1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

We Have a Problem (Crash)

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by BallisticTerrain, Nov 10, 2012.

1. BallisticTerrain

BallisticTerrain

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Can anybody tell me what the heck this means? Every time I try to test my map it loads 1/3 of the way and then has the following fatal error

FATAL ERROR!

Program: c:\program files (x86)\warcraftiii\War3.exe
    Exception: 0xC0000005 (ACCESS_VIOLATION) at 0023:0264C504

The instruction at '0x0264C504' referenced memory at 0x00000020'.
    The memory could not be 'read'.

Press OK to terminate the application.

This continues even after I deleted everything that I had added since it started. Any ideas? Rep for all who help.

2. edo494

edo494

Resources:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    open warcraft 3 folder, open error folder and find the one that happened to you(the name of the folder is the date it happened) and attach it here

Simillar error happened to me when I tried to initialize global rect in globals block to GetWorldBounds(), that for instance crashes the map second time you load it(first time it will load)

3. BallisticTerrain

BallisticTerrain

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Here

Attached Files:

4. Hashjie

Hashjie

Resources:
    Resources:
    You might want to checkout this tutorial:

http://www.thehelper.net/threads/crash-logs.131227/

In your case I can only identify Pv being faulty as in:

mPvz, bPvz, QmPv

Not quite sure what kind of RAW codes these are though. I haven't seen them before.

Maybe Pv stands for Private? I don't know I'm just guessing in the dark here :/

5. BallisticTerrain

BallisticTerrain

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    I looked at the tutorial, thanks for showing it to me. However, like you said, this makes no sense. Also, how could you tell pv was the faulty one?

EDIT: I think pv might mean present value, but I have no idea what to do with that.

6. Hashjie

Hashjie

Resources:
    Resources:
    Because RAW codes have 4 digits I assume these Pv's are RAW codes, you just have to find out which ones they are.

To see RAW codes you can press control + d inside the object editor.

bPvz can be a buff for all I know :/ The others: I have no idea man...

7. BallisticTerrain

BallisticTerrain

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Ok it appears I have stumped the experts. Fortunately I was only 30 minutes of development into my map, so I'll just avoid trying to write my own code again :p. (I did notice that it happened after I used code to remove a point variable. I may have written it slightly wrong, and blown it all up) Thanks anyways.

8. Hashjie

Hashjie

Resources:
    Resources:
    Highly unlikely that this would happen. If you could send the map I might be abled to checkout why this happens and fix it for you but that's all up to you ofc.
    Although... If it's not too much work for you to revert back to an older version I suggest doing that instead.

9. WaterKnight

WaterKnight

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The jass code does not even load before half of the bar. It is probably an object editor error. Without the map we can only guess though.