1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Wc3 Fatal Error

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by lolzinyoface, Jul 28, 2009.

1. lolzinyoface

lolzinyoface

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just recently I have began to see this error more common in my map that i have created. heres the full details

Program: c:\program files\warcraft iii\war3.exe
    Exception: 0xc0000005 (access_violation) at 001B:6F128C27

The instruction at '0x6F128C27' referenced memory at '0x00000000'
    The memory could not be 'read'/

Press OK to terminate the application.

What causes this?

My understanding is that one of my triggers are causing this, and i wonder if anyone is able to read that error and decrypt it for me or find something that helps me solve it.

2. apocalypse_dude

apocalypse_dude

Resources:
    Resources:
    U should check your map foor endless loops where one trigger runs another that will run the first again and so on
    or
    For invalid actions like you set a player to a variable and then use the variable for doing stuff with the player. If that variable gets 0 or bigger then 16 it will crash

You will have to observe when it crashes to see which triggers are active and then u will have to search
    happy (bug)hunting !

3. DarkAngelAzazel

DarkAngelAzazel

Resources:
    Resources:
    hmm does your wc3 start lagging before crashing?

That may be caused by an endless loop. (never changing conditions OR (that happend to me) 2 regions and 2 triggers which move the unit to the other region)

as the apocalypse guy said it could also be the player number function.

same tip as he gave you. First try to see WHEN the game crashed.
    If that doesn't help deactivate ALL triggers and test each of them.

4. Saia_Djinn

Saia_Djinn

Resources:
    Resources:
    another possibility is that you divide by zero anywhere which will also attempt in a crash

5. lolzinyoface

lolzinyoface

Resources:
    Resources:
    Here was my problem. In case anyone was wondering.

I had an item i named Potion of Mirror image (contained 2 Charges)

Upon using the 2nd charge the game would crash, why? I dono.
    My solution? I made the item unperishable.

Notes:
    When you drop an item which causes a illusion while your illusion is still active, the illusion disappears, why? I dono.

Since doing this my crashes have stopped.

6. P-Exodus

P-Exodus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Endless loops or dividing by 0 won't cause a fatal error themself. You can easily test this. When this happens somewhere in your code, just the current thread (trigger) won't be executed past the point, where the loop or the dividing by 0 occured.