• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fatal Error?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Its me again :p So i tested my map and everything as far as i got, is running smoothly. When i terminated the map though ( closed warcraft III) I got a fatal error

This application has encountered a critical error:

FATAL ERROR!

Program: c:\program files\warcraft iii\War3.exe
Exception: 0xC0000005 _ACCESS VIOLATION) at 001B:6F3D2BF-4

The instruction at '0x6F3D2BF4' referenced memory at '0x0E574C88'.

Press OK to terminate the application.

This is jibberish to me. I'm pretty sure my map did this. Any solututions?

Level 18
My first clue (since the text itself already contains 'referenced memory') is that you lack memory space on your computer. This is not the space on your hard disc. To free some memory, you should close as much programs running at that moment as possible. This includes the programs in the System Tray (lower-right corner).

Level 13
Mh did it occur once?

That's more or less the normal wc3 crash explenation...
Whenever warcraft crashes this or a smiliar error shows...

If it happened only once just forget about it...

To Avator:

Mh warcraft has only a limited access to the ram memory... it can only use 2 gb ram^^ (which is in fact more than it can use...)

Level 34
CrueIIntentions,

I advise you to upload (via Attachments or Pastbin but not the Maps section!) your map here and let us try it out, if ours crashes too, the problem's with the map. If it's not, it's something with your computer.

Level 9
CrueIIntentions,

I advise you to upload (via Attachments or Pastbin but not the Maps section!) your map here and let us try it out, if ours crashes too, the problem's with the map. If it's not, it's something with your computer.

The map is currently not finished yet. If you want, pm me and i can let you see the map, but again, its not even close to being done.

Status
Not open for further replies.