• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Aim, Shoot, With mouse HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
HELLO!

I have been making alot of maps in wc3 editor but just cant understand the sc2 editor. So simple as it sound i want to make a turret always face my mouse and attack when i left-click... So far i am only avalible to make it face a weird direction when i click a button and the attack does not do anything.

So basicly i havent even started yet. My goal is to get a immortal turret (without the whole body turning) and attack when i click aiming for my mouse.

Sorry for my bad english, Help will be appreciated! :ogre_haosis:

Level 12
Making turret face angle is difficult, as it can't be done. Turrets only rotate when attacking. So what you want to do is to create a dummy weapon with no effect, that will be used continuosly on some dummy unit, that will move according to the mouse.

Make the dummy weapon so that it can attack ONLY the dummy unit (e.g. you choose one attribute that no unit uses and put it on the dummy unit) and just order the unit to attack it.
Then, on left click, launch an effect from the immortal on the clicked location.

Just to be sure, if you want an attack that hits first unit in line, then don't use so called "traceline" algorithm. It's an attrocity. (Just making sure...)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Making turret face angle is difficult, as it can't be done. Turrets only rotate when attacking. So what you want to do is to create a dummy weapon with no effect, that will be used continuosly on some dummy unit, that will move according to the mouse.
Take your lies else where. Blizzed even showed us an immortal with a turret following the mouse at blizzcon and you say it is impossible? Next you will be saying SC2 has not been released yet.

Its all about actor events and messages and links. No one yet but those who made the game in blizzard know exactly how they work but I can garuntee you that an immortal with a rotating turret without custom models or resources was shown at blizzcon 2010 and it as fully functional shooting towards cursor and all. Basically exactly what he wants to do.

The shooting is easy, there are triggers which get the mouse position (well atleast they prommised there are) and then there are triggers to create an effect from a unit towards a point. The effect launches a projectile which checks if it is close to any enemy units and if so it damages them and destroys itself.

Level 3
I made a scv(it teleport to my mouse when i move it) with no model and now trying to make the immortal to attack it all the time but i cant find a good trigger for that... And i also need a working projectile...

Status
Not open for further replies.