• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Attach multiple turrets to a spaceship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey guys,

At this moment I'm working on a concept for a multiplayer mod for starcraft II. I'm planning to make
custom models for this map. The concept is that you can build a space ship and fully
customize it by attaching weapons, engines and shields to this space ship.

I'm currently trying to make a proof of concept. I want to know if this is possible in the Galaxy Editor.

The first step is for this proof of concept is to attach a turret to a unit.
I searched on the internet for tutorials to do this.

---
I found a good tutorial on Sc2mod.com
http://sc2mod.com/board/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=89

This method has some advantages and disadvantages. The unit and the turret are still individual units.
Each has is own health bar and can be targeted by the enemy.The turret picks his own target. This way
a unit with turrets can target multiple enemy’s.The problem with this method is the big delay when the
unit rotates or moves. The turrets don't stay in place.

Does somebody know if it's possible to remove this delay? That the turret sticks in place.

---
Another good tutorial is the tutorial on SC 2 mapster
http://www.sc2mapster.com/forums/resources/tutorials/4284-data-the-uberlisk/

With this method the tentacles/turrets will stay exactly in place on the unit. It moves correctly with the model.
the downside is that the tentacles/turrets each attack the same target. This unit can't attack multiple enemy's.
Another downside is that the tentacles/units don't have there own health bar and can't be selected by the player.

---
Does somebody know if it's possible to attach multiple turrets to a custom model.
And if the turrets can individually pick there own targets, have there own healthbar and are selectable by the player?

Status
Not open for further replies.