• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Attack on Move and Simultaneous Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
How would I make a unit attack on the move, ie. the diamondback tank from campaign.

Also, how would I make a unit attack multiple units. I already have multiple weapons set on the unit (siege tank). The problem is, I'm not sure if I need to add the turret setting to each of the weapons. The thing is, I'm trying to add the weapons so that one weapon follows the turret and fires wherever the turret is pointed (cannon) and the other weapon is capable of firing in a 360 degree arc regardless of the turret's direction (machinegun).

Lastly, for the weapons options, what does "only fire at attack target", "only fire while attacking" and "linked cooldown" do?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
How would I make a unit attack on the move, ie. the diamondback tank from campaign.
Take a look at how the "diamondback tank" does it? Its a simple process of copying.

For problem 2, go to the weapon object and set its arc to 360 (not 0), it will now shoot in 360 degrees from its current facing.

"only fire at attack target" means that the weapon will only fire at the unit marked as being attacked, in the case of multiple weapons it means all of them on the unit will try and fire at the attack target instead of each getting their own targets. "only fire while attacking" means the weapon can only fire while the unit is trying to attack, useful for additional weapons that can not initiate an attack themselves yes you want to be used only when attacking. "linked cooldown" means a weapon will share its cooldown with other weapons so for example you could have a siege mode tank with its slow spash land cannon and a much faster AA flack cannon and so by linking cooldowns you assure that it can not fire at the ground then fire at air while the ground shot is cooling down.

Status
Not open for further replies.