• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Multiple instances of a weapon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Using a system where all weapons are derived from equipped items and it's possible for certain classes to dual wield, is there a way to make two instances of the same weapon work in tandem on one unit, or would I have to make a main and off hand version of every single weapon? The latter seems like such a headache I want to be sure there's no simple solution I'm overlooking.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
If 2 of the same weapon is equipped you could double his attack speed. This would have the same result as 2 weapons firing in parallel as long as the weapon speed is < 8 attacks per second.

If wasted shots is a problem due to missile travel time, consider giving the missiles re-targeting.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
It is important to note that weapons are limited to firing 1 shot a game frame (16 shots per game second). Doubling attack speed for dual wielding will only work if a single weapon shoots at most 8 shots per game second since anything more and it will become limited by the weapon fire rate of one attack per frame and so not deal twice as much damage per unit time (hit twice as much). If you have a fast shooting weapon such as one representing a machine gun you might want to lower attack speed but make each attack shoot multiple shots (like the Thor's AA missiles).

Level 9
or having a snd invisible dummy unit for the 2nd weapon which triggers actor events on the main unit every time it attacks.
or having each weapon also as ability (with autocast and coresponding actor events) which gets activated if the item behavior is applied 2 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.