• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gallery Of Models,Skins etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 32
This idea has some real possibilities.

I would envision sticky threads in each forum where the moderators (and resource moderators) could add their favorite submissions along with detailed reviews of them.

The threads would ideally be closed for posting: regular users would have to PM a mod to recommend items for inclusion: otherwise the threads would just get spammed.

Give me a week or so to get all the details worked out.

Level 32
My current thinking leads me to envision an entirely new forum: a so called "Hall of Fame" or "Directors Choice."

Each resource category would have it's own individual thread in the forum: icons, models etc. All the posts for outstanding submissions should be as slick as possible: showing plenty of detail and eye candy. Resource moderator's reviews could also be included.

Level 7
well what would you do if two moderators didnt agree on a choice maybe you could first divide like this

resource type - genres - moderator

so each moderator could pick their favs with out other moderators arguing about it

see Wulf im not always off-topic and screaming

Level 6
Idea! Sticky thread for good maps

Why?
Because im sure there are tons of good maps made, but its hard to find them from the huge amount of maps that have been aproved, it would hopefully also fill the bnet with more interesting maps.

This should be possible, because moderators test the maps before aproving, they should also maybe take few screenshots and maybe enlarge the descrption player has given for the map.

Level 19
During the last 12 months I haven't been able to find any good singleplayer maps. One year ago it was Dwarf Campaign. So I'm really getting bored. If you have a good singleplayer map I would like to hear as I'm not for testing all. I tried that once, but most of them ended up being mainly waste of time.

Level 32
Guys, this idea has been discussed before: Gallery Of Models,Skins etc..

There has (unfortunately) been a considerable delay in regards to it's implementation. I'll discuss it with the Chieftain and the other admins and try to make something happen within the next week or so: FOR SURE this time!

~ Thread merged.

[edit]

After discussing this matter with Ralle, he has informed me that the implementation of the Hive's "Directors Cut" will be delayed until AFTER our resources sections are integrated into the forum proper. This is likely to transpire within the next few weeks.

Sorry for the delay and thanks for your patience!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.