• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mouse help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hey does any of you talented trigger guys know how to make a mouse an aim? I want to make a hero movement by arrows so I need a mouse to aim for shooting and how can I do that? I want a hero to shoot at any point wherever I press my mouse on.. how can I do that?

Level 28
Except that there's no mouse-movement in that one.
I've created an FPS with mouse-movement before. The problem? Nobody can play it because Warcraft can't use mouse-events.

Maker is right: it's impossible (in the regular editor). What you linked is pretty stupid too (Wolfenstein 3D-styled movement is a tad outdated and doesn't work that great in Warcraft 3).

Short story: mouse-movement is impossible. Arrow-key movement is possible, but slow (especially in multiplayer).

Level 5
Except that there's no mouse-movement in that one.
I've created an FPS with mouse-movement before. The problem? Nobody can play it because Warcraft can't use mouse-events.

Maker is right: it's impossible (in the regular editor). What you linked is pretty stupid too (Wolfenstein 3D-styled movement is a tad outdated and doesn't work that great in Warcraft 3).

Short story: mouse-movement is impossible. Arrow-key movement is possible, but slow (especially in multiplayer).

yeah but can you guys teach me how to make that style of shooting? I mean like in the video..

thanks for the answers by the way :goblin_good_job:

Level 5
oh and actually can I attach a catapult's attack thing to a cursor?
I mean if I give a hero that catapult's marking the location attack powers, can I attach that to an ordinary mouse click instead of a letter? that way he can shoot where I will click mouse..

Level 14
In this video it is done via arrow movement.
You could use this as a movemet http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...em-148930/?prev=of=downloads_month&order=DESC.
Combine some actions:
(for exaple manipulate that actions:
  • Cam
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Camera - Lock camera target for Player 1 (Red) to (Triggering unit), offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation
      • Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Distance to target to 0.00 over 0.01 seconds
      • Camera - Set Player 1 (Red)'s camera Angle of attack to 0.00 over 0.01 seconds
Something like that.)
For mouse attack create a dummy unit that attacks the specified area that you right click
  • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting a point
:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.