• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Can't Finish Loading, Game Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Whenever i fire up the game, i get a FATAL ERROR.
Specifically:
c:\program files\warcraft iii\War3.exe
Exception: 0x0000005 (ACCESS_VIOLATION) at 001B:6F4CD004

The instruction at "0x6F4CD004" referenced memory at '0x00000020".
The memory could not be 'read'.

Press OK to terminate the application.

Level 4
Neither

When the game is starting and it is loading, that is when it crashes it's my own map.

I had recreated the map and imported everything back, but i only got to play it 4 times before the fatal eror returned

Last edited:
Level 4
Check all your triggers that run at map initilization and look for something wrong with them. EG For loop and codes not inside the loop, Variables set to non existent arrays, Actions are not compatible with the Map Initialization Event, etc.

When i had this problem (almost exact same error If not the same one) it was because i had a loop that didnt have the code in it. Hope you can fix your problem :(

Level 4
wait you can play it but i cant?
the map is still crashing for me. maybe it isnt the map, if i had my cd keys, i'd try reinstalling wc3, but since i dont, i'll reboot my comp
what's so different about ur comp?

Level 4
ok, this was one huge careless and sort of stupid thing to do but,

the map you have was not the one that did notwork,
and because i hadnt noticed this, i decided to try deleting my version of the map that didnt work and upload the version of it that you said worked (the one you have, is before the fatal error started occuring)
so, i deleted the one with the fatal error(real one) in order to upload the one that i uploaded unto the website.

i hate mornings

lol, after working on the map that didnt give me a fatal error for about an hour, it starts giving me one. me = fml ^ 1,000,000,000

Last edited:
Level 4
oh, i'm sorry dude. i've figured it out. there was a map a while back that i used a custom text type. i used it as a template and i deleted it.
deleting that file messed everything up for that map and putting it back in fixed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.