• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Turrets (or something like them)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'm not necessarily talking about the the turret data type, but more of how to simulate a turret on a unit. I've figured out most of it including:

-adding the weapon
-attacking while moving
-creating the actor for the attachment "turret" model
-attaching the "turret" to the core unit

so functionally it works perfect. However, it looks like shit. The turret actor does not point in the direction of the target. And the Core unit does its attack animation whenever the turret fires. How do I make this weapon so it causes the turret actor to make an attack animation in the direction of the target but the core unit do nothing.

Ive tried mounting on a turret data type and that does nothing. Still not sure what the turret data type does.

Level 5
I wanted this for the unsieged siege tank and I did this by making the weapon usable during movement using the allowed movment field and also unticking the "only fire at attack target" & "Only fire while Attacking" Options on the weapon

not sure about how the turret actors work as I just copied the unsieged tank so take a look at that and see how that works

Level 3
Yes this works well for the unsieged tank. But what if you want to change what the turret looks like? Or make more than one? This requires you to make an add on actor (like the uberlisk).

My original question still remains.

Status
Not open for further replies.