• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Giving a unit Multiple simultaneous attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
How would I accomplish this? For instance I would like to give the Battlecruiser 3 ATS Laser Batteries (It's ground attack x3) and 2 ATA Laser Batteries (Air attack x2) so far I've gotten close, I was able to get all 3 weapons (The ATS batteries in this example) to show up on the unit by duplicating it twice with different names (#1, #2, ect.)

I also duplicated the Turret for the battlecruiser for each other weapon that it will have (Thought this was the answer didn't quite solve it though.) I did also make it so all the weapons could fire while moving to try and see easier if all were firing at once.

Heres where things seem to be going wrong at this point. While moving all 3 ATS lasers will in fact fire, however they all attack the same target and will not attack different targets, I need them to attack multiple targets otherwise it just looks like one weapon.

While stationary only one ATS weapon will fire on a unit, if that unit dies or goes out of range of the battlecruiser though one of the other weapons will immediatly fire without hesitation, which means they are in fact not tied to each other's cooldowns.

-

So in short all 3 fire on a single unit while the BC moves, while not moving only 1 fires at a time. I need all 3 to fire all the time, and if possible on multiple units to scatter the damage the BC deals to multiple units and not just 1.

-

EDIT: I think I may have figured out how to do make all 3 weapons attack different targets while stationary at least by giving each weapon a different Target Acquisition (#1 has a TA of "Angle", #2 has a TA of "Distance", #3 has a TA of "Distance to Target")

EDIT #2: I did it! ^_^ all 3 ATS lasers attack multiple unit's at the same time (Most of the time, still occasionally will focus fire) and both ATA lasers attack different targets too. Also all 5 weapons fire at the same time, it works perfect!

Last edited:
Level 1
Hello,

I was hoping you could help me here.

I followed what you said above and was able to duplicate the weapons, and made it to weapon - acquire prioritization via;
Angle / Distance / Distance from Target for each weapon, made the cruiser able to move while firing 360 degrees. But it still won't attack 3 different targets. Did I miss something here? did something wrong? Help please.

By the way, when I duplicated the weapons I checked everything that can be duplicated.
Actors / Upgrade / Effects... etc.

~thanks!

Level 1
Hello,

It's me again.

I got it working ~kinda, 4 out of 6 guns fires (2air/2ground).

Like you said, sometimes it will focus fire on a single target. Do I need to edit something for the (weapon - acquire prioritization: Distance)? because when I set it this option the font becomes grey, not like the other 2 which turns to green.

By the way, For the (weapon - acquire prioritization: Angle) well, since it's angle I changed the (Stats - Arc:) to 360 degrees. (I don't know if this is connected, but it works fine.)

So... What about the (weapon - acquire prioritization: Distance from Target)? Do I also need to edit something for this option?

~thanks..

Status
Not open for further replies.