• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Third person shooter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Hey alot of people are making third person shooters and everything, i was wondering, how do u do the camera/mouse control for that?

Hey alot of people are making third person shooters and everything, i was wondering, how do u do the camera/mouse control for that?

People are still working on this, and if you ask how, probably mean you wont be able to use it anyway
AND Look around here and you should actually have seen a lot of threads about third person view..

There is 2 maps up that give a good example in editor how to do it

Level 19
if u could rain, thatd be great!

+rep to redmarine for link

+rep to rain for the tut

Level 8
I have updated the mentioned thread so you can check it out now. I think its not the best way to create a TPS because of the way the camera rotates(Rotating around the Camera Eye rather then the Camera Target) but that should be just perfect for FPS Cameras. I will try to find a better way for a TPS but I'm guessing it will be more complicated dealing with periodic events and mouse position checking.

Status
Not open for further replies.