• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blizzard on Terror

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
My friends and I has been heard issue of warCraft 4 from long long ago.. (remembering warCraft III Frozen Throne are 2003) and it never publised even in 4 years, guess what happen??

THEY'RE AFRAID WARCRAFT 4 WILL NOT SOLDED PROPERLY COZ THAT DOTA TERROR BLIZZARD WITH THEIR EXISTENCE

Level 27
I dont get why blizzard doesnt try to knock DOTA out .. i mean if they are afraid now Wc4 wouldnt sell because of DOTA then they just knock DOTA out.. it would be realy easy for Blizzard to make a map that is much better and over the top (i mean they have people who made all those other maps, which where almost totaly unbugged and where running smoother then any other custom map). Blizzard is the master, they could beat DOTA if they would to couldnt they? .. but then yeah, the DOTA players wouldnt switch so fast to the other game .. (blizzard can also try to arrange tournaments with cash prizes :))

Level 25
I smell BS, illiteracy AND a complete and utter lack of knowledge about the way the world works

Cause you know, a single popular map can TOTALLY worry Blizzard to the point where they won't make something displays a lack of intelegence. A SEVERE lack of intelegence

Warcraft 4 won't be produced for a while. I'm not sure if you noticed, but there's this game called World of Warcraft which Blizzard are putting their attention into

Level 27
I've noticed that already .. thats the problem of them to.. if they didnt they could bring out wc4 but if they also did that they wouldnt have all the money from WoW and if they didnt have that money they couldnt be able to do anything else because they couldnt afford it .. im just saying that blizzard has the power to end it .. But they wont because they are to bussy anyway and theres no winning for them in it because they could lose thingies to WoW

Level 6
Yes, but Blizzard is a huge company, i think some people at Blizzard Entertainment are working on SOMETHING new. I don't know what, i don't know anything, but i hope it!

Level 7
Um... guys I don't understand word like: BS, illiteracy

Actually if you think more much what you will see is: yes, blizzard will not afraid with a map kind of DotA they can stomp it coz their new games "WarCraft 4" should be picked by most gamers

But in others way a very much of teenager generation (from age 6 and 2 years older than me) are playing DotA until fallin in love with it, everytime DotA, talking DotA, don't go to scholl for DotA, and put bet on DotA...

I dont get why blizzard doesnt try to knock DOTA out .. i mean if they are afraid now Wc4 wouldnt sell because of DOTA then they just knock DOTA out.. it would be realy easy for Blizzard to make a map that is much better and over the top (i mean they have people who made all those other maps, which where almost totaly unbugged and where running smoother then any other custom map). Blizzard is the master, they could beat DOTA if they would to couldnt they? .. but then yeah, the DOTA players wouldnt switch so fast to the other game .. (blizzard can also try to arrange tournaments with cash prizes :))

Ahem.
Dota is good for blizzard because it draws more people to play warcraft. It would only make it easier for people to buy warcraft 4 since it will eventually have it's own, better version of dota spreading in the custom games list...

Level 7
Wise answer, all of blizzard must to do is ally with DotA. Stop its version update for a while and launch the WarCraft 4 included DotA inside..

My heart now not burned with hatred to Dota for waiting War 4, thanks to kitabake

Level 25
BS: Bullshit. Basically, things that aren't true at all
Illiteracy: The lack of knowledge on how to read or write properly

Once again, I detect the two in this topic

Now, seeing as there are so many blind sheep in this topic, I must regretfully inform you that Blizzard is NOT worried about DotA. Blizzard doesn't give a DAMN about DotA. DotA will have NO interferance on when or how Blizzard release Warcraft 4

How you could even BELIEVE that a single map has the power to influence the decisions of entire companies is beyond me

DotA is merely popular now. It WILL fall in due time, like all things do, when a better alternative comes out

Some random person will make a DotA for the next Warcraft RTS game, and people will move to that

Or more likely, the next game will be the long awaited Starcraft 2, and there'll be a much better AoS game on there, which people will flock to, making DotA a thing of the past as a new map rises to take its place

Level 7
Mecheon your signature was right, once you talk you're always right, better close this thread right now, I can't hold anymore

Level 7
Mecheon's got a point, remember pokemon? It used to be the only thing talked about, but it's pretty much dead now.

Same goes for DBZ, although the creator is trying to milk it for every last penny. (The MMO that's coming out.)

Level 36
Yes, but unlike Pokemon, DotA isn't just a crazy fad... it's proven itself over and over again and people aren't just playing it because everyone else is. But that's besides the point. Warcraft 4 has absolutely nothing at all to do with DotA. You know why? Blizzard is never going to make a Warcraft 4 because WoW is all Blizzard needs. Blizzard does not give a DAMN about making another Warcraft RTS when they can make billions by putting out another WoW expansion. Thus, Blizzard will just keep focusing on WoW, and that will be all, no Warcraft 4.

Level 7
Wtf I dont think BLIZZ are scared of DotA, anyways yes, BLIZZARD are concentrating on WoW more, us WoWers would not like to be bored and quit WoW. Anyways what would wc4 be about?

''LOLOLOL WE R SIN'DOREI AND WERE ABOUT TO PWN DE SCOURGE LOLOLOLOL! LORE! LOL! LOL! HAHA WERE TOTALLY SPACE PIRATES! HAHA LOLS WHERE ON A DEATHWISH AND GONNA KEEL ARTHAS!'' /cough

When the NEXT WoW expansion could be more like this:

''Hai, /greet, oh btw, yes?, Kill Arthas/Azshara(it depends...;P) ok, thanks!''

*Whilst at the raid they all get killed in about what? a few seconds*Besides WoW is much fun than warcraft IMO. Brad is right, there will be no Warcraft 4, but more WoW expansions :).

Level 36
I'd pay hundreds of dollars for a WC4 over another WoW expansion. I so infinitely prefer WC3 to WoW that it isn't even funny. Sure I play WoW, I have a level 38 Warrior, but I have thousands of hours logged in WC3 and less then 200 logged in WoW. Tells you something about my preference doesn't it...

Level 7
Heh, but what would wc4 be about if BLIZZ where to make it? ofcourse theres Azshara and Arthas, but they'd fit into WoW as last raid bosses and not ''zomg keel arthas and liek prepare a base nap!'' campaign maps.

*off topic* Warriors suck. Why not rerole as something else that might be more fun for you?

Level 9
Damn WoW

WoW has ruined our chances of another Kalimdor/Outland/Lorderon based Warcraft RTS.
I mean whats there to do? They've made and exploited the whole of Azeroth? Every mission would have to look exactly like the terrain in WoW or the little WoW adicts would Riot...
Stupid WoW,
May Warcraft 3 : The Frozen Throne last for ever!
And i heard something about Diablo 3? Yay! Another RPG! :sad:

Level 8
The whole concept of this thread is flawed. Do you honestly think, that if a Wc4 was released, that IceFrog and all those DotA elitists wouldn't move over to it? They'd simply create a new version to be compatible with the new game.

In all honesty, I'd love to see some Blizz Dev Team employee publicly state, "Yes, we're afraid of a bunch of 11 year olds, so we won't release the new game."

For what it counts, I think WoW is terrible, especially in comparison to Wc3.

Sure, it's addictive. So is Pong.

Level 9
If blizzard spent 3 seconds considering weather dota will inpact Warcraft 4, i would start playing CS >.<
Dota is so boring to me... Its just played so many times! Someone needs to put Dota down like the sick dog it is... Stupid IceFrog, gets me into war3 modding and then ruins it 4 me!

Level 27
(it could me be me first playing the all-ruling War3 before i played starcraft but..) i think starcraft rly sux i dont know what people see in it =/

And well, i only replied on what Coolsofar was saying. Hey dude where you got the information from then? .. but i just thought 'why not' because DOTA already made me surprized by organizing cash prize tournaments. and yeah WoW is there so i think no War4 because 'Why?' they already continue the story and because they already are totaly RAPING the story with all the WoW thingies to make it 'Balanced' and shit we are just TOTALY screwed if they would release War4? the story will be a complete mess! acctualy yeah where was i with my head when going so serious about such a stupid thing.

I just wanna say, if blizzard creates War4 they will need to stop WoW and they will never do that. no war4. the end.

Level 7
and If they was going to make wc4(which will be never) what would it be about? Theres Arthas and Azshara but...alas they make the perfect end-raid bosses on WoW, and slaying them in wc4 would make things...all wrong IMO, because if they are killed there won't be an idea for WoW, and if theres no WoW people will quit.

Level 7
Each week Blizzard must make new update for the WoW, Blizzard must know if they are an LAN Game Organization not ONLINE Game...
WarCraft and StarCraft, I miss the old life of playing melee and custom map together with my friends that now playing WoW, shall we make the WarCraft 4 ourself??

Level 9
Good luck

My friends only play Dota and WoW, bloody adicts >.<
Good luck with makeing warcraft 4 :smile:
LoL...

Level 7
Kixer, no one can make an WarCraft 4...

Why don't all of hive member make an WarCraft 4?? We will be the first understand how to make a map with it, we will conquer all War 4 world... Any1 know how to make a such game like WarCraft??

We surely must take an permission from Ralle and help from the greatness... DAMN!! THIS IS AN STUPID DREAM, CLOSE THREAD ANYTIME YOU WANT ADMINS

Level 7
I'd pay hundreds of dollars for a WC4 over another WoW expansion. I so infinitely prefer WC3 to WoW that it isn't even funny. Sure I play WoW, I have a level 38 Warrior, but I have thousands of hours logged in WC3 and less then 200 logged in WoW. Tells you something about my preference doesn't it...
Agreed with every word you said...

WoW FTL

Level 36
Wow, you're a REALLY old member lol. Welcome, and thanks for your opinions. WoW isn't perfect, I know, and they keep screwing things up, and then trying to fix it again but failing, and then screwing something else up, but all of this screwing up and attempted-fixing is taking up the time and money of the Blizzard Devs, and the other Devs are probably all hard at work on a new expansion or patch.

This doesn't leave much room for a WC4 does it?

And by focus, we mean how, for example, the Xbox 360 is now Microsoft's focus, and they have discontinued the original Xbox... Change Xbox 360 with WoW and WC3 with the original Xbox, and bam, that's our situation.

Level 14
Wow, you're a REALLY old member lol. Welcome, and thanks for your opinions. WoW isn't perfect, I know, and they keep screwing things up, and then trying to fix it again but failing, and then screwing something else up, but all of this screwing up and attempted-fixing is taking up the time and money of the Blizzard Devs, and the other Devs are probably all hard at work on a new expansion or patch.

This doesn't leave much room for a WC4 does it?

And by focus, we mean how, for example, the Xbox 360 is now Microsoft's focus, and they have discontinued the original Xbox... Change Xbox 360 with WoW and WC3 with the original Xbox, and bam, that's our situation.
Be careful... Alfreds bite ^_^

Level 7
Alfreds really old isn't it?? Even it's only 80 post he has... What you do for last 4 years??
Anyway.. When hive opened?? 2002??

Level 14
Alfreds really old isn't it?? Even it's only 80 post he has... What you do for last 4 years??
Anyway.. When hive opened?? 2002??
Yes, he is very old, like 90 years old lol

Alfred didn't ever care about hive... he was a very old wc3search and wc3campaigns member (skilled modeler)... and after some events on wc3c he turned his back on warcraft 3 and started playing WoW...

Level 7
He's the second member from Search

Oh, and Warcraft 4 will happen eventually. But beforehand, there will be Starcraft 2, seeing as Warcraft has gotten excessive love in the last few years
Mecheon, I'm sorry to tell you, but Warcraft 4 will not happen. Blizzard will just continue the Warcraft storyline in WoW.

Level 6
My friends and I has been heard issue of warCraft 4 from long long ago.. (remembering warCraft III Frozen Throne are 2003) and it never publised even in 4 years, guess what happen??

THEY'RE AFRAID WARCRAFT 4 WILL NOT SOLDED PROPERLY COZ THAT DOTA TERROR BLIZZARD WITH THEIR EXISTENCE

You sure got a special way of putting words together....but DOTA...i never played WC3....and i quit WoW 1 month ago...CSS ftw!

So i have no idea what dota ios but it sounds like some emo cult.

Last edited:
Level 36
Why did you even bother to join a WC3 mapping community if you don't and have never played WC3.... THAT might explain why you seem to be so useless all the time, and why you spam a lot, because you can't contribute to any of the discussions going on about the game! of course... so simple...

Level 7
/pwned

Why did you even bother to join a WC3 mapping community if you don't and have never played WC3.... THAT might explain why you seem to be so useless all the time, and why you spam a lot, because you can't contribute to any of the discussions going on about the game! of course... so simple...

Brad just attacked and now I must hide in the shadows, yes why did I even bother to join a WC3 mapping community if I have played WC3, oops wrong person, Ok I must leave the thread, Im out of words.../cry

Status
Not open for further replies.