pillage ability and adding a specific price to the ressources. So i managed to make them balance-able (decrease the price = slower gathering, decrease the life : faster gathering but it's depleting faster etc...)

II/ Map
The map is our good old earth, with some edits to make it more playable. All the players spawn connected together by land between 21 random points. Ressources are spread around all lands, with more ores in desert, more hunting and foraging in humid area and stones on mountains.

III/ Ages
What is Age of Empires Without Ages ? (It'll be "of Empires" uuh.... :ugly:) My map have for now 9 epochs fully playable. Most of them make all buildings morph into new one.
Stone age [ I ] 100 000 BC - 8000 BC
upload_2017-9-12_11-56-29.jpeg

Very first age. Few military units, no defenses. Low technology.

Copper Age [ II ] 8000 BC - 3000 BC
upload_2017-9-12_11-56-54.jpeg

Apparition of basic defenses, first cavalry and navy units.You can start some basic economy improvements in the market.

Bronze Age [ III ] 3000 BC - 500 BC
upload_2017-9-12_11-58-41.jpeg

Apparition of Siege and decent walls. First bronze weapons on the battlefield.

Iron Age [ IV ] 500 BC - 500 AD
upload_2017-9-12_12-0-27.jpeg

Apparition of Forts and Generals, better walling and towering.

Steel Age [ V ] 500 AD - 1400 AD
upload_2017-9-12_12-0-48.jpeg

Medieval-like epoch. Siege improvements and better armored units.

Gunpowder Age [ VI - 1 ] 1400 AD - 1600 AD
upload_2017-9-12_12-1-20.jpeg

Apparition of basic Gunpowder units and buildings. Last upgrades for Medieval-like soldiers

Enlightenment Age [ VI - 2 ] 1600 AD - 1750 AD
upload_2017-9-12_12-1-58.jpeg

Improvements for gunpowder units and siege.

Steam Age [ VII ] 1750 AD - 1900 AD
upload_2017-9-12_12-3-24.jpeg

Better gunmen, siege, ships and defenses. Abandon of Archaic units.

Oil Age [ VIII ] 1900 AD - 1950 AD
upload_2017-9-12_12-3-51.jpeg

First Modern age. Apparition of modern Equipements, air units, ships, Tanks and vehicles.

Uranium Age [ IX ] 1950 AD - 2050 AD
upload_2017-9-12_12-4-11.jpeg

Today technologies with advanced warfare and apparition of helicopters.

Laser Age [ X ] 2050 AD - 2500 AD [WiP, not yet added]
upload_2017-9-12_12-6-52.jpeg

First Futuristic age. Apparition of Laser weaponry on units. First War robots in the battlefield.

Plasma Age [ XI ] 2500 AD - 3000 AD [not yet started]
upload_2017-9-12_12-6-29.jpeg

Second Futuristic age. Overall boost for everything. Apparition of Support Robots, spaceships and super-soldiers.

Anti-matter Age [XII] 3000 AD - [...] [not yet started]
images

Final Age. Everything broken and strong.

IV/ Units
There's several types of units which can counter sometimes upgraded versions :
╚Heavy infantry : basic soldiers in melee (mace, sword or axe) with decent armor and damage,versatile in numbers. Strong against skirmishers and siege, resists well againt spears and heavy ranged. Weak when facing covered ranged units and siege. Bonus against buildings. They disappear for modern and steampunk techtrees, but for the magic ones it become a strong fighting force once massed.

╚Light infantry : Available for technological paths in the renaissance era, it's a cheaper and faster alternative of heavy infantry, better against ranged due to their high massing abilities. Disappear for modern tech tree, but get strong evolves for steampunk tech tree, which are morphing to tough mechanical infantry. Their low hp and armor make them weaker against ennemies using AoE damage.

Spearmen : Light foot soldier with a good melee range (two ranks can attack in front !). Effective against mounted and cavalry when in melee, same weaknessess than heavy infantry. Good in early ages as bullet sponges due to his fairly low price.

Skirmishers : Light ranged unit with low damage, range and defense, but counters very well other ranged units thanks to his good resistance from these as well against ships (otherwise, no any land units can counter ships). Cheap and cost effective, it's one of the only unit to have upgrades from the start to the end of the techtree. They are however very weak against cavalry and splash siege.

Heavy cavalry : Strong mounted unit, but expensive and weak against spearmen and heavy ranged foes. Better used for rushing archers or gunners than blocking the frontline, thought not bad at it. They evolve to heavy tanks in Steampunk and modern paths.

╚Tanks : Alternative of the cavalry, but slower and with a better range and resistance. Weak against magic spearmen, wizards.
Light cavalry : Swift mounted unit, excellent for circling and defeating ranged foes from behind. Strong against archers, ranged, siege and skirmishers. Cheap enough to be used like spearmen as trash units.

Archers/ranged infantry : Available early on, they are excellent against melee infantry or heavy ranged, but their cost and their defense make them weak when facing opponents in melee. They are easily countered by skirmishers, cavalry and splash siege weapons. They morph to gunpowder units when picking technological paths, with higher damage but slower attack rate.

╚Wizard : Available for the magic branch, they have a strong sheer power with the only unefficiency against buildings. Very fragile against archers, ranged infantry and artillery due to his low Hp and armor. Very expensive but strong against big foes when protected. They get abilities if the player pick magic paths.

╚Mounted ranged : A mix of a light cavalry and an archer. They get many weaknesses, but are very effective when raiding an unprotected base. Strong against melee infantry if micro-managed. They evolve to light vehicles in modern/steampunk techtrees. They tend to have less damage per seconds but better life, range and armor than other ranged units.

╚Heavy ranged : It regroups heavy handgunners to anti-tank infantry. They can replace spearmen against cavalry, but they are much more expensive and fragile. Their range make them a bit more effective against mounted ranged.

╚Light artillery : Slow, fragile but with a high attack, they take down very easily melee infantry and heavy ranged units. They outrange most of towers (unless the artillery is very outdated) but aren't the best against buildings. They are very weak against cavalry and splash siege.

╚Splash artillery : The anti-ranged weapon of choice, it's also quite good for taking down buildings. They disappear for modern and Steampunk techtrees, replaced by lighter mortar infantry.

╚Heavy artillery : Effective only against buildingsn but have the best range of the game. They also can be used to defend your base against naval attacks.

╚Ram : The cheapest siege weapons, it attacks only buildings. It have a strong resistance from ranged attacks (until very high damage). Weak against cavalry. Disappear in the modern tech tree.

╚Air fighters : Have very different version between the paths, but have the same purpose : hunting down air foes. They can be also used as raider, but are weak against ranged units and towers. Technological paths have planes, and magic have enchanted air riders.

╚Air bombers : Only available for modern paths, they are quite swift for a siege unit, but with a very low range (they drop bombs). Able to attack air foes too, but are not strong enough to replace Air fighters.

╚Heavy air bombers : Not available for modern, they only attack ground forces and buildings in a very decent range. They resist well against anti-air, but cannot attack air. Weak against heavy ranged and wizards. Steampunk paths have War zeppelins, Magic paths have dragons. They are very expensive and should be used wisely.

╚Anti-tank artillery : variant of the light artillery, but with anti-tank damage to take down more easily cavalry, buildings or tanks. They tend to be less effective against other kinds of units, making it for anti-tank purposes alone. Only available for modern and steampunk techtrees.

╚Anti-air vehicle : Attacks only air units, but can taking down these quickly. They are weak against tanks, cavalry and skirmishers. Only available for Modern and Steampunk Techtrees.

╚General : Expensive and does not attack, but grant huge bonuses to friendly units. Can casts boosts which are upgraded at the fort.

╚Light ship : Basic warship available early on. They are good to raid down fishing ships and later taking down air units. Countered by splash siege and skirmishers. Not very effective against buildings. Can transport troops across water. Becomes airships in very late ages.

╚Heavy ship : Siege warship available later than the light ship. Have a slow with low velocity attack, but effective against buildings : useful for cleaning coasts. Their high cost make them weak against other ships and land troops. Becomes airships in very late ages.

╚Fireship/submarine : Small ship, a bit more expensive but very effective at taking down otehr ships. Very mediocre against land units. Does not attack air.

╚Gun Mech : Light armored mech firing at medium range available at age X for technological paths. Effective against anti-tank. Weaker when facing melee infantry, heavy units and skirmishers in numbers.

╚Anti-tank Mech : A variant of the Gun mech though effective against heavy units at long range. Available for the Laser path.

╚Splash Mech : A variant to the Gun mech though effective against other light ranged units. Available for the Laser path.

╚Anti-air Mech : A variant of the Gun mech though effective at taking down late airships. Mediocre against land units and too expansive to face down other heavy land units. Available for the Laser path.

╚Melee Mech : Heavy brawling robot specialized on defeating other mechs. Available for late Steampunk and Laser paths.
V/ Path
But it won't stop here too ! Age of Humanity let you pick different paths each ages, giving bonuses, new paths and unique units for your tech-tree.
This is the Current one :
upload_2018-3-28_8-59-35.png

To be more synthetic :
Code:
Stone -> ... -> Steel -> Gunpowder -> Steam -> Oil -> Uranium -> Laser
                         \                      \-> Steampunk -> Steampunk II -> Steampunk III
                           \-> Silver ->     Gold ->    Diamond -> Sapphire -> Lapis
                                      \                                 \-> Ruby -> Dark Iron or Onyx
                                        \                               /-> Ruby -> Dark Iron or Onyx
                                          \ -> Dark -> Amethyst -> Demonic -> Hell
Notes about paths :
Silver age correspond to magic-like tree.
Ruby is a mix of Tech and magic

VI/ Some remarks

First of all, all of the models/skins aren't credited yet because they change very often so once a stable version is released, i'll do all the list of credits.

There's a desync with ENT and MMH bots around 8-16mn. It's not clear.

Even if there's no leaks, the map crash when someone pass an age in mid-late game. Happens very rarely because of the recent optimizations.

The historical accuracy is shadowed by the balance. An age-late unit can counter what it counter for the next age (Age I stone thrower beat an Age II archer, because Skirmishers>Archers)

The map is completely playable in ENT (and sometimes up to date at MMH, but prefer ENT). The map would be a bit big for 2-5 players, but that's perfectly playable too.

Let's hope i'll bring back sweet childhood memories with my map :>

VII/ Screenshots

America
upload_2017-12-24_14-2-28.png
South America
upload_2017-12-24_14-1-52.png
Africa
upload_2017-12-24_14-1-1.png
Asia
upload_2017-12-24_14-3-9.png
Europe
upload_2017-12-24_14-3-47.png

VIII/ Video
bronze age attack on a copper age settlement

IX/ Advancements

=====GameDesign ████████████████████ 30% :confused:2
====objects ████████████████████ 45%:con:
===Models || ████████████████████ 10%:cry:
==Triggers iii| ████████████████████ 60%:smile:
=Terrain i|ii| ████████████████████ 93%:grin:
Release 1.0i ████████████████████ 35%:nw:

[In writing]

Map download : Age of Humanity Prototype 0.1.5.1.3a - Warcraft 3 Maps - Epic War.com (not instant on click)

Attachments

• upload_2017-8-6_17-18-1.png
    upload_2017-8-6_17-18-1.png
    110.1 KB · Views: 666
Last edited:
Level 21
Hm okay, the new hitsounds are quite nice and all.

It just quickly becomes a hassle, when dealing with massive amounts of units due to the 12 unit selection limit, doesn't it?

Maybe you can show some base building and teching through some ages.

Level 28
Forums: built forums and starting forums had a 50 HP difference.

Upgrading forums sometimes makes them disappear.

Workers will attempt to mine for fish (huhu), fishing ships don't have that problem.

Not really a bug, but when going for deer, workers kill all the deer before harvesting the corpses. Bloodthirsty little savages, aren't they.

There needs to be a faster way of killing trees, I only saw a single one fall after playing for an hour.

You should consider having barbarians spawn hordes and attack instead of just sitting there.

Will there be Wonders and space units?

Last edited:
Forums : it's an unknown bug from Warcraft III about morphing (HP difference and destroying)

Workers : I'll fix that :>

Change : I'll change that priority (deer had better priority than meat)

I made trees very tough because of space : too much space would make the map too "snowballing"

Barbarians : i tried that, but i don't have enough triggering skills

Wonders : I planned to, but it would be when i'll finish ages, paths and then Civs.

Space units : Naval ships evolve to spaceships around age XI-XII, but i don't plan to make the solar system and planets. Just on earth would be enough because too many features will make the gameplay too heavy :x

Thanx for your feedback, i'll make all of theses fixes ehehe <:

You should care more about the desync than balance.
Unit counters are quite balanced tho, if you cry for example because you were recked by a mass of dragons it's because you did not trained enough heavy attackers.
I made the map impossible to win when massing only 1 type of unit, because other players can anticipate and train the counter.

However, very very late units tend to be a bit less balanced than early troops, but i'm looking forward to make some hard balances :>

Some news here :
☼ For unknown reasons, it desync 2 games over 3 instead of simply systematical.
☼ Some terrain rework, especially Africa (masses of trees are replaced with fewer bigger ones, more volume in the Saharan plateau, Atlas mountains less high so it no longer hides what's in Morocco)
☼ Bunch of new models, making it even more realistic (stone age buildings and units, some Steel and renaissance ones)
☼ Little visual optimization of the code, as well as technical ones, but still in GUI for now. JASS is planned.
☼ Ressource placement better balanced
☼ Spawns at Mexico and Greenland deleted, because of the big disadvantages.
☼ New upgrades for workers, buildings and defenses over the ages at the Market.
☼ New evolutions for units, especially between them (Phalanx [III] -> Elite Phalanx [IV] -> Pikeman [V] for example)
☼ Preparations for the Lazer age, but not implemented yet (~20% finished)

The latest version at the moment i speak is ===[this one]===

PS : some improvements at the topic is planned with complete and detailed tech-trees. Lemme finish my exams and i'll be fully available ^^

New version 0.1.5.1.3a
☼ All ranged unit, except light ships, AA units and light air units, no longer attack air. Early Light Artillery have a weaker attack against air.
☼ Lot of terrain rework : Balance, less objects, less trees.
☼ Bunch of new icons picked from Rise of Nations.
☼ Passing an age make a special sound for the player.
☼ Some optimization in the score system and in the unit switch mechanic.
☼ New auto-evolution for some buildings and units, changing only the appearance.
☼ Fixed some techtree bugs
☼ Silver age paths get a new unit : the gryphon hunter. This heavy crossbowmen attacks only air, but is quite effective against early air raids. Auto-evolve to the Dragon Hunter in the age VII, and into SkyWatchers in age IX (one type of SW for each of the 3 paths : Ruby, Sapphire and Demonic)
☼ Scout towers are now affected by Building's HP upgrades, making them tougher in late ages.
☼ The map no-longer crash ! Even in heavy lobbies, but still desync when chaos abilities hits.

New version : Age of Humanity Prototype 0.1.5.1.3a - Warcraft 3 Maps - Epic War.com

Level 28
Bug: When dragging a selection box and peasants are near, random peasants get included in the selection (and I do mean random, sometimes they're offscreen). This happens whether or not you have units in the box.

How do you spawn barbarians? The quest only says the host can make them.

Last edited:
@cleavinghammer Hello there
The peasant's model got a bug of selection box that is too high. Already contacted the modeler but no further response yet. I'll replace it for now by the basic peasant model.

I only tell some of my mates the command, because could spam these. Also the mechanic is very incomplete (it just spawns gae I-II units, easily ripped of by age V soldiers) and are just static (they don't do anything except defending themselves).

New version 0.1.6.0.0a (the 1.6 corrupted in some point, so saved into a new name)
☼ Age X finished With several branches :
---- Laser (Modern path)
-------- Utopic
-------- Standart
-------- Dystopic
---- Steampunk III
-------- Utopic
-------- Standart
-------- Dystopic
---- Hell (Fantasy - Bad)
---- Lapis (Fantasy - Good)
---- Ruby (Fantasy - hybrid)
-------- Onyx ( + magic)
-------- Dark Iron (+ tech)
☼ Map playable at 19
☼ Workers needs 3s to morph into the other kind of Workers. Needs 20s to reload. This is made to prevent abusive mining.
☼ New evolution for some units, including siege, scout towers and buildings.

Known issues :
► Desync not yet tested
► 10th age in GUI (not yet merged)

Link to the map : Age of Humanity Prototype 0.1.6.0.0a - Warcraft 3 Maps - Epic War.com

Enjoy and don't forget to send be bug reports if needed ! :ogre_kawaii:

0.1.6.0.0d released :
☼ Fixed the bug on the model of the medic not displaying
☼ Additional tech-tree issues fixed
☼ Food related text and icon is changed to population cap
☼ Sound played at start
☼ When someone pass an age, a special sound is played for him.
☼ Deleted unused sounds
☼ Added variation in throwing rock's sounds
☼ Gryphon hunters and their evolutions cost now 100 gold instead of 110
☼ +5 damage for Dragon hunters
☼ +10 damage for Sky watchers, they fire also a bit faster and with magic attacks. This is to compensate the lack of true other anti-air units for the fantasy paths.
☼ Added an evolution for the AA Vehicle named the Sky watcher.
Age of Humanity Prototype 0.1.6.0.0d - Warcraft 3 Maps - Epic War.com

0.1.6.0.0g released :
☼ Optimization of the 10th age
☼ Bunch of new icons for upgrades (with more historical accuracy)
☼ Forums are limited at 1 at start. +1 every 2 ages starting to III (for now you finish with a max of 5 forums)
☼ New models for Modern walls (that looks like true concrete walls)
☼ balance tweaks and debug as usual.
Age of Humanity Prototype 0.1.6.0.0g - Warcraft 3 Maps - Epic War.com

0.1.6.0.1d released :
☼ Compressed a lot of functions
☼ New sounds for riflemen when hitting foes (bullet bouncing on metal, entering in flesh and shattering wood)
☼ (may still have some bugs) more compact multiboard, using just enough space so it won't cover up a whole quarter of the screen in small lobbies.
☼ Player number list is compressed (not any "holes" between them)
☼ Nerfed dragons.
☼ Added minimal range for siege units.
☼ New model for rafts.
☼ New icons for fireships and Heavy fireships.
☼ Score is now affected by researches.
☼ Player get a warning when one of his unit is converted.

Planned next (undefined order nor delay) :
► Separate ships for attacking and transporting troops with safe morphs (that won't delete transported units)
► Transport helicopters for uranium age.
► More mech units for Steampunks (they lack a bit of flexibility)
► Wololo sounds
► General abilities upgrades in forts.
► Markets able to create trade cart and generating gold like in Age of Empires II.

Upcoming 0.1.6.1.1d
Data :
☼ Movement speed of units are now coherent (some artillery and vehicles were way too fast)
☼ Rotation speed is also more coherent (artillery and tanks turns way more slowly)
☼ New models for some units
☼ Cruisers (only) have now a separate attack against air units (AA machine gun instead of classic shells)

Trigger :
☼ A player attacked by wild animals will be notified (with a good old AoE2 sound)
☼ Income from Markets is displayed locally for each player only when they build at least one.
☼ Wololo sounds when converted.
☼ Reorganized data to make the mapping easier (techs and abilities splitted by age groups : I-VII, VIII-X, XI)

Terrain :
Africa reworked : new rivers, plateaus and forests.
Resources placement revised.

Other :
Playable at 24 players.
Gold, iron and stone deposits have a % of HP depending on the number of players (from 50% at 2 to 100% at 24). It is not in-game dynamical (leavers won't change that amount).
☼ Gold and iron deposits respawn once destroyed, but in a slower version. They have 3 states : normal (no changes), reduced (halved gather rate and amount) and depleted (halved again, so in the end divided by 4). For example a gold mine at 2 player will have 16000/2 HP and gold, so 8000. Once destroyed it will respawn at 8000 HP but with only 4000 gold (you have to gather 2 HP to get 1 gold), again when destroyed too it will respawn at 8000 HP but with 2000 gold only. I made this to make it last longer while encouraging players to expand to untouched ores. This don't apply to stone quarries (it's just stones moron).
☼ 4x less deer (to increase map performance). They flock by two instead of height. Their HP is also increased so they won't be hunted too easily.
☼ Meat have 4x hp and gold to compensate the reduced amount of deer.
☼ Boars and Elephants drops 4x less meat chunks to compensate its value.
---> Overall, gathering meat isn't changed.
☼ Boars and Elephants will go back to their initial location and return neutral if triggered then not attacked for 20 seconds. This is made to avoid a boar rampage through a noob base.

Upcoming very soon :
☼ AA for ships revised
☼ early Castles will fire swarms of arrows instead of rapid fire.
☼ Late castles will fire slower AoE projectiles.

Upcoming not very soon :
☼ Merged multiboard so they will display local data for each players.
☼ Air transport (for late ages)
☼ Safe transport (evolution won't delete the content)
☼ Forum, tower and castle garrison.
☼ Forum bell to call out all workers.

1) Their difference resides into bonuses they give. Magical increase magical attacks, tech adds some defensive and economical bonuses. It would also impact the units you'll have in age 11.
2) Magic continues the old techtree and keep all of their unit types. Modern tends to delete units (melee infantry/pikemen) to get instead variants (Mortars, ...). It's true that modern will get 3 types of helicopters (which is a reference to EE helicopters) but i don't think it's too many ^^ Each paths have their compromises and counters. For example Magic will mostly use magic pikemen and wizards to crush tanks/cavalry ; modern would use some tanks as well to cover the anti-tank infantry or anti-tank artillery.

Level 28
Magic techtree bugs:
Sky Rider -> Gryphon Rider upgrade doesn't work. Gryphon Rider -> Magic Warden affects both Gryphon Riders and Sky Riders.
Purificator (should be Purifier) doesn't have a model, only the shadow is visible.
Veteran Wizards and Priests share a model. Wizards should have some kind of spell, if only Searing Arrows or some equivalent.
Elite Centaur should have a ranged model.
Some upgrades share a hotkey. For example, the Gunpowder and Silver ages have four upgadres set to two hotkeys.

General doesn't have Ambush or Decoy.

Predatory animals can be converted.

Why Panthers for the Americas and Australia? Bears, jaguars and crocodiles would fit better.

Market has upgrades for techtrees it can't access.

Scout towers should be able to see over trees.

Scout Tower's icon and building should be changed once the tower is upgraded.

Last edited:
TL;DR : You played an old version.

Magic techtree bugs:
Sky Rider -> Gryphon Rider upgrade doesn't work. Gryphon Rider -> Magic Warden affects both Gryphon Riders and Sky Riders.
Purificator (should be Purifier) doesn't have a model, only the shadow is visible.
► It was already fixed long ago.

Elite Centaur should have a ranged model..
►well, go find a model i'm searching for years then :ogre_haosis:

Wizards should have some kind of spell, if only Searing Arrows or some equivalent.
► That's not the point of the game. They serve as a strong ranged unit which can have summons later on.

Veteran Wizards and Priests share a model.
► You are wrong : I use the high elf for the Priests and the blood elf for the veteran Wizard. And they are at the same time for only one age.

Some upgrades share a hotkey. For example, the Gunpowder and Silver ages have four upgadres set to two hotkeys..
► Again, already fixed long ago.

Predatory animals can be converted.
► Again

Market has upgrades for techtrees it can't access.
► And again

General doesn't have Ambush or Decoy.
► It was planned long ago to make a Rise of nations like General. I'll make a big update but for the time being they'll serve as a basic support unit.

Scout towers should be able to see over trees.
► It would make me take a decision about the gameplay. On a side they evolves to AA tower, on the other side they make scouting too strong.

Scout Tower's icon and building should be changed once the tower is upgraded.
► It's very long and messy to add every buildings available to every workers and enable/disable these at the right moment. Plus if a tower evolve when a worker have multiple orders to build that tower, the next ones would be skipped. Plus you can't change the icon In game for a object. For the time being you can build only the first apparition of the construction which instantly evolves to the current version.

Level 28
So I did.

You might want to change the DL link in the thread's first post, it leads to an even earlier version (1.5.1.3).

On 1.6.2.1c now:

This message keeps appearing reading HANDLE C and then numbers.
Some icons are missing DISBTN images (age upgrades, for instance).

Last edited:
You might want to change the DL link in the thread's first post, it leads to an even earlier version (1.5.1.3).
► Indeed, but there's not any stable releasable version right now. Plus i'm waiting @General Frank to upload a tank model to the hive before sending the map anywhere.

This message keeps appearing reading HANDLE C and then numbers.
► This is a debug message for the first player which shows the number of handles in game. It's made to watch over any possible performance leaks. I shall make it in the near future a command to show/hide.

Some icons are missing DISBTN images (age upgrades, for instance).
► Again, already fixed.

I admit i skip from time to time updating this topic. The version i work is the 0.1.6.2.1e and fixed a bunch of things, added brand new models and icons plus making the game more flexible. If you want to check out changes i'd invite you to my discord. Any small and big updates are announced plus the hosting events.

Thanx for your feedback. It's always good to get some our days.

Level 28
Few more:
Upgrade tooltip is the same for AT and SK helicopters.
Upgraded helicopters share the same model.
Upgraded Airfield has logs floating above it for some reason.
Couldn't find any oil patches for the fishing boat's platform.

Fishing grounds should have a more visible model than two fish way off to the sides.
Predators should drop meat or at least give gold.

Upgrade tooltip is the same for AT and SK helicopters.
► Already fixed :p

Upgraded helicopters share the same model.
► If you find Scifi helicopters without being too futuristic WITH team color AND not oversized, i would take it and freeing myself from years of searching.

Upgraded Airfield has logs floating above it for some reason.
► This is an attachement problem from the worker model which shifts the locations of those.

Couldn't find any oil patches for the fishing boat's platform.
► You can build them where you want. It's like granaries.

Fishing grounds should have a more visible model than two fish way off to the sides.
► Well, when i put a explicit model everyone says that it's ugly and too visible ; and when i replace it with fishes everyone says that we can't see it, what can i do ??! :ogre_rage:

Predators should drop meat or at least give gold.
► Nope. Only workers are supposed to produce ressources. Military investments can't give you any financial benefits. Else it would be not coherent with the rest of the gameplay. That's because hunting can only be done by workers. Wolves are only made to piss off too early-expansions in the first 5 minutes like in Age of Empires 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.