• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Project Bedlam (Working Title)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Project Bedlam (Working Title)
chaos: a state of extreme confusion and disorder

Hey Hive.

I've had the Beta for a couple of weeks now and I've produced and alpha of a Top Down Shooter. I'll give you the rundown.

Gameplay:
At the moment I'm limited to six player free for all, though I would like to include team gametypes.
Random weapons spawn at places in the map and you can swap them for your starting weapons (Assault Rifle and Dart Pistol). The moment there is no reason to weapon spawning so you are as likely to see a Magnum as a Rocket Launcher
You have 3 grenades per life.
You have 150 health, health does not regenerate, I may add health restore points, either as a WC3 "Fountain of Health" type zone or as pickups.
Weapons have varying ammo and reload times but is usually more effective to swap to your secondary weapon than reload.

Controls:
Left click to shoot.
WASD movement.
Q to pickup weapon
Middle click to throw grenade
Right click to swap weapon.

Weapons:
Dart Pistol
Magnum
Shrapnel Gun

Assault Rifle
Thermal Rifle
Pulsar
Needle Pipe
Burster

Sniper
Rauncher (Rocket Launcher)

Arenas:
Only the testing arena at the moment

The Future:
During the time the Beta is closed I hope to make a physics system where grenades and weapons will knock objects (and players?) around and cause damage. I'm also going to improve the UI and a scoring system and the abillity to have your stats such KD and killing sprees saved to a bank.

Ive made a Youtube video demonstrating some weapons and the UI so far.

This map is published as Project Bedlam and I would love it if people would play it as the popularity system means its very difficult to get people to join, (you could add meas a friend then we could play that way) If anyone has any suggestions or wants to make some Arenas for me then just post a reply.

Edit: Oh and heres my map if you want to take a look at the triggering, any comments on trigger efficiency would be appreciated, especially as mine is a map with multiple projectiles (although it runs fine single player no matter how many projectiles I fire).

Attachments

• Test1.SC2Map
    238.6 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.