• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A Problem with a Map-Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello everyone, I´m a german mapper who just joined this site ´cause I need help. (Maybe this isn´t the right thread for my problem, but... well I don´t know where to put it^^)
First of all, my map is RPG-based and what I tested before worked properly. Its size is 468 x 468. At the moment it has 3,8 Mb.
Now, my very first problem is that the map isn´t shown as playable when I wanna open it in Warcraft III.
Well, I found a solution for this. When I clicked at the "Test Map"-Button, suddenly I could play the map (it´s shown in the folder "Test")

But this isn´t the real problem at all.
After some time, I want to start the map through the Test-Folder. The day before, it worked fine. I just made a little church-like place in the southwest of the map. But now, whenever it finishes loading, there appears the following error:

FATAL ERROR!

Program: c:\program files\warcraft iii\war3.exe
Exception: 0xC000005 (ACCESS_VIOLATION) at 0023:6F742847

The instruction at '0x6F742847' referenced memory at '0x1E0900010'.
The memory could not be 'read'.

Well, we (a friend of mine and me) tried several things to find a solution.
First of all, we checked the triggers and objects and so on.
Then we made another map with the same size as the not working map. We copied the terrain, the objects, triggers ... in the new map but in the end, it doesn´t work either.

So... can someone help me find a solution for this problem? I hope I explained it properly and my english doesn´t lack too much in grammar or something else ;)

Level 16
Moin moin =)

Welcome to hive (saw you just register here for a short time ) - hope you have a good time here =)

To your problem: It's better when you send the map to someone (that you trust), because those errors can happen because anything, so it's hard to say here, what need to be fixed

Wegen deinem Problem: Wäre besser wenn du wem die Map mal schickst, den son Fehler kann im grunde durch alles und jedes entstehen. Deswegen kann auch keiner wirklich helfen, weil es einfach zu viele Ursachen dafür geben kann

Greetings
~ The Bomb King > Dr. Boom

Level 6
Allright I had the same problem once and everything I tried failed.
But suddenly after reinstalling Wc3 it worked again.
So if there is nothing you can do about, then try at least reinstalling.

Level 5
Try to make the map smaller or lower the graphic intensity of that church area, etc. Sometimes, when the map file too large, it will say that because your computer doesnt have enough memory to proccess the whole thing.

For the issue about not being able to see it in WC3, try renaming the file name to shorter. Sometimes, if the filename is too long, warcraft wont show it in the custom maps directory.

Level 12
Check your units and their abilities. Once it happened to me because I added the "Devour" ability to some units without adding the "cargo space" ability along. Other abilities with the same problem are "load unit" for transport units or safe buildings. I don't remember alot more since the last time i opened the editor was 4 years ago.

Level 2
Well, thank you everyone for your answers^^
First of all: We already tried to reduce the file size but it didn´t work.
And well, we hadn´t made much abilitys either. But that may be a point never the less.
But the problem doesn´t depend on Warcraft 3 because a friend of mine checked the map too and he reinstalled WC3. Well, you can imagine how it has ended up^^
But thanks to all your advices.^^ I´ll instantly try everything that might be a possible solution. ;)

Edit: Thank you, VestriDeus. Now the map appears where I saved it^^ It really had a too long name^^

Status
Not open for further replies.