• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

About Warcraft 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
wew, models..
I hope i can play WC3 until i'm old
old-man-laughing.jpg

i guess i can't :(

Level 7
WCIV having a WE? I hope its an improved version :D not like that ugly terrain stuff xD

Level 24
Although I would not call WoW a sequel anymore since you can clearly see in WCIII that they had not planned anything beyond WotLK and I think that plays a part in why WoW's lore was not as interesting to many people after the Cataclysm.

Level 21
Although I would not call WoW a sequel anymore since you can clearly see in WCIII that they had not planned anything beyond WotLK and I think that plays a part in why WoW's lore was not as interesting to many people after the Cataclysm.

Well, it's also quite a challenge to keep good lore in an MMORPG, since every boss gets raped a zillion times and almost every big bad guy will eventually die(a zillion times).

Level 24
I never said it would be easy. And Deathwing was a good antagonist but the expansion was still a failure.

Level 7
Owh.. i dun knw anything from WoW since i dun play it >_< buy my cousin want to get me playing... now is like the Mist of Pandaria? or thats already outdated? xD

Level 24
Mists of Pandaria is the current game and all I can say about it is that it's better than Vanilla and Cataclysm but it's not as good as TBC. Today to get gear you need to do A LOT of dailys since each daily gives 80 rep and you need 42 000 reputation to get from neutral too exalted. So unlike WotLK which gave you options of how to get reputations this feels a lot more like a daily routine you do simply because you need too, rather than you want too.

So if you want too play WoW I strongly suggest PvP.

Level 7
Wow, I nid to get level up first be4 pvp ryte? xD Wow Wow Wow i can spam these when i get amuse xD

Level 24
You need too be level 10 to go into PvP BattleGrounds and you'll be matched against people between level 10-14, 15-19, 20-24 and so on and so on.

Level 16
People talk about Warcraft 4 as if its definitely coming to come, sooner or later. With this logic there must be a Warcraft 5 and 6.

Guys, a game is a like an interactive story. Once the story has ended, the game will end. They shouldn't just "make another game for the sake of a game". This is why sequals fail. Because the original never left enough story for a sequel...II haven't played WC3 campaign for years, but I can't remember how the story can continue. What is left unanswered?

Last edited:
Level 18
People talk about Warcraft 4 as if its definitely coming to come, sooner or later. With this logic there must be a Warcraft 5 and 6.

Guys, a game is a like an interactive story. Once the story has ended, the game will end. They shouldn't just "make another game for the sake of a game". This is why sequals fail. Because the original never left enough story for a sequel...II haven't played WC3 campaign for years, but I can't remember how the story can continue. What is left unanswered?

This is why you're wrong.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoYWdHe4tQ4

Level 13
Also i want to point out this....
Starcraft 1 was awesome,THE END.
for 12 years most of us didin't know anything about Starcraft 2 and thought it would be impossible to be out and stuff.
Still it came out and for me its better in all ways than its predecesor.
So why not trust blizz now with WC4?
Just Wait....

Rui

Rui

Level 41

Yes, but perhaps how much story there's left for a sequel is up to the author's creativeness. Some plots seem to just end without room for more, but what if a creative mind makes it so that there is, after all?

WarCraft III's story in particular wasn't a decisive end: what's going to happen now that Ner'zhul/Arthas regained his full strength? What will happen to Illidan? What's going to happen with all the High&Blood Elves still in Lordaeron? What's going to be their relationship with the Human Alliance and the Forsaken?
Admittedly, if you take it from the end of WoW, (wherever that is), I too would think there isn't much to go on.

The story can also be mostly unrelated. Your WarCraft I and II campaigns were mostly about Humans and Orcs beating the crap out of each other, the Undead and Night Elves were an all new addition.

Level 35

no. it really doesn't work like that.

there has been speculation of warcraft 4 for some time. that would be why people are talking about it as if it's definitely coming out. it's a little pre-emptive, but there's a bit of reasoning behind it.

reasoning that doesn't lead to 'OH, so THEREFORE warcraft FIVE and SIX are ALSO a thing, because SEQUELS come in THREES'

Status
Not open for further replies.