• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Age of Empires 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
This project looks cool.

1.I dont know if AoE1 has this, but AoE 2 surely has this feature, that if one villager builds building in 60 sec, that doesnt mean that 2 villagers will build it in 30 sec (it will be longer). In AoE II 4 villagers were needed to build building in 30 sec. Did you implement this?

2.Do you use that you can only click ONE unit to be created in the creating line. (not like in w3, when there is 7 unit line) And when it is created, only then you can create another one.

3.and of course in AoE I there is no button for Iddle villager, be sure you will delete it :)

2&3 are of course irrelevant, but they are in original AoE I.

2.Do you use that you can only click ONE unit to be created in the creating line. (not like in w3, when there is 7 unit line) And when it is created, only then you can create another one.

I really like that idea.
Maybe we can alpha out the rest of the building queue, so there is only one box,
where a unit can be trained. Then we only have to figure out, if it's possible to
disable that more than one unit can't be trained.

Level 17

3.and of course in AoE I there is no button for Iddle villager, be sure you will delete it :)
, I don't want so sound like a dick but why you want to make gameplay harder? The option to create more unit in a line is there to make it easier for users to manage their military production. Same as for the idle villager button, it is there to make it easier for the player to manage their economy, and in AOM you also have an idle villager button too. I suggest make use of the more advanced engine warcraft 3 has than AOE 1 has.

Level 18
1.I dont know if AoE1 has this, but AoE 2 surely has this feature, that if one villager builds building in 60 sec, that doesnt mean that 2 villagers will build it in 30 sec (it will be longer). In AoE II 4 villagers were needed to build building in 30 sec. Did you implement this?

2&3 are of course irrelevant, but they are in original AoE I.

2. Totally USELESS. The production line is a must-have for all RTS, if AoE I were created one year after it would have it. This is a nonsense to remove a such feature...

3. Same point than previously, this couple of things is an improvement for all RTS based map, you should not remove them...

Level 31
Good News Guys!!!
I started to work on this again.
There was much progress today but I also have some problems now and I expect that you help me fixing it :)

So this is what I did today:

- animated 3 Buildings and put it into the map
- added trees, created wood ressource system
- added colours to the descriptions
- added an Icon for the Village Center
- added the Chaos abilities for the buildings of the Toolage
- tried to create a training system
- improved terrain and added gazells

Problems:

- can't find an action to cancel the training of a unit
- Villagers who were replaced with the Chaos ability can't build and I don't know why

Attachments

• Age of Empires.w3x
    872.5 KB · Views: 87
Level 11
Hey chilla killa, i'm working on an age of empires 2 rts map.
You can ask me for help if you want.
Here's my progress (it's only been 1 week) pic.JPGpic2.JPG

Reactions: ZIR
Level 11
No i don't have a wall build system yet.
I use models at different angles along with preset paths.
But i will have a system for gates.
Walls and gates are aimed for 4 direction | -- \ /
No i didn't experiment with chaos ability due to some pathing reasons...
PM me with somewhere to contact you (MSN, ICQ, THW Chat, etc)

Level 6
the problem is each wall will need to detect walls directly adjacent to them, calculate if the are not following a linear pattern (means it's a turn and need a tower) rotate the wall model to be appropriate, and account for gates. Jass? probably possible, GUI?..... get a coder dude cause you're boned if you chose this route.

i really hope this works out. i really dont wanna pay $10 for age of empires 1...... i mean i think this will be a generous contribution to wc3 and i have no problems paying for a great game because im not a cheap ass...... yeah?..... ok....

Status
Not open for further replies.