• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[PROJECT] Marine Warfare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Marine Warfare

So Im finally beginning to understand galaxy editor so its a good time to start a project.

Basic info:

• Style: AoS
  • Players: 5v5
  • Map size 208x128

Gameplay:

Every player starts with a single unit. You buy weapons/equipment and head into the battlefield.

The game is going to be really fast paced. You can choose from over 20 unique weapons and equipment, which allows you to creat huge amount of different combinations.

There will be 4 slots for weapons and 2-4 slots for equipment. Weapons mostly have active abilities that are used for killing/trapping your opponent. Equipment will mostly have passive abilities that allow you to survive from the fierce battle.

Planned Weapons:

• Pistol - Simple projictle weapon, fast cooldown
  • Shotgun - shoots multiple rounds in large arc
  • Static generator - Collects energy while you move. More energy, more damage
  • Grenade - Simple area damage weapon
  • Flaming Grenade - Puts the ground on fire, igniting everyone who touches the flames
  • Grasshopper - Bouncing Grenade
  • Rocket Launcher - Long range weapon
  • Sniper riffle - Long range weapon, long cooldown, casting time, big damage

Planned Equipment

• Medpack - Passive ability, heals unit when low on health
  • Regen boost
  • Armor boost

Progress

The map is still pretty much in development stage. This map is somewhat similar to the map portals that I made in wc3, I just removed portals and add some new stuff.

So far I have made inventory system that Im going to use in the map and made some spells that will be also be usefull.

If you got ideas for the map or think something should be changed, pls let me know. Nothing is decided yet. The map size might be too small for 5 players, then again I might make it only 4v4 or 3v3. The weapons should be something unique, that they dont get boring.

I was also thinking that equipment could have permanent slots that you could upgrade your suit so you can have 8+ upgrades for your suit, instead of selling, buying things....

*if someone wants to work in this project, I might be needing a skilled terrainer.

Inventory system:
attachment.php

Testing spells:

Attachments

• tirgrs.JPG
    tirgrs.JPG
    23.9 KB · Views: 476
Level 13
The map testing of combo arena will be at 16.00 GMT, EU area.

If you want to join. Throw me you char name and code with pm.
3 players will be able to join first test. If you want to test, I also hope you will give some feedback about the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.