• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Crash] Strange Fatal Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
So I'm running my test map, and at about 640 seconds in I get this:

This application has encountered a critical error:

Not enough storage is available to process this command.

Program: c:\program files (x86)\warcraft iii\War3.exe
File: .\Instance.cpp
Line: 432

I've looked up this storage problem, and I've come up with several reasons this may occur:
1. My WC3 is broken
2. My computer does not have enough memory
3. I'm running too many other memory intensive programs

However, I was testing this with a friend and at the same time we both crashed and got the same error message.

Attachments

• GravitySimulatorCollision1.0.w3x
    24.7 KB · Views: 46
Level 23
from analizing your map you have some serious leak or you are creating thousands of units

Until the units were on map the ram usage was pretty stable, 105 mb at most, when they left the memory was increasing by around 3k/sec but I wasnt going to wait for my ram to get filled up.

Maybe its the Trail function, even tho I didnt see anything enabling/calling it, it is creating sentry wards for player very rapidly(every 0,5 second 2 wards)

Level 20
The script is quite long and complex.

Is some event specific related to the crashing? I mean, if you just stand there, it crash after 640 sconds?

War3 crashes when it reaches it's memory cap (I'm not sure if it's 2gb or 4gb) But in a decent coded game with good leak taking-care-of it should never go above 500mb. Infinite loops are commonly related to this issue.

As edo494 stated... The only thing i see that's really harmfull are the trail units. Creating 4 units per second means about 2560 units after the 640 seconds you stated initially. That's fairly enough to crash the map.

Level 23
The script is quite long and complex.

Is some event specific related to the crashing? I mean, if you just stand there, it crash after 640 sconds?

War3 crashes when it reaches it's memory cap (I'm not sure if it's 2gb or 4gb) But in a decent coded game with good leak taking-care-of it should never go above 500mb. Infinite loops are commonly related to this issue.

infinite loops will crash your game without warning or error message

also last time I tried, the game crashed saying I didnt have disk in my cd drive when the memory reached 1,6 GB

I dont know, thats how it went for me, it may speed up as time goes

edit: trial is not leaking one

Level 20
@edo494: It gives me errors because of memory usage limit. Maybe i'm just lucky and my war3 likes me enough to tell me why it crashed :D

I tested and noticed that the RAM starts to increase by ~2.6mb/sec when both units (peon and footman) have already left the map. Before that it increases "normally" i guess by the ward creation and unit movement. Maybe because the system keeps trying to create the dummyes outside the map limits

Level 8
I seem to have isolated the cause to the "collision_loop" function in the Run Trigger. Now to look into it. The trail trigger was really for me to see if the units orbit each other, not for the collision I'm testing now, so you can disregard it.

Status
Not open for further replies.