• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A Gallery of Anarchy... AND BEDLAM!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

They'll probably make a converter at some point, so you might as well make it in any other standard format I guess.

Level 26
So, ive been working on a new PUMA model recently. And since i suck at texturing and since ingame textures SUCK. ive decided to just fuck it and start making shit-high-poly models to show detail.

this is going to be a super high poly PUMA, im going to put a lot of bones in it, give it lots of cool animations. Hope ya like it, The jeep part of it is pretty much done i just need to put the driver, gunner and grenadier in it now. Its all in milkshape right now, so hell, who knows? I may put this in sc2 if someone makes a converter/exporter script.

Anywho. You can kind of see how ive progressed over these 2 crazy years here at the hive.

models_6035_screenshot.jpg

55939d1243757000-gallery-anarchy-bedlam-untitled-374.jpg

VERSION 3.0
attachment.php
PUMA MARK3.PNG

Version 3.0 still uses ingame textures. Ive always loved the bubble/dome windshield on the Halo:Warthog, but for all intents and purposes, its an incredibly stupid and impractical design. windshield wipers would be impossible and such a shape would limit visibility significantly. Ya, i know it has a crazy huge engine block popping out of the hood. with the v8 pistons and the huge butterfly air manifold. But you know what? Fuck it, it looks awesome. Still has the warthog-esq big doughnut-tires and tow winch in front. When i finish it, its going to have 3 passengers. Someone driving, someone on the machine gun, and someone in the passenger seat with either a rocket launcher or a shotgun... iono which yet.

Anywho, hope ya guys like it... i certainly loved working on it. hopefully i can finish this and red shift's halftrack soon.

Last edited:
Level 13
dis luks rly gud, an et es nrly laik a wartog frm halo 1 an 2 an 3.
Lol kidding. But it looks really good, epic nice infact :)

Level 26
ALSO! i forgot to mention
attachment.php

you can see the rear suspension.

Supposedly, its a Diesel Electric hybrid. V8 rear-drive diesel engine with a normal axel/suspension in the back. And then it also has a large flat battery stack under the machine gunner, the flatbed area. The diesel engine can be turned off and the Battery can power two individual motors for the front-wheel drive, individual-free-floating suspension. So you can drive it rear-diesel for more power/torque or the front-electric for a silent/stealth ride. The diesel can also recharge the battery stack.

A very versatile reconnaissance vehicle

Level 9
Hey, is the Puma 2.0 up for download? Because I've still got the old one that wasn't all that great. Also, awesome models!

Level 22
Don't you think having each of the two legs on the Predator moving at the same time looks tacky, it looks a bit unrealistic; much like a tank with two barrels firing them both at once xD. Make it have a slight delay in between the time that each set of two legs move.

Supposedly, its a Diesel Electric hybrid. V8 rear-drive diesel engine with a normal axel/suspension in the back. And then it also has a large flat battery stack under the machine gunner, the flatbed area. The diesel engine can be turned off and the Battery can power two individual motors for the front-wheel drive, individual-free-floating suspension. So you can drive it rear-diesel for more power/torque or the front-electric for a silent/stealth ride. The diesel can also recharge the battery stack.

A very versatile reconnaissance vehicle

Um....that seems like a lot of work for a vehicle that has a life span of mere minutes. The steam tank "box" design is far more resource efficient.

Level 49
The Deal cinematic from SC2(where Tychus gets his armor) is most definitely not the 'construction sequence' for most marines. For one, his armor is being bolted into him. Didn't you hear Mengsk talk? He clearly says - 'this armor shall be your new prison'. I'm pretty sure for most in-duty marines, it's a lot faster and easier.

Level 19
The Deal cinematic from SC2(where Tychus gets his armor) is most definitely not the 'construction sequence' for most marines. For one, his armor is being bolted into him. Didn't you hear Mengsk talk? He clearly says - 'this armor shall be your new prison'. I'm pretty sure for most in-duty marines, it's a lot faster and easier.

But when blizzard first released the cinematic, they stated how they wanted us to think that if creating a marine was that epic, imagine the battlecruiser. Not exactly those words, but..

Level 26
Update, Im optimizing stuff, removing polies and moving some stuff around. Wheels are octagons now instead of decagons, different headlights, removed the moving pistons (pistons aren't visible there on real cars >.> anyway ), changed the supercharger's blower, different belt wheels and a lot of unseen faces removed. Shaman said it needed a grill too.

comments? suggestions?

attachment.php

PUMA mk4.png

oh and yes, I KNOW it says anarchy on it. that's just a placeholder, because without ANARCHY there it just looks really boring. i want some text there, but i cant find any ingame textures that are helpful for that. Ill probably end up trying to make a very low poly text saying ANARCHY or COBRA or something.

OH! and yes, the gears will be transparent filtered so you can see the gear's "teeth" without that white background.

Level 9
Hey anarchianbedlam, you have so many cool models, and you haven't uploaded them yet, any plans too? The ones I'm awaiting are the Mjolnir Siege Tank and Warcraft Viking.

Some of your models put Blizzard to shame their so good. :grin:

Also a couple of your models are missing icons, any plans to make icons for them? (specifically I'm referring to the Tempest and Prowler)

Just wondering,

But all together one hell of a gallery for we unwashed masses to gaze upon and drool over... lol

Regards,

Jake

Last edited:
Level 26
Well, its been a fucking eternity since I've updated this thread. So i brought the first post up to date with all my finished models and a few models to work on, reorganized it a bit. Hopefully I'll keep this thread updated more regularly. I do intend on finishing that puma model this summer. Hopefully i can get the morphing tank and morphing plane knocked out too. My eternal projects. anyway, hope ya'll enjoy lookin' at 'em

Status
Not open for further replies.