• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wc3 Fatal Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Just recently I have began to see this error more common in my map that i have created. heres the full details

Program: c:\program files\warcraft iii\war3.exe
Exception: 0xc0000005 (access_violation) at 001B:6F128C27

The instruction at '0x6F128C27' referenced memory at '0x00000000'
The memory could not be 'read'/

Press OK to terminate the application.

What causes this?

My understanding is that one of my triggers are causing this, and i wonder if anyone is able to read that error and decrypt it for me or find something that helps me solve it.

Level 7
U should check your map foor endless loops where one trigger runs another that will run the first again and so on
or
For invalid actions like you set a player to a variable and then use the variable for doing stuff with the player. If that variable gets 0 or bigger then 16 it will crash

You will have to observe when it crashes to see which triggers are active and then u will have to search
happy (bug)hunting !

Level 13
hmm does your wc3 start lagging before crashing?

That may be caused by an endless loop. (never changing conditions OR (that happend to me) 2 regions and 2 triggers which move the unit to the other region)

as the apocalypse guy said it could also be the player number function.

same tip as he gave you. First try to see WHEN the game crashed.
If that doesn't help deactivate ALL triggers and test each of them.

Level 5
Here was my problem. In case anyone was wondering.

I had an item i named Potion of Mirror image (contained 2 Charges)

Upon using the 2nd charge the game would crash, why? I dono.
My solution? I made the item unperishable.

Notes:
When you drop an item which causes a illusion while your illusion is still active, the illusion disappears, why? I dono.

Since doing this my crashes have stopped.

Level 7
Endless loops or dividing by 0 won't cause a fatal error themself. You can easily test this. When this happens somewhere in your code, just the current thread (trigger) won't be executed past the point, where the loop or the dividing by 0 occured.

Status
Not open for further replies.