• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

wh40k 3rd person shooter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Dissapointing thus far. The Bolter is NOT a machine gun! It should be a whole lot slower and much more powerful. IT shoots minirockets for christ sakes! Also the animations need to be made better.

There are also some horrible lore breaking there.

BUT it's still a VERY early game build, so I still have alot of faith in this game.

Level 34
its the alpha version, and several models of the bolter have an automatic fire setting. and seriously, how rigged would minirockets be? one shot, bam traitor guard dead.
Heavy Bolters are supposed to be awesome.

Dissapointing thus far. The Bolter is NOT a machine gun! It should be a whole lot slower and much more powerful. IT shoots minirockets for christ sakes! Also the animations need to be made better.

There are also some horrible lore breaking there.

BUT it's still a VERY early game build, so I still have alot of faith in this game.

Agreed. Too bad that in DoW they still fire like autogun. Thats why I enjoyed Firewarrior, although it was kinda weird using it in Tau hands. But it was quite inaccurate, especially against fast moving targets like imperial guard soldiers

Level 13
its the alpha version, and several models of the bolter have an automatic fire setting. and seriously, how rigged would minirockets be? one shot, bam traitor guard dead.
Bolters NEVER shoot that fast! Also they are SUPPOSED to be Minirockets EVERYWHERE in LORE! There are NO exceptions and the game makers are not allowed to just change it! Perhaps replace it with a bolt pistol or something, and also Traitor Guards should be weaker and more plentiful. A normal Space Marine should have no problem taking out few squads solo at the same time.

Level 13
Hm. I just hope they can handle with applying multiplayer and massive battles within the single player. Al WH40k is around big battles... And they should add some kind of liberty to choose what kind of marine you are... Limited to plain Space Marines will make the game repetitive. Add controlable Assault Marines, Heavy Gunners, Terminators and Librarians and the game will triumph.

Edited: Thanks Tyranid, I am bad with names...

Last edited:
Level 13
Hm. I just hope they can handle with applying multiplayer and massive battles within the single player. Al WH40k is around big battles... And they should add some kind of liberty to choose what kind of marine you are... Limited to plain Space Marines will make the game repetitive. Add controlable Assault Marines, heavy gunners, Exterminators and the Marine Psykers (Don't remember the name...) and the game will triumph.
I'm guessing that with Exterminators you mean Terminators and with Psykers you mean Librarians. Too bad they just do not scale in power. Assault Marines are pretty much Marines with jump packs to get closer into melee. HOWEVER Terminators are old veterans with incredible amounts of experience in the battlefield and they wear the strongest armour available to the Space Marines, Terminator Armour.

Librarians are also very powerful and few and playing one would be difficult, especially if the alternative would be an ordinary Space Marine. Also Librarians don't go solo that much if I remember correct.

Level 13
But if they do add massive battles, use of all these units will have sense. Some sort of spell-caster is always needed.

Level 22
this is for 360, it seemed like you were talking about it being on pc or something.

actually, they can change the bolter's minirockets since games-workshop obvioulsy let them.
i would rather have the game be more challenging and have minor lore errors, than the game be easy and repetitive and have everything correct.

Level 13
this is for 360, it seemed like you were talking about it being on pc or something.

actually, they can change the bolter's minirockets since games-workshop obvioulsy let them.
i would rather have the game be more challenging and have minor lore errors, than the game be easy and repetitive and have everything correct.

Funny since that's exactly what I thought about the trailer.

Also, Games Workshop might not be aware of it right now but they are still able to interfere with the game's development. I'm sorry, but sticking to lore does not mean the game will suddenly be easy or repetitive.

Level 22
sigh, when i meant about repetitive and boring, i meant having a weapon that can deliver 1 hit kills, and its your weapon that you start out with.

its still in alpha stages as well.

actually, let me ask you this, why didnt relic make the space marine bolters/heavybolters as strong as they should be?

Level 13
sigh, when i meant about repetitive and boring, i meant having a weapon that can deliver 1 hit kills, and its your weapon that you start out with.

actually, let me ask you this, why didnt relic make the space marine bolters/heavybolters as strong as they should be?
Who said they didn't? They ain't supposed to be 1 hit killers, and even if they the Space Marines can still miss with them. A Bolter can most likely kill an Imperial Guard with 1 hit, but it cannot kill Chaos Space Marines or most of the other races since they have a whole lot more powerful armour/energy shields.

Level 34

They shouldn't have them at at the beginning.

And you refer to DoW? They are good, really good.

Level 22
they arent that great you know. heavy bolters are ok, but they still take time to setup and they dont deliver instant kills. same with the standard bolters. they dont shoot explosive rounds either.

and they shouldnt have what in the beginning? bolters?
bolters are sacred weapons of the space marines, its only right to give them one in the beginning. it would be annoying if the bolter was like the Spartan Laser in halo and would appear like once or twice in the campaign.

Level 4
Why not start as like, a Space Marine recruit with a Chainsword and a training level where you get a Bolter, and then so on and so on and eventually you can change 'classes' at special 'outfitting stations' and in singleplayer you can earn new weapons to get at the 'stations' and you have a ranking system or something and you get better weapons as you raise in rank.
That's about it that I can give ya... and I can't watch the vid, YouTube is blocked on this comp.

Level 34
they arent that great you know. heavy bolters are ok, but they still take time to setup and they dont deliver instant kills. same with the standard bolters. they dont shoot explosive rounds either.
If you still are talking about DoW, Heavy Bolters are the best weapon for Marines. Except for that time when they made Rocket Launchers wtf pwn for some reason.

and they shouldnt have what in the beginning? bolters?
bolters are sacred weapons of the space marines, its only right to give them one in the beginning. it would be annoying if the bolter was like the Spartan Laser in halo and would appear like once or twice in the campaign.
I was only talking about heavy ones as I thought only they shot rockets.

Level 22
bolters do too. heavy bolters just shoot faster.

they wouldnt start out as a space marine recruit since they obviously already have a story going about a world fighting since theres awhole bunch of traitor guards and chaos shit flying around.

Level 13
Very few Space Marine chapters actually practice firing Bolters with 1 hand. Having a Bolt Pistol and Chainsword is a whole lot more common and useful than bolter and chainsword.

Status
Not open for further replies.