• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

About Warcraft 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
This idea is in my mind for a long time...
Warcraft 3 has been here for too long....
What about the next version? 4?
What will happen to the main version (3 TFT)
Mainly, what will happen to
178091-albums5176-picture57849.png
??????????????

Rui

Rui

Level 41
The resources will probably stay for people that keep modding wc3. If I had a say, I'd say give a selective cleanup to all the deleted and rejected resources to free up server space, but Ralle likes archives and records so =P

Icons don't take up that much space, so it's not a problem. Neither do most artistic resources, maps are what would clean up most server space.

Level 16
No, even when a map is rejected, the download link gets corrupted somehow, the only way is that the creator creates a pastebin or anything like it and provide the link to you, if you want to know how did i know for the 400 pages, orcnet told me

Last edited:
Level 16
If you want to adabt.... Start fast, i saw on a site where a worker from blizzard was talking about wrc 4 and he said the following;
Blizzard will make the wrc 4 after the next version of wow (the mist of pandaria) and then go back to work on wow, so basically the next thing which will come out from blizzard will be wrc4

Level 18
More fitting for Site Discussion perhaps?

Frankly, I too think it's too early to tell. Neither StarCraft II nor Diablo III have all their expansions out yet, so WarCraft 4, if it ever happens, is still roughly 10 years away.

I don't think it's 10 years away, first sc2 just needs 1 expansion before it has all exp packs out.

Also: Sc2 took 10 years in development (counting since sc1 got released) because they had to remake the engine like 2 times.

Right now sc2 is very computer consuming, so i doubt blizzard would use an engine more powerful than the one in sc2, i actually think they'll use the same engine but customized to fit wc3 and the editor will be a customized one with integrated GUI (final version of the editor).

Also it's very probable that they also allow more than 256 in map size since if it uses the same engine the computers in 5 years will be able to easily manage a 512x512 (like daow) map.

Level 18
Starcraft 2 is fresh out of the oven but there are about 30 resources total, how does that sound for the community?

That's because the Editor was (and still is very) confusing to most people while as the WarCraft 3 editor was rather easy to pick up at least in terms of making custom units, while Triggering in both SC2 and Wc3 took time. If Blizzard didn't drop their ball and break glass telling people to learn it themselves without Blizzard help (until much much later) then SC2's modding community would be much better.

Not to mention SC2mapster kind of took reigns for modding.

Level 14
oh... it's THAT topic again. Warcraft lore is torn and wore out like a 10 year old stinky sock... I would really prefer to see the so called Titan to be a fresh RTS on which to work in the future mapmaking communities.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
The topic wasn't about wc4 lore, else I'd have pointed the OP to the Wc4 thread I compiled last year. It's about Hive and an hypothetical future reception of wc4, thus why I said it's more fitting for Site Discussion. Seeing what happened with SC2, I am unsure if we can say it's too early.
Blizzard is juicing a lot of games at the moment and SC2:LotV, Diablo III expansions and this Titan MMO are in development. If they actually announce a wc4 in the meantime, it'll take them time to develop too, hence why I'm nearly certain less than 10 years is being too optimistic.

Level 3
I don't think Blizzard's going to ever make warcraft 4. Forgive me, but it's stupid to say THW will die because of warcraft 4. Its death is unevitable unless it expands on SC2, because, let's face it, WC3 is an old game, soon noone will play it; as it's being replaced by other games. Even WC3 DotA is getting replaced (HoN, LoL, DOTA 2). All we have to do is to decide what to do with the time that is given to us.

No, even when a map is rejected, the download link gets corrupted somehow, the only way is that the creator creates a pastebin or anything like it and provide the link to you, if you want to know how did i know for the 400 pages, orcnet told me

When a map is rejected, the file becomes unavailable and the "thread" becomes mod/author only. Correct me if I am mistaken.

You might be thinking of Deleted maps.

Level 30
I pray for Wc4.
I think it will look like Dota 2's grafics or something similar.

No I hope it won't end up like that, by a couple of years Dota 2's graphics will look low on some viewers. it takes years for the improvement of good graphics and control visualizations so 'if' Warcraft IV will really take place, we'll obviously see new stuff.

Level 13
also a new race
following the theme of kung-fu pandas and dapper wolfmen
WOW

WCIV is born WCIII is dead!..
I hope that won't happen, Much my friends doesn't like WC3.. they're more interested to another Game Online.. they look WC3 like some disgusting thing and let it be.. Mybe WC3 is an old game but think to try it first..
I will cry if WC3 is dead! T.T

Level 3
if only blizzard release wc4, what kind of thing that gonna be happen to this site?
is this site become wc4 modding site?

Status
Not open for further replies.