• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

We Have a Problem (Crash)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anybody tell me what the heck this means? Every time I try to test my map it loads 1/3 of the way and then has the following fatal error

FATAL ERROR!

Program: c:\program files (x86)\warcraftiii\War3.exe
Exception: 0xC0000005 (ACCESS_VIOLATION) at 0023:0264C504

The instruction at '0x0264C504' referenced memory at 0x00000020'.
The memory could not be 'read'.

Press OK to terminate the application.

This continues even after I deleted everything that I had added since it started. Any ideas? Rep for all who help.

Level 23
open warcraft 3 folder, open error folder and find the one that happened to you(the name of the folder is the date it happened) and attach it here

Simillar error happened to me when I tried to initialize global rect in globals block to GetWorldBounds(), that for instance crashes the map second time you load it(first time it will load)

Level 14
Because RAW codes have 4 digits I assume these Pv's are RAW codes, you just have to find out which ones they are.

To see RAW codes you can press control + d inside the object editor.

bPvz can be a buff for all I know :/ The others: I have no idea man...

Level 14
Ok it appears I have stumped the experts. Fortunately I was only 30 minutes of development into my map, so I'll just avoid trying to write my own code again :p. (I did notice that it happened after I used code to remove a point variable. I may have written it slightly wrong, and blown it all up) Thanks anyways.

Highly unlikely that this would happen. If you could send the map I might be abled to checkout why this happens and fix it for you but that's all up to you ofc.
Although... If it's not too much work for you to revert back to an older version I suggest doing that instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.