• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Third Person Shooter System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 33
Also, not possible, as it can only be detected "Player presses/order it", not "continuous" detection.

The only "continuous" detection is via Player presses arrow key event, and releases it.
Only this, detects the "continuous" detection event.
But since you're replacing it with Movement System, you can't do with the Shoot System.

Level 4
than how can i make to walk with wasd and shoot with space and aim with mouse(and is that possible)

Level 33
Also, WASD, as we all know it, a hotkeys to spells.
Spells doesn't support the "continuous" detection also.
You can activate spells THEN re-activating it again (Player-action), but does not count as "you are still pressing the Hotkeys, I see" detection event.

Therefore, WASD in Warcraft III is impossible.
You can, but you will have a choppy movement (not to mention, to keep refreshing move orders (abilities) by spam press it, not continuous press).

Level 4
can you just tell me how to make movement system(with arrow keys), and make that camera is locked to character view(so player cant move camera around the map if you know what i mean)

Level 33
Tell you ?
Better link you;
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...d-103625/?prev=search=camera&d=list&r=20&t=65
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...m-148930/?prev=search=camera&d=list&r=20&t=65

You should use the Search function more often.

and make that camera is locked to character view(so player cant move camera around the map if you know what i mean)
  • Camera - Lock camera target for Player 1 (Red) to (Triggering unit), offset by (0.00, 0.00) using Default rotation
Camera - Lock Camera Target To Unit

Just modify the "Player 1 (Red)" to your player(s) and the (Triggering unit) to your unit(s).
Just leave it be for the (0.00, 0.00) and Default rotation.

Status
Not open for further replies.